NEWSWEEK Magazine--Dies in December. Kaput. Out of Print. Sayonara.

Werbung:
Or they will be pioneers. We will see.

Someone will garner some business and do good things electronically.
I seriously doubt it will be Newsweek--not with the staff they currently have.
People have a long memory for biased, false 'yellow' journalism--which is how they tried to make money when things got tougher.
Selling out and pandering are not attractive to readers. Unless you just want to make a go of it with pure propaganda.
Air America and those like it tried that and failed--badly.

I grew up with Newsweek in my parents home. I got my own subscription when I was 17 years old.
I canceled that subscription about 10 years ago because of all their propagandist BS. Good Riddance!

I do not think Newsweek will do very well on the web. It is too easy these days to fact check what you read on the web.
That and the fact that there is a lot of competition on the web from real news sources, I think their propagandist BS is waning to an end.

Werbung:
I grew up with Newsweek in my parents home. I got my own subscription when I was 17 years old.
I canceled that subscription about 10 years ago because of all their propagandist BS. Good Riddance!

I do not think Newsweek will do very well on the web. It is too easy these days to fact check what you read on the web.
That and the fact that there is a lot of competition on the web from real news sources, I think their propagandist BS is waning to an end.

I know the print medium well--and all print magazines are dead--whether they admit it or not. Weight. Paper. Postage. Waste. No reason to exist. Pretty, expensive "boutique" publications will survive.

Those with a sharp editorial staff might do well electronically--but--the whole industry is topsy-turvy due to the internet and headed to--who knows where?

Polarized opinions are the norm now--and why not? I don't want to have it all mixed up like an omelette I'll barf up later.
You go to where you find kindred opinions. I DO read the left-wing all the time (know thy enemy).

I, too, shit-canned TIME, NewsWeek, USN&WR (and I used to work for them!) because they all were infiltrated and corrupted by the lefties turned out by our colleges.

I am delighted they will all be asking us now "May I SuperSize that for you today Sir?" or "Paper or Plastic?"

Journalism has arrived at homeostasis. ;)

Back