Obama calls for increase in Federal Gas Tax

A tax cut would mean that you paid in $800 less because your tax rate went down. A tax credit means that you get back $800 of the money that was taxed out of your check without a change in your tax rate.

They aren't the same thing. It's fallacious to refer to one in terms of the other, the terms are not interchangeable. Another example of this are the budget "cuts", where we didn't actually CUT any money from the budget, we just reduced the rate of growth from 13% to 12% and people like you call that a budget "cut". It would be funny if it weren't so Orwellian.

Amen!

Werbung:
Remember Bush gave yall a check from the I.R.S? Then after a year you cashed that check a question says on your 1040 form. Did you recive a stimulus check in the past 9 months? If you said yes you add $500 means you pay it back. You see its a game politicans play with you. The only way youll make any money is buy suing someone in court even try suing the federal government in court.

Remember Bush gave yall a check from the I.R.S? Then after a year you cashed that check a question says on your 1040 form. Did you recive a stimulus check in the past 9 months? If you said yes you add $500 means you pay it back. You see its a game politicans play with you. The only way youll make any money is buy suing someone in court even try suing the federal government in court.

The difference is this.... President Bush never claimed his check was a tax cut and no one out there ever claimed President Bush cut your taxes by giving you a stim check, but with obama it is apparently his campaign promise fulfilled, I'd vomit now but I would get my key board messy :)

just call this what it is bashing Obama for being Obama..

He cuts your taxes you have to pay you say he did not cut it the way you want...even if your checkbook can't tell the difference.

If he extends a cut he did not give you a tax break....But if he fails to extend them he raised your taxes...aka when you do something I like...you get no credit when do something I do not like you take all the blame..

So what if more people got more money back under Obama then Bush..lets just pretend Bush lowered them and Obama raised them even if we can't point to anything he raised...

if your taxes went up, maybe you made more...or your state taxes went up, or your property taxes that have skyrocket under Republican leadership my state.

When Buffet says tax us more...you say so write them a check..
If you don't like the tax break you got from obama send it back.

The difference is this.... President Bush never claimed his check was a tax cut and no one out there ever claimed President Bush cut your taxes by giving you a stim check, but with obama it is apparently his campaign promise fulfilled, I'd vomit now but I would get my key board messy :)

wait so Bush spent money on a stimulus package I see...but did not pay for it...raised the debt.......but yet republicans cheered for it....

Obama should win the next election that way, just don't pay for it but just cut evry tax payer a check and say vote for me....

No, can buy more not less

at least I could last year, I dont think we get a stim check this year with our taxes

Actually you could have less, Republicans are pushing to end a tax break Obama wants to keep going..

Enjoy.

But of course we can't give you more now, you know the debt and all....

Also enjoy buying more, not attacking Obama for passing a bill to let you have more.

Actually you could have less, Republicans are pushing to end a tax break Obama wants to keep going..

Enjoy.

But of course we can't give you more now, you know the debt and all....

Also enjoy buying more, not attacking Obama for passing a bill to let you have more.

I am not attacking him on this, I am just saying it was not a tax cut, it was a credit possible because of the stim package Bush's credit was not a cut either.

I read up on that tax the republicans are ok with letting end. It makes them hypocritical. Why was there no thread on it? I have seen it mentioned a few times in different threads but never saw a thread on it, also why is there no thread on fast and furious?

I am not attacking him on this, I am just saying it was not a tax cut, it was a credit possible because of the stim package Bush's credit was not a cut either.

I read up on that tax the republicans are ok with letting end. It makes them hypocritical. Why was there no thread on it? I have seen it mentioned a few times in different threads but never saw a thread on it, also why is there no thread on fast and furious?

Is then saying Obama did not cut your taxes...being just a bit picky on wording then even under your own definitions that I don't agree with? The point was he was going to have you end up with more of your tax money...and you did...so he lived up to what he said.

Is then saying Obama did not cut your taxes...being just a bit picky on wording then..
You're the one being picky about wording by insisting that a rebate be considered a tax cut. Offering a tax rebate is NOT a tax CUT. If you cut the rates, that's a tax cut, if you do not change the rates but give people checks, that's a rebate. So stop trying to claim it's a tax cut and just call it a rebate.

You're the one being picky about wording by insisting that a rebate be considered a tax cut. Offering a tax rebate is NOT a tax CUT. If you cut the rates, that's a tax cut, if you do not change the rates but give people checks, that's a rebate. So stop trying to claim it's a tax cut and just call it a rebate.

funny how for 8 years Bush had a tax cut...but yet all the sudden we have to use new wording when its not convenient to you? You sound like TPaw saying he did not raise taxes, just set a impact fee....

Obama lowered your taxes, call it what you want..tax payers dont care as long as they get there money.

Werbung:
Is then saying Obama did not cut your taxes...being just a bit picky on wording then even under your own definitions that I don't agree with? The point was he was going to have you end up with more of your tax money...and you did...so he lived up to what he said.

I agree that it is wording only.

For example, it is clear that both "tax rebate" and "tax cut" put more money in your pocket. . .whether it is for one year or for 10 years doesn't matter. What does matter is that tax rebate have less of an impact on the deficit, because it is "time controlled" and it's impact is usually greater for people with little income than for people with large income.

$300.00 doesn't mean the same thing for someone making $20,000 a year, than for someone making $200,000 a year! In fact, many of my neighbors didn't even REALIZE that they had gotten a tax rebate! It was kind of "lost" among their dividend income! While my cleaning lady was very happy to tell me what she had spent that "windfall" on. . .and how fast!

So, the $300.00 in tax rebate that went to my cleaning lady immediately had a positive impact on the economy. The $300.00 that went in my neighbors' bank account stayed there. . .

Back