Obama: Dems blown out because "I didn't make an argument people can understand"

Little-Acorn

Yes, now it's official. The main reason Democrats got kicked out of office in numbers unmatched since the 1930s, was NOT because the American people disagreed with their big-government poilices and programs. It was because Democrats didn't do a good enough job of explaining those policies to them.

That's right. The most articulate, engaging President we've ever had, backed by solid majorities in both Houses of Congress and a compliant national press that lavishes praise on his every word and spreads it far and wide, going at it for two years and 158 press conferences, speeches, and interviews....

....failed to get the word out adequately.

And, by the way: According to our President, the missing link in the chain was not the lack of oratorical skills, any more than it was the undesireability of the far-left programs they imposed. No, the reason for failure was that "the people cannot understand."

Yep, those stupid hayseed hick voters just didn't have the mental capacity to comprehend how good and benevolent the liberals' exploding government and cradle-to-grave government control over them, would be.

This word comes not from some leftist fanatic blogger or some newly-unemployed Florida congressman. It's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES informing us of these "facts".

Is it 2014 yet?

----------------------------------------------

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/11...ilures-says-leadership-isnt-just-legislation/

Obama On ’60 Minutes’: ‘Leadership Isn’t Just Legislation’
November 5, 2010 2:32 PM

NEW YORK (CBS) — After suffering a “shellacking” in the midterm elections, President Obama acknowledges what many have seen as his chief weakness – failing to sell the importance of several legislative milestones to the American people.

“I think that’s a fair argument. I think that, over the course of two years we were so busy and so focused on getting a bunch of stuff done that, we stopped paying attention to the fact that leadership isn’t just legislation. That it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone,” Mr. Obama told 60 Minutes’ Steve Kroft in an exclusive interview set to air Sunday.

“Making an argument that people can understand,” Mr. Obama continued, “I think that we haven’t always been successful at that. And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine carefully … as I go forward.”

Werbung:
Yeah Look at the 1930s THE GREAT DEPRESSION! Hoover and Dems didnt help the economy. Hoover and Dems were voted out. Then WWII ended the Great Depression. We need a president to start WWIII By doing this to Pakistan
a0f292.jpg

Luckily the dems rely on lies because if they were really this stupid we would already be speaking Mandarin. I mean they ARE stupid to be this ignorant of the track record of all the failed policies they ascribe to but at least its just because of their ability to divert public money to their cronies.

Werbung:
The problem is not that the American people didn't understand the message the Democrats were trying to send them for two years.

The problem is, the Democrats don't understand the message the American people sent them on Nov. 2, 2010.

But that's OK... the Amerian people will just send it again in Nov. 2012... in even stronger terms.

And repeat as long as necessary.

Back