Obama gets an earful in clash with GOP senators

millions protested the war in Iraq...why did Bush do it anyway? Millions have protested FOR health care reform as well...

As far as the war in Iraq.....I don't subscribe to revisionist history so forgive me if I don't recall "millions" protesting the war at wall when we first entered. Have there been millions since, sure. So thats not a accurate comparison. Did many people want healthcare reform? yes. However, the majority didn't support the public option, nor did they support a basic government takeover of the health care system. Many people agreed that there were things that needed to be done to reform the system that would have effectively reduce cost and expanded coverage. However, many people didn't support mandating that someone have coverage. Thus the point I was making that people like you, yes, are upset that it wasn't a larger big government umbrella. On the same note and this has been seen on everything from cbs to cnn close to 70 +/- % of people want this current bill to be overhauled because they are learning more and more about what is in it. All that to say this, the debate should have gone on longer (and the argument that if it took longer that was longer people were w/o coverage doesn't work because the bill wasn't effective immediately.) Senators and Reps should have been way more available, held many more townhall meetings (and not said this is the one and only, thus upsetting people on both sides, because it was a one time only oppurtunity to be heard.) The open and transparency that was promised, which I thought was a great idea, and I'm not an Obama guy never happened. Do I support the way things were done with spending etc while the Republican had control of the house, senate, and WH? No. However, not much has changed at all in the house and senate since the Dems took over in 07. Thus the reason incumbents which in this case is a majority Dems are in a lot of trouble, and health care/ the handling of that will probably be the death nail.

Werbung:
As far as the war in Iraq.....I don't subscribe to revisionist history so forgive me if I don't recall "millions" protesting the war at wall when we first entered. Have there been millions since, sure. So thats not a accurate comparison. Did many people want healthcare reform? yes. However, the majority didn't support the public option, nor did they support a basic government takeover of the health care system. Many people agreed that there were things that needed to be done to reform the system that would have effectively reduce cost and expanded coverage. However, many people didn't support mandating that someone have coverage. Thus the point I was making that people like you, yes, are upset that it wasn't a larger big government umbrella. On the same note and this has been seen on everything from cbs to cnn close to 70 +/- % of people want this current bill to be overhauled because they are learning more and more about what is in it. All that to say this, the debate should have gone on longer (and the argument that if it took longer that was longer people were w/o coverage doesn't work because the bill wasn't effective immediately.) Senators and Reps should have been way more available, held many more townhall meetings (and not said this is the one and only, thus upsetting people on both sides, because it was a one time only oppurtunity to be heard.) The open and transparency that was promised, which I thought was a great idea, and I'm not an Obama guy never happened. Do I support the way things were done with spending etc while the Republican had control of the house, senate, and WH? No. However, not much has changed at all in the house and senate since the Dems took over in 07. Thus the reason incumbents which in this case is a majority Dems are in a lot of trouble, and health care/ the handling of that will probably be the death nail.

I stoped listening after you said millions did not protest the war before it started..flat out bold face wrong and amazing you could even think that idea would fly...your way out of touch.

2nd...Polls showed pubic in favor of the public Option...facts are damn things for you it seems.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2009/10/cnn_poll_61_favor_public_option.html
CNN Poll: 61% Favor Public Option

CBS/Newsline poll" The top-line result is 65% in favor, 26% opposed. Among Democrats only, it's 81%-12%, and independents are at 61%-30%. And among Republican respondents, 47% are in favor, to 42% opposed.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/poll-even-republican-voters-favor-the-public-option.php

that was a 10 sec check of facts online...try it someday..

I stoped listening after you said millions did not protest the war before it started..flat out bold face wrong and amazing you could even think that idea would fly...your way out of touch.

2nd...Polls showed pubic in favor of the public Option...facts are damn things for you it seems.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2009/10/cnn_poll_61_favor_public_option.html
CNN Poll: 61% Favor Public Option

CBS/Newsline poll" The top-line result is 65% in favor, 26% opposed. Among Democrats only, it's 81%-12%, and independents are at 61%-30%. And among Republican respondents, 47% are in favor, to 42% opposed.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/poll-even-republican-voters-favor-the-public-option.php

that was a 10 sec check of facts online...try it someday..

I like how you pick the one poll that you liked out of the group.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

The most recent poll from 5/28-5/29 clearly states 60% against. Some other interesting numbers for you would be the Obama disapproval numbers that are ranging from 47% to 54%. The Democrat congress disapproval ranging from 65% to 77%. The direction of the country....."country going on wrong track" 56% to 64% said going in wrong direction. Again as I said this country was United in going after whom we thought attacked us on 9/11. Whether or not Iraq had WMD's or if they sponsored terrorist has no bearing on the day we decided to go to war.

I like how you pick the one poll that you liked out of the group.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

The most recent poll from 5/28-5/29 clearly states 60% against. Some other interesting numbers for you would be the Obama disapproval numbers that are ranging from 47% to 54%. The Democrat congress disapproval ranging from 65% to 77%. The direction of the country....."country going on wrong track" 56% to 64% said going in wrong direction. Again as I said this country was United in going after whom we thought attacked us on 9/11. Whether or not Iraq had WMD's or if they sponsored terrorist has no bearing on the day we decided to go to war.

god your sad....you said Public Option...and that's what I put..you put the health care plan....many think it did not go far enough, and many don't like some things that where done to get it passed....but do like the core of what it did...But you talk about Select and choose...you can't even put up the poll that talks about what I said...I post 2 diff polls...you post 1...and somehow think yours wins and I am being selective...For real, maybe cooking classes would be more to your ability.

god your sad....you said Public Option...and that's what I put..you put the health care plan....many think it did not go far enough, and many don't like some things that where done to get it passed....but do like the core of what it did...But you talk about Select and choose...you can't even put up the poll that talks about what I said...I post 2 diff polls...you post 1...and somehow think yours wins and I am being selective...For real, maybe cooking classes would be more to your ability.

Pardon....Your right I did leave out the public option poll. Here is a link that talks about DISapproval of the public option. Again though you focus on one thing in my response and don't bother to respond to the rest. Is that because you can't? And I put health care and the public option. I wasn't talking only about public option. Anyone with a reading comprehension level above the 3rd grade could have figured that out. Didn't go far enough, how so? I pointed out things that were done to pass it and you chose not to respond to that....now suddenly it is part of why people aren't happy with it? FYI...I'm pretty confident in my abilities and that is displayed in most of your responses when you avoid more than half of what I have pointed out.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...8_oppose_if_workers_forced_to_change_coverage

Werbung:
I have not kept up on this thread (other than to post the flapping eared Obama pic - great pic I must say and posted again below for your viewing pleasure), so please forgive if I am redundant.

I attended BO's speech at UM commencement on Red Communist Day (May 1st). He spouted off about getting lots of opinions including opposing ones before coming to your own conclusion. Keep an open mind he spewed...

Now we have the governor of AZ asking for a meeting with BO to discuss their wonderful new immigration law and BO declines. Is this not hypocrisy of the highest order???

barakodumbo.gif

Back