Obama has hand in Kennedy Replacement

Werbung:
Rob,

has this ever happened before with other presidents or is this a first?

Well surely Presidents will lean on states in an effort to get their agenda pushed through, that is nothing new.

As for something exactly like this, I am not sure, nothing comes to mind immediately off hand, but it is probably a more unique circumstance than most.

Better question rob, why would he not? its not like he is forcing it, but of course he is going to lean on them and say he would like it...he is not retarded.

Well, it was his White House that said "this is a state issue and they will figure it out." Stands to reason that then turning around and applying pressure is not really letting them do that.

Another example of how Obama is two-faced.

Strike up one more for the liar-in-chief

Well if it is a state issue, it would stand to reason that the White House would then stay out of it, which they have not right?

deppends, do you count haveing a opinion and or desire and making it known staying out? then no

if you count it as taking actions to force them to do what he wants then yes he has stayed out.

even in some crazy world where he said nothing ( I dont care who is in change, hey are going to say something) the simple fact would be no one is retarded enough to think he would not want a 2nd person in the senate for the votes.

change this to a red state with a red seat open...and red state changing rules...he would most likely just stay out in saying anything, but would also not do anything to stop it from happening...

only thing that changes is him stating his opinion....that being known anyway regardless if he said anything

Werbung:
Understandably they want their 60 votes back, but if this is a state issue, why is the White House leaning so heavily on the Governor here?

It can be a states issue and the President can still send a signal as to what he would like to see happen.

This is the same thing now with the governors bid to run for re-election.

It's not like anybody is forcing the governor not to run.

But it's being made clear that the President doesn't think he's the strongest candidate... and not to be expecting him to come campaign for you if you do choose to run.

Seems to me wanting the best person in there is no sin. And fair warning of the Presidents intentions is just that.

Back