Obama Releases Five More Gitmo Detainees

Cruella

These terrorists are from Yemen and affiliated with al-Qaeda. The same group the attacked France. Obama has lost his mind.

Obama Releases Five More Gitmo Detainees in Wake of Charlie Hebdo Attack

Five more detainees from Guantanamo Bay were released from the detention facility, according to an announcement from the Defense Department last night.

Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...mo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

Werbung:
These terrorists are from Yemen and affiliated with al-Qaeda. The same group the attacked France. Obama has lost his mind.

Obama Releases Five More Gitmo Detainees in Wake of Charlie Hebdo Attack

Five more detainees from Guantanamo Bay were released from the detention facility, according to an announcement from the Defense Department last night.

Four detainees — Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammad Al Yafi, Fadel Hussein Saleh Hentif, Abd Al-Rahman Abdullah Au Shabati, and Mohammed Ahmed Salam — were transferred to Oman, a country neighboring Yemen, a widely known source of terrorist activity in the Middle East. Another detainee, Akhmed Abdul Qadir, was transferred to Estonia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...mo-detainees-in-wake-of-charlie-hebdo-attack/

Since it is not mentioned in the article, where does you information come from? From what I have heard for the past 5 years is that the prisoners in Gitmo cannot be charged with anything since there is no proof of wrong doing, or a connection to any terrorist group.

http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2014/06/how-close-guantanamo-without-swapping-prisoners/86569/

Last edited:
Since it is not mentioned in the article, where does you information come from? From what I have heard for the past 5 years is that the prisoners in Gitmo cannot be charged with anything since there is no proof of wrong doing, or a connection to any terrorist group.

http://www.defenseone.com/politics/2014/06/how-close-guantanamo-without-swapping-prisoners/86569/

The article was about releasing Yemeni detainees so soon after Yemeni trained jihadists attacked France. Sort of a poke-in-the-eye to our European allies in this fight against Islamic terrorism.

I don't know all the legal ins-and-outs about detaining illegal-combatants on the battlefield. We went to war with al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. The first guy mentioned,
Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammed Al Yafi, (I didn't look up the others), was caught in Tora-Bora Afghanistan. He was trained in Afghanistan at a known terrorist training center. His name was found on a document listing al-Qaeda members.

As to the Afghan and Yemen politics are concerned in this war on terror, I have no clue. There had been an earlier discussion with Yemen to repatriate their detainees, but at a hefty cost that couldn't be agreed upon.

As to taking al-Qaeda connected terrorists off the battle field and detaining them, well it's pretty obvious that Obama would rather just drone them and kill them along with whoever else is around them.

This war on terror is new and world wide. It's not like the old conventional wars with states and standing armies and our laws obviously haven't caught up.

The article was about releasing Yemeni detainees so soon after Yemeni trained jihadists attacked France. Sort of a poke-in-the-eye to our European allies in this fight against Islamic terrorism.

I don't know all the legal ins-and-outs about detaining illegal-combatants on the battlefield. We went to war with al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. The first guy mentioned,
Al Khadr Abdallah Muhammed Al Yafi, (I didn't look up the others), was caught in Tora-Bora Afghanistan. He was trained in Afghanistan at a known terrorist training center. His name was found on a document listing al-Qaeda members.

As to the Afghan and Yemen politics are concerned in this war on terror, I have no clue. There had been an earlier discussion with Yemen to repatriate their detainees, but at a hefty cost that couldn't be agreed upon.

As to taking al-Qaeda connected terrorists off the battle field and detaining them, well it's pretty obvious that Obama would rather just drone them and kill them along with whoever else is around them.

This war on terror is new and world wide. It's not like the old conventional wars with states and standing armies and our laws obviously haven't caught up.

Most of the GITMO prisoners were not caught on the battlefield.

As to the use of drones, it is sure as hell a lot better then seeing more Americans killed for someones pleasure, or legacy.

In any event, they have spent 12 years in a prison with no charges filed. Is that what America has come to?

Most of the GITMO prisoners were not caught on the battlefield.

As to the use of drones, it is sure as hell a lot better then seeing more Americans killed for someones pleasure, or legacy.

In any event, they have spent 12 years in a prison with no charges filed. Is that what America has come to?

What don't you understand about being at war with al-Qaeda? I guess 9/11 didn't happen. As far as them sitting in Gitmo, what's better? Sending them back to Yemen to become terrorist rock stars and cause more deaths?

Why is ANYONE still in this stinking concentration camp? Pay them the millions you owe in compensation and let them go.

What don't you understand about being at war with al-Qaeda? I guess 9/11 didn't happen. As far as them sitting in Gitmo, what's better? Sending them back to Yemen to become terrorist rock stars and cause more deaths?

Where is your proof they would go back, and act like terrorists? Most were not doing so when they were picked up for no cause. How many out of all those who were picked up, and then released, have actually went back to terrorism? Do you have a clue? What part of the reality that the DOD, State Dept., etc., have approved of the releases, not just Obama, and that the law allows for their return do you not understand? I guess to you it is justice to keep these people in prison for the rest of their lives, and never have to prove they did anything wrong.

Where is your proof they would go back, and act like terrorists? Most were not doing so when they were picked up for no cause. How many out of all those who were picked up, and then released, have actually went back to terrorism? Do you have a clue? What part of the reality that the DOD, State Dept., etc., have approved of the releases, not just Obama, and that the law allows for their return do you not understand? I guess to you it is justice to keep these people in prison for the rest of their lives, and never have to prove they did anything wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/29/politics/bergdahl-swap-prisoner-militant-activity/

"
The U.S. military and intelligence community now suspect that one of the five Taliban detainees released from Guantanamo Bayin return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in May of last year has attempted to return to militant activity from his current location in Qatar by making contact with suspected Taliban associates in Afghanistan, multiple officials tell CNN.

The development has led to an ongoing debate inside the administration about whether there is a new threat from this man, and potentially the other four.

"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/politics/guantanamo-obama-six-years-later/

About 17% of the total of 620 detainees released from Guantanamo -- most during President George W. Bush's presidency -- have since engaged in terrorist activities, according to the September 2014 semiannual report from the director of national intelligence. Another 12% are suspected of engaging in terrorist or insurgent activities.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/29/politics/bergdahl-swap-prisoner-militant-activity/

"
The U.S. military and intelligence community now suspect that one of the five Taliban detainees released from Guantanamo Bayin return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in May of last year has attempted to return to militant activity from his current location in Qatar by making contact with suspected Taliban associates in Afghanistan, multiple officials tell CNN.

The development has led to an ongoing debate inside the administration about whether there is a new threat from this man, and potentially the other four.

"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/politics/guantanamo-obama-six-years-later/

About 17% of the total of 620 detainees released from Guantanamo -- most during President George W. Bush's presidency -- have since engaged in terrorist activities, according to the September 2014 semiannual report from the director of national intelligence. Another 12% are suspected of engaging in terrorist or insurgent activities.

TY for proving my point. Less then 20% are suspected of having returned to acts of terrorism. That is lower then the recidivism rate for a US prison.

And, of course, all have ignored that there is a system for returning these prisoners to some part of the world. It is not just Obama that is making such a decision. Or would you prefer they spend the rest of their lives in prison with no charges being filed, and no proof they have ever attacked any American?

TY for proving my point. Less then 20% are suspected of having returned to acts of terrorism. That is lower then the recidivism rate for a US prison.

And, of course, all have ignored that there is a system for returning these prisoners to some part of the world. It is not just Obama that is making such a decision. Or would you prefer they spend the rest of their lives in prison with no charges being filed, and no proof they have ever attacked any American?

This more or less sums up my feeling on the matter.

As long as one gets the guilty, and not the guiltless. Or, you could be one of those bigots who thinks all Muslims are guilty by association of religion.

I don't know of any detainee currently being held for "suspicion of being a Muslim"....

Werbung:
This is a great resource from the New York Times in regards to the 122 detainees that remain and information about their background and actions. Read through a couple of them - I think they speak for themselves.

http://projects.nytimes.com/guantanamo/detainees/held
Old Trapper, you make entirely too much sense for this forum!
Thank you for trying to speak the true and bring a sense of reality among these compulsive haters. . .but I am afraid you will waste your time, like several of us have done in the past!
;)
Good luck though!
:)

Back