Obamaconomy!!!

Sam's talking about a different process: the production of energy from fusing heavy hydrogens like Deuterium and Tritium into Helium. We've been trying to do that for a long time. It's kind of the "Holy Grail" of energy technology. You can google Tokamak reactors and the like.

Yes, I understand the difference between nuclear fusion and fission and I understand what is reality and what is still only theory. Right now I thought the public discussion is about using hydrogen was to to power cars via fuel cells - an idea I personally think has merit. It seemed that was what he was talking about when he said,

"We have to burn energy to get energy from Hydrogen, since we have to get it from water, so I have my doubts about it as a cure all for our energy needs."

Right now nuclear power, the one power source that can meet our energy needs for the distant future (nuclear fission), is being underplayed in a rush to develop "green energy". I'm not sure if the term "green" is used because of the amount of money needed, or because that is the color of most scientists face when they hear talk of the subject.

Nuclear power, the one true solution to our future energy needs is being lost behind the veil of public misconception and political incompetence. Right now, Obama gets a big thumbs down
icon13.gif
on his energy policy.

Werbung:
It's not an economy now in the US, it's a joke.

It's not coming back as Obama destroyed jobs.

No jobs, no real economy.

China are you looking? Pull your money out of the US while you can.

Japan are you listening? Get your investments out of the US.

Germany are you careful with money? Then get it out of the US.
Yeah.....things are different, now......​

"Business has been on the ropes since last fall's financial collapse, but the first glimmerings of recovery are calling forth a capitalist counteroffensive.

As long as the global economy was crumbling, business held back and even welcomed the infusion of hundreds of billions of government dollars to prop up the system. Business leaders, like everyone else, were frightened to death. They welcomed Big Government's exertions to keep the banks alive and gin up consumer purchasing power.

It is an odd tribute to the short-term success of Obama's recovery effort that the business lobbies now feel free to return to the old-time religion of bashing government and singing the praises of the unfettered marketplace."​

:rolleyes:

Dow falls 200 points just today.

It was a suckers' rally it appears.

It's called CHANGE!

Remember 13K on Dow under Bush?

Not long ago we had an economy.

Mr. Sharman - Ron Regan had to fix the Billy Carter mess.

But Obama is making Carter look good, if that is possible.

Jimmy Carter never destroyed Chysler and GM.
Obama is the worst thing the US economy ever saw.

It's not an economy now, it's just a steady loss of jobs.
A very dependable loss of jobs. Is this the change Obama voters
asked for?

Mr. Sharman - Ron Regan had to fix the Billy Carter mess.
Billy Carter, huh?

Lemme guess.....you're not a History Major, are you?

Obama is the worst thing the US economy ever saw.
Yeah.....that's what (other) paranoids said, about Bill Clinton:​

"The tax increase willlead to a recessionand will actually increase the deficit." — Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)​
Unfortunately, for Republicans, they're wrooonnnng, again...

:p

Yes Jimmy the peanut man, my bad.

But if you study history you see how bad Carter was
as a president.

Still we will see 20% unemployment under Obama, so he is even worse.

Obama has promised 10% unemployment this year, but obviously he isn't
telling the truth. He will deliver far greater job lossses.

Yes Jimmy the peanut man, my bad.

But if you study history you see how bad Carter was
as a president.
Yeah....whatta shame he wasn't The Prophet that Lil' Dumbya was.

"Jimmy Carter served as president of the United States from 1977-1981, and his administration's domestic achievements included a comprehensive energy program conducted by a new Department of Energyhttp://www.udel.edu/PR/UpDate/93/17/15.html; deregulation in energy, transportation, communications and finance; major new educational programs under a new Department of Education; and major environmental protection legislation, including the Alaska Lands Act. His foreign policy accomplishments included the Panama Canal treaties, the Camp David Accords, the SALT II treaty with the Soviet Union and the establishment of U.S. diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China."​

April 18, 1977

“With the exception of preventing war, this is the greatest challenge our country will face during our lifetimes. It is a problem we will not solve in the next few years, and it is likely to get progressively worse through the rest of this century. We must not be selfish or timid if we hope to have a decent world for our children and grandchildren. We simply must balance our demand for energy with our rapidly shrinking resources. By acting now, we can control our future instead of letting the future control us…The most important thing about these proposals is that the alternative may be a national catastrophe. Further delay can affect our strength and our power as a nation. This is the ‘moral equivalent of war — except that we will be uniting our efforts to build and not destroy. We can be sure that all the special interest groups in the country will attack the part of this plan that affects them directly. They will say that sacrifice is fine, as long as other people do it, but that their sacrifice is unreasonable, or unfair, or harmful to the country. If they succeed, then the burden on the ordinary citizen, who is not organized into an interest group, would be crushing. There should be only one test for this program: whether it will help our country.”​

What else ya' got, Skippy?

7 out of 8 years under bush produced the finest economy the US has ever seen.

The last year was bad, but then the democrats came into power and it is
no coincidence that they let Fannie Mae go corrupt and ruin things.

Obama needs to seek Geaorge Bush for economic advice.

Bush can run an economy well, Obama can't.

Mr. Obama swallow your pride and ask Bush for help.

I'm certain he will help you greatly.

Why don't y'all take a break from that bickering and go study this one produced by our own government:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/Current/z1.pdf

It's a Federal Reserve Statistical Release for the Flow of Funds Accounts of the United States. The bad news is absolutely staggering but you... uhh... have to know how to read it, of course. It clearly demonstrates that the credit market shutdown has accelerated in Q1/09.

And that's just a small part of the bad news... look into Asset-Backed Securities, Trade Credit, GSEs...

"Construction of new U.S. homes rose in June to the highest level in seven months, a sign builders are starting to regain confidence as they emerge from the housing bust.

The Commerce Department said Friday that construction of new homes and apartments jumped 3.6 percent last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 582,000 units, from an upwardly revised rate of 562,000 in May.

That was better than the 530,000-unit pace economists expected, and the second straight increase after April's record low of 479,000 units.

In another encouraging sign, applications for building permits, seen as a good indicator of future activity, rose 8.7 percent in June to an annual rate of 563,000 units. Economists polled by Thomson Reuters expected an annual rate of 520,000 units."

PLEASE, Republicans.....no more BUSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know... if it weren't going to be so tragic, it'd be rich...

Let's wait until third quarter (Q3) results start pouring out in October, shall we?

Werbung:
House sales are strongest in spring and summer, so don't be deceived.
If you compare the June numbers to Last June's housings
starts, the numbers are down 45%.
revised estimate of 454000, but is 45.2 percent (±5.8%) below the May 2008 rate of 971000.

Oops, my bad for telling
some straight truth here. Hey I ain't the Obama
media, I actually try to tell the truth. Hey media, ya can't fool
all of us, like you fool Mr. SHarman.

These bad housing start numbers are called CHANGE!

Back