Parliament shooting: Police officer 'stabbed'

The Scotsman

A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London, in what police are treating as a terrorist incident.

Commons Leader David Lidington told MPs the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police".

There are also reports of as many as five people being "mowed down" on nearby Westminster Bridge.

MPs said they had heard three or four gunshots. A Downing Street source said Prime Minister Theresa May was "OK".

Prime Minister Theresa May was seen being ushered into a silver Jaguar car as what sounded like gunfire rang out at Parliament during the incident.

Staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices.

Tom Peck, political editor for the Independent, tweeted: "There was a loud bang. Screams. Commotion. Then the sound of gunshots. Armed police everywhere."

Werbung:
At least one police officer is dead. Several persons injured, amoungst them are french students visiting London.

Currently police is still searching the Palace of Westminster as they fear one suspect is still there.

Statement from the Muslim Council of Britain:
"We are shocked and saddened by the incident at Westminster. We condemn this attack and while it is still too early to speculate on the motives, our thoughts and prayers are for the victims and those affected. We pay tribute too to the police and emergency services who handled this with bravery. The Palace of Westminster is the centre of our democracy and we must all ensure that it continues to serve our country and its people with safety and security."

So sad! It is horrible news for everyone, because in addition to taking the life and maiming so many people, this act of terror will reinforce the anti-Muslim sentiment and the still unwarranted fear among people of all nations.

What happened is horrible, and still I hope that reasonable people will remember that they STILL take many times more risk of dying or being hurt just getting into their car and driving to work than to be the victim of such horrendous attacks.

If people succumb to the fear mongering, the extremists of all "flavours" have won. I will not let them win.

So sad! It is horrible news for everyone, because in addition to taking the life and maiming so many people, this act of terror will reinforce the anti-Muslim sentiment and the still unwarranted fear among people of all nations.

What happened is horrible, and still I hope that reasonable people will remember that they STILL take many times more risk of dying or being hurt just getting into their car and driving to work than to be the victim of such horrendous attacks.

If people succumb to the fear mongering, the extremists of all "flavours" have won. I will not let them win.
Nearly all car wrecks are accidents.
All Jihad attacks are intentional and demanded by their scripture.
Let's not pretend this is not significant.

THese are all copy cat attacks. Trucks were used in Berlin and Nice. Cars were used in Melbourne and now London. Any vehicle can be used to knock down people.
But should we ban all cars from city streets. This will give victory to the terrorists and criminals. Bollards or barriers at key location would be better.
In the end only better education of would be terrorists can work

Attachments

• barricades.JPG
    barricades.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 2
Had to sit and listen to the Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London speaking yesterday telling us all that London was a safe City and that we will all stand together and never be cowed by and how we will defeat terrorism and how all communities live and thrive together...

...not one mention of this being Islamic terrorism.
I'm depressed by the bland rhetoric.
I'm bored by this kum by yah view of Britain.
Screw the religion of peace.

Last edited:
Had to sit and listen to the Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London speaking yesterday telling us all that London was a safe City and that we will all stand together and never be cowed by and how we will defeat terrorism and how all communities live and thrive together...

...not one mention of this being Islamic terrorism.
I'm depressed by the bland rhetoric.
I'm bored by this kum by yah view of Britain.
Screw the religion of peace.
Religion of peace needs to come to terms with that side of itself. Yes most individuals condem this stuff yet it goes on and on while they pretend there is nothing they can do about it.

As I said elsewhere driving into crowds is not confine to Muslims. Banning Muslims will not stop it.

As I said elsewhere driving into crowds is not confine to Muslims. Banning Muslims will not stop it.
Old people do it and it's an accident. Who else does it intentionally?
Don't have to ban Muslims, just make sure that the people you grant visas to do not intend you harm.

Werbung:
Old people do it and it's an accident. Who else does it intentionally?
Don't have to ban Muslims, just make sure that the people you grant visas to do not intend you harm.
Good idea, but in this case, the perp was a native born Brit. A visa was not involved.

Back