Police chief to call for all drugs to be legalised

Yeah, but I think those who punt heroin to kids outside schools deserve some kind of punishment, don't you?

Werbung:
Stopped smoking pot about three years ago, shortly after coming back into the church. Smoked pot for over thirty years. Learned a few things about drug enforcement and exactly who it is who actually sells pot.

The newspapers lie to you. The police lie to you. The courts and the drug education system lies to you. There is no informed public debate taking place in this country about drugs and there hasn't been in over 40 years.

I was never arrested for drugs and held a high paying job for the thirty years that I smoked. I'm currently retired and living a modest but comfortable lifestyle. This isn't sour grapes.

It's my experience that about 1% of the drug dealers sell 99% of the drugs. 100% of the people going to prison for drug dealing come from among the 99% of drug dealers selling 1% of the drugs. Early on, the police offered me one of these politically protected drug dealing positions. All I had to do was be perfectly honest with the police about how much I sold, when, where, to whom, and for how much. I declined.

It's obvious to me that the drug problem will only be "solved" when we begin dealing with it in truth. That of course, would take an act of God. But I repeat myself.

Yes really. Deep cover confidential informant is really just another way of saying politically protected drug dealer. Undercover police is just another way of saying secret police.

The root of the drug problem is corruption. Not corruption in Mexico, Columbia, or Afganistan, but corruption right here at home. Corruption hides in the dark. It will take the light of truth and a whole lot of forgiveness to ever clear up the problem. The politic demands that undercover sources and methods be hidden. It is these hidden sources and methods that allow the problem to thrive.

Consider the word police. It has the same root as politic. Virtually our whole society is under the mistaken impression that the police enforce the law, when what they really do is enforce the politic. And quite frankly, it is a corrupt politic.

Since we cannot stop illegal drugs from coming into the United States, how can we stop illegal immigrants or terrorists? Everybody is passing the buck and I might add the buck is counterfeit.

Prisons were made to imprison really bad people. A lot of first time prisoners did not go in really bad but came out REALLY bad due to being around other really bad people. Hence, they are repeat offenders, getting worse and worse. No solutions to the problem has been made. Only added problems. Is there anybody out there with common sense to look at all these problems? Our present system ain't working sports fans!

His idea is noble and unorthodox. It's like he's applying reverse psychology that the more we prohibit the use of, in this case, heroine, the more people will be using it and if we actually let them by legalizing it, then people might think twice. Bottom line,drug abuse needs to be stopped.

His idea is noble and unorthodox. It's like he's applying reverse psychology that the more we prohibit the use of, in this case, heroine, the more people will be using it and if we actually let them by legalizing it, then people might think twice. Bottom line,drug abuse needs to be stopped.

ROFLMAO!!! The funny thing is that anyone i their right mind thinks they will stop drug trafficing ever... The fact is ... there is money to be made from Drug trafficing... and no matter how you slice.. when people see green.. they do anything and everything to get it.. hence why you have people recruiting little old ladies to shove latexed kilos of cocaine in there arses to cross customs.

The amount of people in jail with marijuana related crimes is astounding.. just legalizing marijuana BY ITSELF would eliminate huge jail populations and also comepletely shatter the economy of the blackmarket because people can grow it at home... Also when have you EVER heard of a PoT related death.. really .. ever in your whole life ? its impossible to overdose and most people who use pot. The only deaths related to pot are those who are pushing it thru turf wars. which would be eliminated if it was legalized.

Literally all arguments fall by the way side considering this logic when it comes to marijuana. why truth be told the other drugs out there could pose a much larger argument for keeping a ban on them... I pose this thought to you..

if by any possiblity there is truth is the ablitiy to lower orgnaized crime thru legalization.. shouldn't that option be on the table? people are going to get the drugs they want regardless of the system in place to prevent them from it... Its evident in walking into any crumy neighbhorhood in america. All you do is simply invite criminals to do the work normal citizens would have done form themselves. BTW you would reduce government.. increase the economy (( because you could legalize it and allow corprations to produce it , which would inturn provide the government with money thru corprate taxes.))

Werbung:
An Interesting subject.

Too bad the public at large react so badly to the idea of such a move; knee jerk reactions almost always mean really constructive, probable solutions are dismissed.

When discussing the legalization of drugs with colleagues, they always argue that the costs of such a system to the public purse would be astronomical, that we would be encouraging our young people to take drugs, that we would somehow be condoning 'criminal activity'.

I totally agree with the poster who stated that criminalizing drug users is a mistake by the way.

The cost to the public purse would actually be far less than the cost of mechanisms currently in place, which are obviously have not worked in the past and are still not working? One only has to look at any set of stats anywhere in the world (apart from the Netherlands and a small minority of other countries) to deduce this.

The cost of the war on drugs in the US so far this year; your own money by way of taxes, has been nearly thirty four billion dollars.

I am not sure if this even includes the actual costs to the public purse for drug related crime, or the cost of incarcerating drug abusers who resort to crime to fund their 'fix'.

If a user was able to collect his/her fix, free of any charge, via a safe, controlled environment, such as a pharmacy for example; which option would the user take I ask myself. The Pharmacy, or the dealer along with all associated cost and risk to person?

Once you have them using said safe, controlled environment, not only do you wipe out possibly 85% of drug related crime, but also, you have access to them, enabling medical authorities to wean them off over a period of time. Not all of course, that is not realistic, but enough to make a huge difference.

The massive costs to the public purse regarding medical care for addicts would also be hugely reduced, as not only would the drug source be controlled, but so would all drug paraphernalia associated with drug taking. The incidences of AIDS, Hepatitis, infection etc. etc, all huge strains on the public purse would be all but eliminated.

Most class A drug users started, their spiral downward by using soft drugs. This in itself is not necessarily a huge danger to be completely honest; the real danger lies within the association, the company one keeps so to speak, when using and accessing drugs. This environment would also be removed, lessening exposure to harder and harder drugs.

Many of our young people ‘try’ drugs because it is illegal, just as they try smoking, because they are not ‘allowed’. There is an element of risk there, which appeals to a percentage of young people at a certain age; curiosity, danger from the drug and danger from authority if found out/caught (including parents). If legal, perhaps the majority of young, vulnerable people would not find it quite so exciting to ‘try’?

Back