PRCalif State Assy passes ban on openly carrying gun, even if unloaded

Little-Acorn

Looks like the State of California thinks it's a good idea to further disarm the people who obey the law. Criminals will ignore the measure as usual, and continue to carry their guns wherever they feel like it.

I feel safer already.

P.S. If this becomes law, it will NOT be a violation of the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution. That law says, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, except in California as the legislature thereof shall designate."

-----------------------------------

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15204466

Calif. advances bill to ban carrying unloaded guns

By CATHY BUSSEWITZ Associated Press Writer
Posted: 06/01/2010 02:15:18 PM PDT
Updated: 06/01/2010 02:59:54 PM PDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—Citing safety concerns, the California Assembly passed a bill Tuesday that would make it illegal to openly carry a gun in public, even if it is unloaded. The bill would make it a misdemeanor to carry an exposed handgun on any public street or in a public place. The bill passed on a 41-25 party-line vote and now moves to the Senate.

Under current California law, gun owners can carry a rifle or handgun in a holster in public if it is unloaded.

Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, D-San Diego, who introduced the bill, said guns carried in public, even when not loaded, cause a public safety concern in part because gun owners can carry ammunition.

Supporters said police officers called to a scene where a gun was displayed have to treat the situation as a threat, because they can't immediately tell whether or not a weapon is loaded.

"How is a police officer supposed to know?" asked Sandre Swanson, D-Oakland. "Why would we put our men and women who protect us and provide security for our community in danger to make that split second decision?"

But opponents said bill AB1934 would chip away at the public's right to bear arms and protest peacefully.

"This is a backhanded, even acute way, of implementing gun control," said Assemblyman Jim Nielsen, R-Biggs. "I assure you that criminals don't worry about this. They have the guns, and they know how to conceal them, how to use them."

"You are making it official that gang members can carry weapons," Assemblyman Kevin De Leon, D-Los Angeles said to colleagues who would vote against the measure.

Werbung:
There you go again lumping extremist in with normal people. Rational arguments and comments are necessary parts of an intelligent debate.

So right Coach, but you won't get rational from the irrational.

Libs are completely irrational when it comes to guns, Walmart, welfare, war (except when a D is in office), Wall Street, Bush, American history, taxes, talk radio, Fox News, the environment, global warming...and so many other things, but you get my point...

Hey Libs, why do you hate Walmart? Can you please explain?

I am sure the Militia will be disheartened
thumbsup.gif

Why the hell would anyone want to carry an unloaded gun around? What's the point? Citizens already have the right to get a concealed carry permit, and carry it around loaded. Why does the gun have to be in sight?

The reasoning behind the ban is that a cop, seeing a gun, has only a split second to decide whether or not that gun is a threat and take appropriate action. If some idiot has an weapon in view during a tense encounter, he is likely to get himself shot by the cops, whether he was a threat or not.

Come to think of it, maybe this is a bad law. Let the idiots carry guns in sight and get themselves shot. That way, there will be fewer idiots.

I am sure the Militia will be disheartened

LOL!:D

Is it as amazing to you as it is to me that seemingly normal people (well maybe not... but I digress:rolleyes:) see & hear the thousands of stories all the time about friends and acquaintances and lovers and drinking buddies that get into slobbering mad fist fights over the most stupid trifling BS all the time.

There solution...

ARM THEM TO THE TEETH WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS!:eek:

Is it as amazing to you as it is to me that seemingly normal people (well maybe not... but I digress:rolleyes:) see & hear the thousands of stories all the time about friends and acquaintances and lovers and drinking buddies that get into slobbering mad fist fights over the most stupid trifling BS all the time.

There solution...

At least we would be giving natural selection a little helping hand.

There solution...

At least we would be giving natural selection a little helping hand.

Great idea...

gunpointing.gif

There you go again lumping extremist in with normal people. Rational arguments and comments are necessary parts of an intelligent debate.

go play in the sandbox little one...You can't even grasp what Militia I am talking about.

Fact is I don't care about right wing nuts and there making up for something they lack down there and there need for firearms at all times...Becuse they are pathetic paranoid Wimps who the very idea of going to the bar and not being armed "to protect themself" .

Odd how I seem to go day in and day out, unarmed, no gun...and yes somehow have found a way to not get shot , shot at, or anything...I don't even fear it...

But if you kids need to feel powerful, have at it...

wait I forgot, your going to fight the Army with your guns if the Government turns on us..lol

Why the hell would anyone want to carry an unloaded gun around? What's the point? Citizens already have the right to get a concealed carry permit, and carry it around loaded. Why does the gun have to be in sight?

The reasoning behind the ban is that a cop, seeing a gun, has only a split second to decide whether or not that gun is a threat and take appropriate action. If some idiot has an weapon in view during a tense encounter, he is likely to get himself shot by the cops, whether he was a threat or not.

Come to think of it, maybe this is a bad law. Let the idiots carry guns in sight and get themselves shot. That way, there will be fewer idiots.

well they need it so they can walk around where the Secret Service is, and see if they can get famous.....Splat

go play in the sandbox little one...You can't even grasp what Militia I am talking about.

Fact is I don't care about right wing nuts and there making up for something they lack down there and there need for firearms at all times...Becuse they are pathetic paranoid Wimps who the very idea of going to the bar and not being armed "to protect themself" .

Odd how I seem to go day in and day out, unarmed, no gun...and yes somehow have found a way to not get shot , shot at, or anything...I don't even fear it...

But if you kids need to feel powerful, have at it...

wait I forgot, your going to fight the Army with your guns if the Government turns on us..lol

Geez pockets apparently you not only know nothing about Afghan, but also know nothing about your own country...assuming you are an American.

You need a history lesson, but somehow I don't think it will take. But, here goes...

Back in the late 18th century a bunch of farmers got together and whipped the worlds greatest military power at the time. It was called the American Revolution. And, when the leaders of the revolution got together and wrote a Constitution the second most important right they protected from government tyranny was the right to keep and bear arms.​

Now, I know you think those old white guys who won the revolution and wrote the constitution are nothing but a bunch of white dumb conservative crackers. But, like your idol BO likes to say, try to keep an open mind.

I would find it hard to think of a reason to feel the need to have fire arms in the house or on my person. Can't see the point really....

Well I have many reasons, but you are entitled to live as you wish. Just don't try to force me to live the way you do. You know, like American liberals are always trying to force their kooky views on everybody else. They are most intolerant.

Werbung:
Why the hell would anyone want to carry an unloaded gun around? What's the point?
You'll have to ask the people who insisted that the guns be carried unloaded: Hysterical Democrat legislators. No one else thought it was a good idea.

Let the idiots carry guns in sight and get themselves shot. That way, there will be fewer idiots.
I wish that were true. But the idiots in question, make their laws for other people, never for themselves. Or to be more precise, never for their personal bodyguards, who are invariably armed.

Back