Private option?

And what happens when they cannot afford to look after themselves? My mother’s last job before lupus forced her into medical retirement and on to SSI disability and Medicare was as the comptroller for a local private country club. She personally knows some of the richest men in town and she knows several who were diagnosed with un-treatable cancers by local doctors and were literally told to go home and wait to die. But because these men had the financial wherewithal to travel the world in search of cancer treatments that are not locally available their cancers were cured.

Docs do pro-bono work all the time for the needy and the facilities do the same in conjunction. Some reason you could not help out your own mother ?

This is basically the problem. Why do you expect there to be a government bailout be it your mother, BofA or Chrysler ??

Werbung:
Docs do pro-bono work all the time for the needy and the facilities do the same in conjunction.

And people still have to have government help paying their medical bills. Private charity is not enough.

Some reason you could not help out your own mother ?

You mean other than the fact that she has over $160,000 in medical bills after spending 8 months in the hospital because of a perforated colon- and the fact that I have congestive heart failure due to a leaky aortic valve? I used to work as a private school teacher and private tutor. But I am an only child and all of my mother's family is dead. So I am her only caregiver and there are days that she is bedridden and cannot be left alone. So what do you expect me to do, you self-sanctimonious jackass?

This is basically the problem. Why do you expect there to be a government bailout be it your mother, BofA or Chrysler ??

Go to Hell.

Have the Democrats even bothered to consider ways to energize private philanthropy for healthcare?
T.R. Reid is suggesting we'll more-than-likely see Colorado or California do the Saskatchewan-thing....proving how it can be done on a state-wide basis....after which the (entire) U.S. would CLAMOR for it!!!

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png

We used to have at least 8 different hospitals here, but there have been so many mergers and closures that we are down to just 5.
The same thing's happened in my home-town; each facility specializing in different kinds of care. That way, there's an elimination of a duplication, of apparatus; i.e. imaging-machines, etc.​

The same thing's happened in my home-town; each facility specializing in different kinds of care. That way, there's an elimination of a duplication, of apparatus; i.e. imaging-machines, etc.​

Actually, when we had the 8 hospitals they were all pretty much general hospitals. The only specialty hospitals we had were for drug addicts and mental patients. We do have one hospital that says it is best for cancer treatment and other that says the same thing about heart surgery, but all 5 of the hospitals we now have pretty much do everything. And by advertising both "specialty" hosptitals drive up the cost for their services. In this regard competition can actually make healthcare more expensive.

and why did it become difficult ?

because the costs began to spirial up.

and why ?

becuase the government forced insurance upon us by implementing wage controls and then decided to get into the medical biz itself.
You've gotta spend a little-more-time listening to people who (actually) KNOW what they're talkin'-about.

"...government forced insurance upon us..."??????

:confused:

What were you smokin'/drinkin' when you made-up THAT crap??

:rolleyes:

Can you read....or, are you a FAUX Noise fan?​

I suspect I'd see people take more responsibility to manage their own health if they knew that there was no sugar daddy to bail them out.

I suspect I'd see people taking an active role and not "die waiting".

I watched my Canadian friend "die waiting" for her government healthcare to get around to permitting the catscan required to verify the aggressive brain tumor she had which allowed it to become inoperable.
B.S.

We do have one hospital that says it is best for cancer treatment and other that says the same thing about heart surgery, but all 5 of the hospitals we now have pretty much do everything.
....And, a duplication of resources/facilities....not (exactly) beneficial to the bottom-line.

I think that this points out a larger problem in our society and political system. We've lost the ability to work collaboratively. Everything either has to be one way or the other. We need to be more tolerant and cooperative in solving problems, instead of everyone worrying about being right.
Yeah....that's The Problem.

....And, a duplication of resources/facilities....not (exactly) beneficial to the bottom-line.

But isn't free market, dog-eat-dog competition, supposed to lower consumer prices? Why doesn't it work for healthcare?

Or, are there certain industries that shouldn’t be driven by the profit margin?

But isn't free market, dog-eat-dog competition, supposed to lower consumer prices? Why doesn't it work for healthcare?

Or, are there certain industries that shouldn’t be driven by the profit margin?

You really haven't been paying attention to this problem have you...the Insurance Health Care Industry was given special provision back in the 40's so that they didn't have to be competitive to anyone and were allowed to be a huge monopoly unto each other..."PRICE GOUGING/PRICE FIXING" at it's finest ;)

And hopefully this will be the next thing that the current elected officials take on and change...Just as KING RONNIE REAGAN took on the unions during his reign and was considered the 'MONOPOLY' buster {see what he did to AT&T & Air Traffic Controllers Union} :)

Werbung:
Back