PROOF that Libs lied about Fannie and Freddy

Mr. Carpenter

The conservatives in Congress warned everyone, tried to get it fixed, but the libs were not only not having any of it, they either lied, or proved that they were entirely too stupid to be in Congress in the first place.

Werbung:
If you liked that one, you'll just LOVE this one!

This one is really good too

I wish they did not make it presidential political politics. Just the facts alone were compelling. and I really really really wish they didnt do that class warefare stuff like so and so has a big house, do you? they did that a few times and I hate class warefair.

but other than that its great, fast pace good music and great info :)

thanks again!!!

I take it all back. This is exactly the crap I expect from liberals. Where are you top gun? Where are you Dawkins? Where are you liberals? You defend this crap! Tell me how the democrats were looking out for the good of the public! Show me why you support this!

Unbelievable.

WHAT?! Franklin Raines... says "These loans are so 'RISK LESS' the capital to hold them should be less than 2%"...

RISK LESS?! You democrats obama supporters what this guy to be your economic advisor?!? Good heavens! The company went bust on loans that the Obama's economic advisor considers 'RISK LESS'!!! Every single thinking democrat in existence should be voting for McCain now!

I take it all back. This is exactly the crap I expect from liberals. Where are you top gun? Where are you Dawkins? Where are you liberals? You defend this crap! Tell me how the democrats were looking out for the good of the public! Show me why you support this!

Unbelievable.

Last week my boss (flaming lib) and I were arguing about this, he said I should be supporting democrats because republicans fought against regulation. I had sent him some info on this stuff before he said this. I just sort of looked dumbfounded. This is a very educated man, and a very very nice man but he buys the lies too. I don’t think there is anything you could say or do that would change their minds. I really don’t understand it.

I don’t understand it when people stand by their "guys" right or wrong, defend them right or wrong.

In our state R Senator Gordon Smith is up for re-election. I do not see how I can vote for him, he is such a rino. But I have never heard of a Dem who would vote against their guy if their guy under performed. And no Dem will go against the Dem party on this no matter what proof you have.

Last week my boss (flaming lib) and I were arguing about this, he said I should be supporting democrats because republicans fought against regulation. I had sent him some info on this stuff before he said this. I just sort of looked dumbfounded. This is a very educated man, and a very very nice man but he buys the lies too. I don’t think there is anything you could say or do that would change their minds. I really don’t understand it.

Actually, in some insane way, that does make sense. Generally speaking, republicans do not support regulations. Generally speaking democrats do support regulations.

The problem here is that most people don't understand that it all depends on WHO we are regulating.

Democrats NEVER want to regulate the spending of public funds. For example, the Senate has a "Pay-Go" rule. This rule regulates government spending. It say's the if you pass a spending bill, you can only pass it if you can "pay" for it as you "go". If the money isn't there, you can't spend it.

Yet the democrats have ignored this rule constantly, and with such massive spending pork bills as the Farm Subsidies, always spending way more than they can pay for.

Similarly, they have no problem with Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac blowing tax payer money without any regulations.

Alternatively, they have no problem regulating GM or Walmart who provide jobs.

This is because they don't want any restrictions on what they can do, only what we the public can do. You heard it yourself in the video. The exact same rules they apply to all privately run banks, didn't apply to the government sponsored companies Fannie and Freddy.

Republicans are the very reverse. This is because most... not all, but many understand that taxes money is OUR money, and they have responsibility to steward it correctly. Similarly, a private corporations money, is not their money, and they don't have the right to control it.

This is the great dividing line in our political ideals. The liberals believe it is about them. That we exist to supply them with funds. And that they can do whatever they please with 'their' funds as they wish, but we can not. Do as I say and not as I do.

Conservatives see government as required evil, that should be given as little as possible because it's our money, not theirs. And they should be controlled and regulated, not us.

Actually, in some insane way, that does make sense. Generally speaking, republicans do not support regulations. Generally speaking democrats do support regulations.

The problem here is that most people don't understand that it all depends on WHO we are regulating.

Democrats NEVER want to regulate the spending of public funds. For example, the Senate has a "Pay-Go" rule. This rule regulates government spending. It say's the if you pass a spending bill, you can only pass it if you can "pay" for it as you "go". If the money isn't there, you can't spend it.

Yet the democrats have ignored this rule constantly, and with such massive spending pork bills as the Farm Subsidies, always spending way more than they can pay for.

Similarly, they have no problem with Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac blowing tax payer money without any regulations.

Alternatively, they have no problem regulating GM or Walmart who provide jobs.

This is because they don't want any restrictions on what they can do, only what we the public can do. You heard it yourself in the video. The exact same rules they apply to all privately run banks, didn't apply to the government sponsored companies Fannie and Freddy.

Republicans are the very reverse. This is because most... not all, but many understand that taxes money is OUR money, and they have responsibility to steward it correctly. Similarly, a private corporations money, is not their money, and they don't have the right to control it.

This is the great dividing line in our political ideals. The liberals believe it is about them. That we exist to supply them with funds. And that they can do whatever they please with 'their' funds as they wish, but we can not. Do as I say and not as I do.

Conservatives see government as required evil, that should be given as little as possible because it's our money, not theirs. And they should be controlled and regulated, not us.

Thank you for explaining it, I think I understand where he is coming from now.

I still wont agree though :)

Why do their brains work that way, we should do a study

Well, since no Liberal on the board has the balls or stomach to put up a counter-argument I will do so for the sake of debate.

So bear with me because I personally do not buy into this argument, but here it is:

1) Yes, Republicans were pointing out problems with oversight and government regulation regarding Fannie/Freddie before this meltdown.

2) This however glosses over the bigger problem that these two companies alone are not responsible for the meltdown.

Fannie and Freddie certainly followed the market into higher risk loans, but were stopped from going full-bore into the subprime paper business by their charter and conforming loan limits. They were allowed, by the Government, to keep less capital on hand to offset risk. And they were woefully under supervised by their government regulators. And they (acting like an investment fund) acquired lots of private label MBS’ backed by toxic mortgages.

3) While Republicans were attacking Fannie/Freddie, the housing bubble was being pushed to the limits by other banks, that would have maintained and burst the bubble, even if Fannie and Freddie did not exists.

4) This crisis could have been avoided if regulation was placed on outside investment banks as much as it was placed on Fannie/Freddie, to prevent them from getting to heavily involved in the sub-prime debacle.

5) In 1999, Congress passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which abolished “all of the significant rules put in place at the time of the Great Depression designed to prevent a repeat.” Specifically, this act “destroyed the Depression-era barrier to the merger of stockbrokers, banks and insurance companies.”

It was this deregulation that spiraled "predatory" lending practices by de-regulated banks, who felt secure knowing that they could package these loans together and sell them off to government backed Fannie/Freddie.

As I said, I don't buy this argument, but since none of the libs here want to give a shot, for the sake of debate, here it is.

Thank you for explaining it, I think I understand where he is coming from now.

I still wont agree though :)

Why do their brains work that way, we should do a study

There are some things I'd rather... not know. Like men and women. I just try and enjoy the differences of women, rather than try and explain it.

Or in the case of liberals, I just try and mitigate the differences. lol

Werbung:
Back