1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Republican candidates in Wa. state running away from party label

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Popeye, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Republican gubernatorial challenger in Wa. state Dino Rossi will not be listed on the ballot as a Republican. Instead, he will be listed as a member of the "GOP party." Rossi not exactly listed as a Republican

He's not alone, Republican candidates in my home state are refusing to put the Republican party identification after their names. Anyway Faux News has even gotten into the act and commented on it:

2. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Washington state is appeaser lib ecofascist heaven. (It's a disgrace that such a place should be named after George Washington.) RINOs need to be drummed out of the party - if such people can call themselves republican, then "republican" means nothing.

3. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Yeah sure. Since you choose to hide your location I can only assume you live in redneck heaven...where ignorant neanderthals and bigots hold sway.

I'm proud to live in a state that hasn't voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1984. What you would call a RINO is the only kind of Republican that has a chance to win elected office here.

4. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    I don't list my state, but I have made it clear in posts its Minnesota....The only Blue state in Reagan's Near Sweep. Our republicans while often wrong, are at least tolerable next to the ones in the South.