Since the Debt doesn't matter...

GenSeneca;80821]Its really a shame that you still think this is a game of partisan hackery...

We had debt long before Dick Cheney became VP.

Dude! It's you who brought this up as a TERRIBLE thing. I merely point out there was no greater supporter of the exact thing you're whining about than your best friend & buddy REPUBLICAN DICK CHENEY!!!!!

That's just a fact... you didn't do your research and you stepped in it. It happens. Sometimes you're trying to run so fast to carry water for the Pubbies you trip.:)

Werbung:
Dude! It's you who brought this up as a TERRIBLE thing. I merely point out there was no greater supporter of the exact thing you're whining about than your best friend & buddy REPUBLICAN DICK CHENEY!!!!!

That's just a fact... you didn't do your research and you stepped in it. It happens. Sometimes you're trying to run so fast to carry water for the Pubbies you trip.:)

Now you just look silly... I've never once offered any kind of support for Dick Cheney, I've never supported deficit spending, never met Cheney and we're certainly not friends... but based on his policy of the debt not mattering... He could be BFF with your messiah.

You still think this is a partisan game where you try to score points by cheerleading for the Democrats and I'm supposed to "carry water" for the Republicans... Not gonna happen. Play your childrens games, fiddle while Rome burns, that's what partisan hacks do best.

Republicans and Democrats, ABANDONED fiscal responsibility decades ago, along with the founding principles of our country and neither one adheres to our constitution...

I can no longer support either party, they are both taking us over the same cliff while pointing indignant fingers of blame at the other, and its hack like you that perpetuate the crime.

I

We're in a bus, heading toward a cliff... and everyone thinks if we just shift into high gear, put the peddle to the floor, and have "Hope", the bus will magically fly - rather than crash when we go over the edge.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Jefferson

I like you bus analogy. It is like we are all on a bus and the democrats and republicans are spending all of our money debating whether or not the bus should be front wheel drive or rear wheel drive. They don't really care as long as they get to collect the fares. But we are still heading toward a cliff and need to put the bus in reverse.

I left the quote just because I didn't want to delete it.

Now you just look silly... I've never once offered any kind of support for Dick Cheney..

YOU LOVE DICK! Just admit it. Conservatives love Dick.:D

Dick is leaving town with Bush in disgrace. That's just a fact. Tossed out like a used Kleenex.

Now we could just keep pulling A Bush or McCain and just keep lying saying... THE FUNDAMENTALS OF OUR ECONOMY ARE STRONG! But I kinda think that cat's out of the bag don't you!:D

All I said was don't even try to whine about anyone else when your team created the biggest government of all times and ran up the biggest debt and deficits of all times.

Because... That dog won't hunt!

YOU LOVE DICK! Just admit it. Conservatives love Dick.:D

Get this through your thick, thick head: Republicans are not my team and Cheney is no conservative. (Hey Bunz, where are you now? Here's another person blaming conservatives, perhaps you can point out to Top Gun that Cheney is no conservative and there haven't been Conservatives in positions of power for decades)

You've been brainwashed. Anyone with the slightest criticism for Democrats you automatically assume they are Republican cheerleaders and appologists... and its because you are a Democrat cheerleader and appologist.

You can't possibly be so mentally challenged to have missed my repeated statements about having contempt for both parties, then again... maybe you are. If you want to bash Republicans, go for it, chances are I'll agree but I won't let you get away with blaming Conservatives for Republican messes when they haven't had power in the party and I won't let you get away with wrongly, very wrongly, claiming that Democrats are any better than the Republicans.

I like you bus analogy. It is like we are all on a bus and the democrats and republicans are spending all of our money debating whether or not the bus should be front wheel drive or rear wheel drive. They don't really care as long as they get to collect the fares. But we are still heading toward a cliff and need to put the bus in reverse.
Something like that......

bush-keys.jpg

GenSeneca;81324]Get this through your thick, thick head: Republicans are not my team and Cheney is no conservative. (Hey Bunz, where are you now? Here's another person blaming conservatives, perhaps you can point out to Top Gun that Cheney is no conservative and there haven't been Conservatives in positions of power for decades)

Give us any Forest Gump reasoning you like the truth is this. You have been a major water boy for just about anything Pubbie over Democrat. You consistently cried that Bush was being treated badly and how if the Democrats won you'd be the first to start in on them as pay back!

And now you are sooooo broken down by not one but two major defeats in a row that you're playing the... Oh the Pubbies just weren't Conservative enough... Oh if they were just somehow more Radical Right they'd of done great! You're not the only one. Seems this is the ointment of the day for the severely beaten.

But it's all BS! The glaring truth is that the country is moving AWAY from Radical Right tactics looking for a more moderate approach to government. So if you want to say Dick just wasn't Conservative enough fine... that means the country is moving away from even centrist Republicans.

Makes no difference to me. But it is always amusing when people on the Far Right or Far Left try and play the know it all game after they've had their hat handed to them. Gen ultra Conservative policy would be every bit as much a bust as Al Sharpton ultra Liberal policy would be.

It's time to find middle ground and patch a few things up instead of just throwing hail Mary's Right & Left.

You've been brainwashed. Anyone with the slightest criticism for Democrats you automatically assume they are Republican cheerleaders and appologists... and its because you are a Democrat cheerleader and appologist.

Not at all. What I am is someone who simply does not like Far Right ultra Conservatives (read that Limbaugh, Savage, Beck & Coulter types). They like to play the loud mouth bully roll and I don't care much for bullies. They tend to be big on war and small on Civil Rights, women's rights and looking out for America's elderly.

You guys brought this on yourselves. I used to be the epitome of an Independent. And even after I started voting pretty consistently Democratic I still was one of those that thought... it will all work out in the long run, try to just take the high road.

But that all changed after the Republican witch hunts into President Clinton's personal life and then the just absolutely despicable "Swift Boat" attacks on a highly decorated in theater military fighter & officer Senator John Kerry.

So I said hell with this it's time Progessives sack up and fight back! Sometimes things get so bad you have to go balls in and start smaking people back.

You can't possibly be so mentally challenged to have missed my repeated statements about having contempt for both parties, then again... maybe you are. If you want to bash Republicans, go for it, chances are I'll agree but I won't let you get away with blaming Conservatives for Republican messes when they haven't had power in the party and I won't let you get away with wrongly, very wrongly, claiming that Democrats are any better than the Republicans.

Game out if you like I don't care. The fact that you're further to the Radical Right than even the completely failed Bush/Cheney administration speaks volumes that you are even more scary & dangerous.

We know where we've been sucks. I'm willing to give this new administration a chance... like actually let him get into office maybe.
:eek:

I feel sorry for you Top Gun, all you can do is attack, attack, attack... And what is it your attacking? A stereotype that I don't fit... I'm not a Republican, I'm not Rush or Hannity or any of the others, I'm a CaLiCo. You can't differentiate between Libertarian, Conservative or any other ideology... all you need to know is that someone is not a Progressive and you attack, using your bully tactics like calling people racists and unpatriotic, till they relent or go along. The only facts that your willing to acknowledge, are the ones that go in your favor, you discount the rest as lies or propaganda.

The debt doesn't matter to either party. It didn't matter to Bush and the Republicans and now it doesn't matter to Obama and the Democrats but because you don't have the intellectual honesty to admit any shortcomings on the part of the Progressives who have taken over, you have to continue attacking people who disagree about Obama's plan to continue Bush's "failed policy" of deficit spending, (as in your hyper-partisan tirade above) while simultaneously demanding we come together....

I believe too strongly in Capitalism, Individual Liberty and our Constitution to "come together" in order to help you destroy those things.

Now I suggest for your next post in this thread, you discuss why the debt does matter to you and explain how Obama's plans to have "trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see" are going to help reduce the debt. If you come back in here with the same attitude problem displayed in the above post, I'll gladly report it as off-topic harrassment.

GenSeneca;81353]I feel sorry for you Top Gun, all you can do is attack, attack, attack... And what is it your attacking? A stereotype that I don't fit... I'm not a Republican, I'm not Rush or Hannity or any of the others, I'm a CaLiCo. You can't differentiate between Libertarian, Conservative or any other ideology... all you need to know is that someone is not a Progressive and you attack, using your bully tactics like calling people racists and unpatriotic, till they relent or go along. The only facts that your willing to acknowledge, are the ones that go in your favor, you discount the rest as lies or propaganda.

I'm capable of making a mistake... but in reality all I'm doing is standing up for myself. It is YOU who said way back in the election campaign that if Obama won YOU were all ready to attack him because you felt Bush was unfairly attacked. I'm merely calling you out on things you said and showing a pattern of premeditation. And I'm sure it would be easier if everyone just laid down for you.

The debt doesn't matter to either party. It didn't matter to Bush and the Republicans and now it doesn't matter to Obama and the Democrats but because you don't have the intellectual honesty to admit any shortcomings on the part of the Progressives who have taken over, you have to continue attacking people who disagree about Obama's plan to continue Bush's "failed policy" of deficit spending, (as in your hyper-partisan tirade above) while simultaneously demanding we come together....

See it is you who post the snotty comments that I then must address.

I do see the debt as a problem. I'd like to see us get back to the economic conditions under President Clinton. And as we all know the Clinton administration was big on reducing debt.

Had we kept the Clinton tax brackets, used the surplus wisely and not wasted up to $12 BILLION DOLLARS per month in an Iraq war built on lies we would not only have been able to shore up Social Security & Medicare but also fund the initial investment on a broader less expensive Healthcare system.

The Republicans worked a plan with their astronomical spending. And that plan was called... Take money off the table. You can't very well shore up Social Security & Medicare if there's no money, right? Remember this is back at the beginning when Bush and cronies were pushing PRIVATIZE IT ALL!

Same thing with Healthcare. They knew support for major Healthcare reform was growing by leaps and bounds in popularity. I'm sure they felt their spending was a way to stop what they saw as a costly long term entitlement. But It's wrong headed just the same. It's the American people by their needs and their votes that should make that decision... not just who can take the money off the table.

I believe too strongly in Capitalism, Individual Liberty and our Constitution to "come together" in order to help you destroy those things.

Or in other words in your type of "Democracy" you just take your ball and go home bad mouthing the winning coach and his team. Do everything you can to see to it common ground is never found and just relentlessly complain about the process.

That's what we're trying to change.

Now I suggest for your next post in this thread, you discuss why the debt does matter to you and explain how Obama's plans to have "trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see" are going to help reduce the debt. If you come back in here with the same attitude problem displayed in the above post, I'll gladly report it as off-topic harrassment.

First off... you don't dictate how people post. But I'll be glad to answer your questions just as I have several times.

Sometimes in severely bad economic times as in the Great Depression this time I guess to be known as the Great Bush Rescission you need a bump that only government has the economic capital and mechanism to perform... as in The New Deal.

You are trying to stop the rapid domino effect of mass unemployment compounding business failures. By investing in already needed public works (infrastructure) jobs that will have to be done and paid for at some point anyway you put people to work and paying taxes. These people then create jobs for all those that then are needed to service them.

The idea is to give the country a window of time without a spiraling in effect allowing the private sector time to bounce back as the works programs are phased out. This takes a year or so to really kick in but nothing starts if one won't even take the first step.

Add to that middle class tax cuts (as President Obama had already planned) and that also gives some immediate relief in peoples weekly paychecks while the other parts of the plan are ramping up.

What really are our options? Just keep saying things aren't bad as they continue to steadily worsen. Cut the military and military spending in half. Just say sorry, fend for yourselves, and cancel Social Security & Medicare to American senior citizens.

No, I don't think so I think we try and work out something that gets us through... and with people on both sides saying we need a stimulus package I think that's noteworthy.

We will do better and America will maintain it's services to it's people.

It is YOU who said way back in the election campaign that if Obama won YOU were all ready to attack him because you felt Bush was unfairly attacked.
I also pointed out, on more than one occasion, that it was tongue in cheek, my way of making fun of people like you who suffered from Bush Derangement Syndrome for 8 years. You attack Bush for the Patriot Act, but you give Clinton a pass for doing the same things secretly. You attack Bush as a liar on Iraq, but give Clinton a pass for saying the same things both before and after Bush took office.

Also... You cite things like the Clinton Impeachment and the Swiftboating of Kerry as excuses for attacking Bush, Republicans, Conservatives, Libertarians and anyone else who DARES disagree with you... While trying to call me out for threatening to shovel that dung right back in your face. Two wrongs have never made a right, that's why I didn't go through with it. You on the other hand, had 8 glorious years of answering one wrong after another with your very own wrongs.

The list goes on and on... Your double standards are nothing more than political grandstanding. If you held both parties to the same impossible standard you hold the Republicans to, we'd get along much better and the nation would actually stand a chance to "come together" for the good of America.

I do see the debt as a problem. I'd like to see us get back to the economic conditions under President Clinton. And as we all know the Clinton administration was big on reducing debt.
Yet you can't bring yourself to credit the Republican takeover of the House for crafting welfare reform and instead choose to credit Clinton for signing it. I'm not a partisan hack, I'll give them both credit for working together in order to take 52% of recipients off the welfare rolls. This, by the way, should be an example of how we, as a nation, are actually capable of reducing our biggest debt obligations.

When I mention that we need to do this for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and revisit welfare... You call me names and cast dispersions on my character for "not caring" about the poor and disadvantaged, you use ridiculous hyperbole about how I want fellow Americans dying in the streets and starving to death because I care more about "fat cats" than people like myself.

Had we kept the Clinton tax brackets, used the surplus wisely and not wasted up to $12 BILLION DOLLARS per month in an Iraq war built on lies we would not only have been able to shore up Social Security & Medicare but also fund the initial investment on a broader less expensive Healthcare system.
Bush didn't lie, he was wrong... so were both Clintons, Gore, and the rest of the Democrats in the leadership at the time.

The war was funded on credit, as in, money we didn't and still don't have, so we couldn't have used that debt to shore up our other debts. Even if we DID have that money, 12 billion dollars a month wouldn't put a dent in the 3.8 million PER SECOND we spend domestically on programs like SS, Medicare/Medicaid and Welfare.

If you want less expensive healthcare, get government out of the way and let the providers compete for your business. If you want more expensive healthcare with costs that are hidden by being pushed onto future generations, then by all means, continue pushing for a government monopoly that will incur debt on future generations while deteriorating services and capabilities.

They knew support for major Healthcare reform.... It's the American people by their needs and their votes that should make that decision...
"Democracy can last until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury."
You want to vote yourself "free" healthcare but seem to have forgotten, or never learned, that there is no such thing as a free lunch, someone has to pay for it. Your master plan of "stick it to the rich" will only push us farther off the cliff.

Do everything you can to see to it common ground is never found and just relentlessly complain about the process.

That's what we're trying to change.
Thats what you've done for 8 years and your still doing it. You don't want to change it, you want people like me to STFU and accept your insane wishes without criticism. You will never get my support by calling me a racist for disagreeing with Obama, for calling me unpatriotic when I disagree with the bailouts, or by calling me a lover of Bush and Dick when I point out your messiah is following the same "failed policies" of the last 8 years.

First off... you don't dictate how people post.
I made a suggestion, try not to get carried away by your emotions and lash out in hyperbole.

Sometimes in severely bad economic times as in the Great Depression this time I guess to be known as the Great Bush Rescission you need a bump that only government has the economic capital and mechanism to perform... as in The New Deal.
You swallowed that talking point hook, line and sinker... The New Deal was modeled after the ever "Progressive", Benito Mussolini, Fascist dictator of Italy. The idea that "only government" can get us out of this mess is the same idea that put us here in the first place. Recessions occur naturally in any economy but you "Progressives" seem to think that an economic Utopia is possible and that "if only we gave government enough power to run our lives", that the economy could grow forever without so much as a hiccup... and by some miracle we'd still remain free.

You are trying to stop the rapid domino effect of mass unemployment compounding business failures. By investing in already needed public works (infrastructure) jobs that will have to be done and paid for at some point anyway you put people to work and paying taxes. These people then create jobs for all those that then are needed to service them.
We can't borrow any more money, now we are just printing it. So we print money, adding to our debt and to inflation, to pay people who then turn around and give some of that back in the form of taxes. Once government starts paying these workers, you have to keep printing money to keep paying them or else they go unemployed. As Obama has promised, he will deliver, trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see.

The idea is to give the country a window of time without a spiraling in effect allowing the private sector time to bounce back as the works programs are phased out. This takes a year or so to really kick in but nothing starts if one won't even take the first step.
Its a first step in the wrong direction... Capitalism works every time its tried.

Add to that middle class tax cuts (as President Obama had already planned) and that also gives some immediate relief in peoples weekly paychecks while the other parts of the plan are ramping up.
What!?!?! TAX CUTS DURING A WAR!?!?! Who does Obama think he is, Bush?

Perhaps you've forgotten that Obama has promised that his energy policy will cause the "price of electricity to necessarily skyrocket", his actual words, which will further hamper economic recovery and greatly punish the wallets of the lowest income Americans. Perhaps you've also not become aware of the plethora of new taxes that Democrats can't wait to get passed, like a new 61 cent tax on smokes to fund a revamped SCHIP program that will consider 25 year olds as "children" and eligible while making up to $78,000 a year... taxes that disproportionately affect the poor and minorities.

What really are our options? Just keep saying things aren't bad as they continue to steadily worsen. Cut the military and military spending in half. Just say sorry, fend for yourselves, and cancel Social Security & Medicare to American senior citizens.
Your buddy Barney Frank wants to cut military spending by 25%. Your Progressive pals are looking to raise the SS age and cut benefits to people who paid into the system their whole life through means testing.

The best option would be to let capitalism work and get government out of the way. Your Progressive option is to let government screw us over while getting capitalism out of the way.

No, I don't think so I think we try and work out something that gets us through... and with people on both sides saying we need a stimulus package I think that's noteworthy.
Noteworthy because it reinforces my opinion that BOTH parties have gone completely insane and abandoned all hope of them embracing fiscal responsibility.

We will do better and America will maintain it's services to it's people.
You are sacrificing the well being of future generations in order to "maintain" the current ones. Its time our government, and we the people, lived within our means.

Obama_Masthead.jpg

GenSeneca;81397]I also pointed out, on more than one occasion, that it was tongue in cheek...

Whatever... you'd say anything now, Obama won.

Also... You cite things like the Clinton Impeachment and the Swiftboating of Kerry as excuses for attacking Bush, Republicans, Conservatives, Libertarians and anyone else who DARES disagree with you... While trying to call me out for threatening to shovel that dung right back in your face. Two wrongs have never made a right, that's why I didn't go through with it. You on the other hand, had 8 glorious years of answering one wrong after another with your very own wrongs.

I'm pointing directly to Bush policies I adamantly disagree with. That's the difference between you and I. I'm not talking about Bush's personal life... and if Bush had actually volunteered to go fight in Vietnam and received both the Purple Heart and Bronze Star I certainly wouldn't be running down his military credentials.

The list goes on and on... Your double standards are nothing more than political grandstanding. If you held both parties to the same impossible standard you hold the Republicans to, we'd get along much better and the nation would actually stand a chance to "come together" for the good of America.

It's not been a matter of "same standard" with a Rove style adversary. What you are saying in essence is this... Let the Republicans grind anybody they want into the ground with their jack boot political assassination & smear ways... but don't you fight back in kind.

BS we fight back now... and we are winning because the country now gets to hear BOTH sides! And the truth is Obama himself has called repeatedly for a more cordial tone. And I agree. But when your side continues to go out and call a good Christian family man, devoted husband & loving father a Muslim terrorist sleeper cell agent... yeah damn right I'm gonna talk smack back.

Yet you can't bring yourself to credit the Republican takeover of the House for crafting welfare reform and instead choose to credit Clinton for signing it. I'm not a partisan hack, I'll give them both credit for working together in order to take 52% of recipients off the welfare rolls. This, by the way, should be an example of how we, as a nation, are actually capable of reducing our biggest debt obligations.

Sure I can and always have! I've always said welfare reform was a bipartisan effort. When I've spoken up about Clinton signing that Bill it was in response to those trying to give President Clinton NO credit for moving to the middle.

When I mention that we need to do this for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and revisit welfare... You call me names and cast dispersions on my character for "not caring" about the poor and disadvantaged, you use ridiculous hyperbole about how I want fellow Americans dying in the streets and starving to death because I care more about "fat cats" than people like myself.

You are not accurately quoting anything I've said. I've said that anyone wanting to PRIVATIZE Social Security & Medicare is wrong because there is no 100% guarantee of safety of principle or return. It varies with the economic times when real people need it at ALL times.

I've said that the reductions and time limits on Welfare we've already discussed were good ones. And I believe there must be a social safety net for ADC, food stamps and job training. It hurts children and increases our overall crime rates if we don't have such a system. Anyone can fall on hard times.

Bush didn't lie, he was wrong... so were both Clintons, Gore, and the rest of the Democrats in the leadership at the time.[/URL]

The fact many people didn't like Hussein and thought he might have WMD's (because Hussein himself was bluffing the counter balance in the region Iran)is not the same as promoting only selective intelligence some of which they knew was very questionable from the start and embellish other intel and try to make phantom links to the 9-11 attacks AND THEN INVADING THAT COUNTRY WHEN THAT COUNTRIES MILITARY POWER WAS ALREADY IN A NO FLY ZONE BOX AND COULDN'T PUT UP EVEN A CROP DUSTER!

Add to that all the Bush administration insiders that have now come forward and said on the record... Bush was looking for anyway from day one to go into Iraq... and say what you want, that matters.

The war was funded on credit, as in, money we didn't and still don't have, so we couldn't have used that debt to shore up our other debts. Even if we DID have that money, 12 billion dollars a month wouldn't put a dent in the 3.8 million PER SECOND we spend domestically on programs like SS, Medicare/Medicaid and Welfare.

But the more in debt we're in the more interest we pay on that debt and the harder it is to fund domestic programs. Some spending is an honest, justifiable and greatly needed expenditure FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Borrowing to shore up Social Security would be very important. Every dollar we've wasted in Iraq could have helped GREATLY somewhere else.

If you want less expensive healthcare, get government out of the way and let the providers compete for your business. If you want more expensive healthcare with costs that are hidden by being pushed onto future generations, then by all means, continue pushing for a government monopoly that will incur debt on future generations while deteriorating services and capabilities.

Deregulation is your answer... after all we've seen you still say that. Well at least you're consistant. That's why you are so not winning anything anytime soon.

We have competition right now and heathcare cost are constantly showing double digit inflation. It's to the point right now as it is many working people are either not even offered medical insurance at work because it's too expensive for the business or workers that are offered it simply can't afford the deduction on their check each week.

Something is always better than nothing... and more & more Americans can afford only the nothing.

This is too long I'll continue next post...

"Democracy can last until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury."
You want to vote yourself "free" healthcare but seem to have forgotten, or never learned, that there is no such thing as a free lunch, someone has to pay for it. Your master plan of "stick it to the rich" will only push us farther off the cliff.

The beauty of Democracy is anything can be changed at any time by a vote of its people. You don't take that right away just because a particular group fears a bad outcome.

Thats what you've done for 8 years and your still doing it. You don't want to change it, you want people like me to STFU and accept your insane wishes without criticism. You will never get my support by calling me a racist for disagreeing with Obama, for calling me unpatriotic when I disagree with the bailouts, or by calling me a lover of Bush and Dick when I point out your messiah is following the same "failed policies" of the last 8 years.

Gen you have been at times, how do I put this, let's say less than civil. I fight in kind. You have every right to disagree with anything I say. But when you cross that line, yes I will be standing there to confront you. I hope you at some point give us a chance to work together on something, anything... America needs that and President Obama has stressed that he wants to work together.

You swallowed that talking point hook, line and sinker... The New Deal was modeled after the ever "Progressive", Benito Mussolini, Fascist dictator of Italy. The idea that "only government" can get us out of this mess is the same idea that put us here in the first place. Recessions occur naturally in any economy but you "Progressives" seem to think that an economic Utopia is possible and that "if only we gave government enough power to run our lives", that the economy could grow forever without so much as a hiccup... and by some miracle we'd still remain free.

Some serious Rescissions & Depressions would take too long to turn around on their own causing needless pain and suffering to too many people when government can and should be there to help.

There are times when helping real people isn't a political philosophy thing... it's just helping people who need help. The fact that a Fascist or a Socialist did things in some way or another has no bearing on what helps people in a particular situation at a particular period in time. All things don't have to be permanent to help.

That's the problem with your labeling ideology. If you are starving you don't care if the guy giving you a piece of bread is a Capitalist or Socialist or Facist... he's just giving you a piece of bread. In the past plenty of hurt & wrong was done by the Robber Barons of Capitalism so even the good guys are less than perfect.

Its a first step in the wrong direction... Capitalism works every time its tried.

Capitalist systems have both prospered and failed. Often changes must be made to prevent an overthrow of the whole system if things deteriorate to greatly. Robber Barons, Monopolies, I could go on... history scholars would tell you totally unchecked capitalism is no utopia I assure you.

What!?!?! TAX CUTS DURING A WAR!?!?! Who does Obama think he is, Bush?

As we plan to reduce the war hugely and pull out of Iraq. Slightly different then when just going in.

Perhaps you've forgotten that Obama has promised that his energy policy will cause the "price of electricity to necessarily skyrocket", his actual words, which will further hamper economic recovery and greatly punish the wallets of the lowest income Americans. Perhaps you've also not become aware of the plethora of new taxes that Democrats can't wait to get passed, like a new 61 cent tax on smokes to fund a revamped SCHIP program that will consider 25 year olds as "children" and eligible while making up to $78,000 a year... taxes that disproportionately affect the poor and minorities.

That "skyrocket" quote is a partial quote taken out of context and you know it... this is why we don't get along. If the grid needs help... it needs help. If there's a valuable and needed long term goal... there's a valuable & needed long term goal.

As far as your "smokes" I wish they'd tax them to about $10 a pack... or better yet just outlaw their sale for health reasons. I've seen to many people die because of them and they raise everyone's healthcare cost while providing no good effects whatsoever... they only feed their own dependence.

Your buddy Barney Frank wants to cut military spending by 25%. Your Progressive pals are looking to raise the SS age and cut benefits to people who paid into the system their whole life through means testing.

ALL GREAT IDEAS! Our military should be tech driven not boots driven. We should be in the military business of always being able to repel any force but not occupy entire countries. We 21st century tthinking... not Cold War thinking.

And the means testing for S.S. is another great idea. If the choice becomes say raising everybody to collect any benefit to 70-75 or have some income restrictions on benefits for people that say bring in 100,000K or 150,000K per year without it... I'm fine with that. It's still there if they need it.

You are sacrificing the well being of future generations in order to "maintain" the current ones. Its time our government, and we the people, lived within our means.

Somethings are needed and justifyable... some things are not. Finding the balance is the hardest part. Doesn't make everything government spends on bad. Things evolve, needs change and many things are much better today than in the past.

It's not like most people live back in the hollers in log cabins with a little garden a couple cows and chickens or even on a farm.

Give this new administration a chance.
;)

I feel sorry for you Top Gun, all you can do is attack, attack, attack... And what is it your attacking? A stereotype that I don't fit... I'm not a Republican, I'm not Rush or Hannity or any of the others, I'm a CaLiCo. You can't differentiate between Libertarian, Conservative or any other ideology... all you need to know is that someone is not a Progressive and you attack, using your bully tactics like calling people racists and unpatriotic, till they relent or go along.
Are your Crying-Towels monogrammed? :rolleyes:

Werbung:
The fact many people didn't like Hussein and thought he might have WMD's (because Hussein himself was bluffing the counter balance in the region Iran)is not the same as promoting only selective intelligence some of which they knew was very questionable from the start and embellish other intel and try to make phantom links to the 9-11 attacks AND THEN INVADING THAT COUNTRY WHEN THAT COUNTRIES MILITARY POWER WAS ALREADY IN A NO FLY ZONE BOX AND COULDN'T PUT UP EVEN A CROP DUSTER!

Even if it is/were true that he promoted selective intel, that they knew was questionable, embellished other intel, and invaded a country that was boxed in, that would not mean that he lied.

If people were to spend their time building a case for what you listed above they would have made far more headway than they did making a case for a falsehood that a lie was told.

Of course they choose to create the illusion of a lie because they could make it stick with the ignorant electorate and because the smaller reality of what could be made from the accusations above would not add up to too much. Don't get me wrong, I think some of those accusations are true to a degree. I just don't think they are very powerful accusations.

Whereas the accusation of a lie was very powerful just not true.

The main problem is that when people choose to focus on creating the illusion of a powerful lie rather than the reality of a less powerful truth they hurt the country as much a they damage the opposition party. So many are bemoaning the opinion other countries have of us while they were in large part responsible for creating it. I see the promotion of that falsehood as almost traitorous.

Back