Supreme Court Rejects Campaign Spending Limits

But back then, all it took was just one horrific/totally erroneous/gut wrenching LIE to make the people vote against the politician that the commercial was aimed at...we all lived in fear of the 'NUCLEAR BOMB'; that's how we were programed from those days of the fall out tests at school {way before your time, I'm sure ;)}...so just what could today's commercial be about that would scare the BEEE-GEEZERS out of us...hmmmm

I'll let your ponder on that thought for a little while...but I'm thinking that as with G.W.B. and his manipulating the 'COLOR CODE' for the PENDING TERRORIST ALERT...this along with repetitive images of the Twin Towers going down should about do it...but then I maybe way off base too:cool:

your point was valid that expense and repetition are meaningless.

the dems got a lot of milage replaying Bush I saying "read my lips".

sil is sold on the notion that more ads = win. probably because she (?) sent too many checks in response to emails claiming that.

beginning with the Deanies, dems have developed that conditioned response.

Werbung:
your point was valid that expense and repetition are meaningless.

the dems got a lot of milage replaying Bush I saying "read my lips".

sil is sold on the notion that more ads = win. probably because she (?) sent too many checks in response to emails claiming that.

beginning with the Deanies, dems have developed that conditioned response.
"READ MY LIPS - NO NEW TAXES"...well, that kinda proves my POINT...the catchy phrases will be the thing that buries the opponent, and lacking that then it will be the repetitive/monotonous commercials that just drone on & on & on about an issue {even when it's a lie} to get the opponents point across. So Siho does have a point and as with the article that I posted about the many - MANY special interest groups that were getting huge fines for breaking the rules and then the subsequent court rulings...it would appear that the 'LARGE LOBBYIST GROUPS' have a lot to gain by this Supreme court overturning this LAW!

It just saddens me that for all of the Bipartisan work that went into this bill and John McCain used it so frequently on his campaign trail...to now watch him just shrug his shoulders and fade into the back ground seems really, really sad/pathetic for all of the GOOD that he and Feingold tried to do!

"READ MY LIPS - NO NEW TAXES"...well, that kinda proves my POINT...the catchy phrases will be the thing that buries the opponent, and lacking that then it will be the repetitive/monotonous commercials that just drone on & on & on about an issue {even when it's a lie} to get the opponents point across. So Siho does have a point and as with the article that I posted about the many - MANY special interest groups that were getting huge fines for breaking the rules and then the subsequent court rulings...it would appear that the 'LARGE LOBBYIST GROUPS' have a lot to gain by this Supreme court overturning this LAW!

It just saddens me that for all of the Bipartisan work that went into this bill and John McCain used it so frequently on his campaign trail...to now watch him just shrug his shoulders and fade into the back ground seems really, really sad/pathetic for all of the GOOD that he and Feingold tried to do!

This was terrible legislation, I wish they would ****can the whole thing.

I would LOVE to see some REAL campaign reform.

Lets take a baby step, do whatever it takes to make money cease to be free speech.

other fun examples
Wille Horton
Dukakis in the tank
Kerry as a sperm
Nixon's lack of makeup
Jimmy's sweaters

This was terrible legislation, I wish they would ****can the whole thing.

I would LOVE to see some REAL campaign reform.

Lets take a baby step, do whatever it takes to make money cease to be free speech.
other fun examples
Wille Horton
Dukakis in the tank
Kerry as a sperm
Nixon's lack of makeup
Jimmy's sweaters

BILLY BOB BEER and wasn't there a really good one about Clinton's step brother and never-ever leave out that highly/utterly ridiculous screech that Senator Howard Dean did that still shatters glass when replayed at regular volume...LMAO

But their primary opponents, the Democrats, are true to their carefully crafted image? The Democrats don't also use false advertising to sway voters?~Genseneca
Yes and sometimes they don't also. Money makes unlimited choices of what you want to do become reality. And hence our problem with allowing the unlimited use of it on either side of the aisle. Did you think that Microsoft would stay out of the game? Apple? Green companies or ones with green agendas at least may decide to outspend. And even with my support of that green agenda, I would not be OK with Microsoft picking my representative.

I want them beholden to no one but the little guys and gals. THAT is how our forefathers set it up because of the unending meddling big british business was doing in trying to usurp our little budding nation way back when. They knew that big business is relentless and long after they were dead they could foresee inroads eroding democracy at its foundation: the electoral process.

Those justices who approved SCOTUS were overreaching. They overreached in the 2000 campaign too and because they did we are in the hole financially and at two wars and nearly collapsed as a nation, were robbed by big business and even the base of democracy itself was almost handed away last week except for some pending actions to balance on behalf of the Legislative and Executive branches in the near future.

I think some justices need to begin undergoing the impeachment process. When they are on "bad behavior" they may not vote. Did you know that?

The Constitution is a fascinating document when you get a chance to mull all of it over..

The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior~Article III Section 1 "Judicial Powers"

"bad behavior" [as determined by Congress] can disqualify a sitting Justice. Who'da thunk?

I wonder if attempting to award citizenship and subsequent unbridled influence to foreign nationals [via their stockholding/ownership/employment status as part of "body corporation"] during a time of war might be considered attempted treason?

If any of the Justices decisions have language which suggests that they might have known their decision could result in potential enemy infiltration, could this be the grounds for impeachment?

As we are so often reminded, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

Just wayyy too funny and so on point!
100127_ed.gif

If the info has to be public, this just might weed out those congressmen who need to go on both sides of the aisle. SCOTUS might be able to make rulings, but PEOPLE can vote Congress out. The biggest problem in this country is complacency with elected officials below the level of President. If the American people don't pay attention to who is taking money, and from whom, then they shouldn't complain. But they sure do.....

I do believe the "assumed" liberals of Mass just spoke up. It will be interesting to see what goes down in the coming Congressional elections.

Congress is a bull in a china shop that thinks it doesn't have to pay for what it breaks.

I want to see who is first to suggest impeachment. They're all cowards who don't want to lose the cush perks they enjoy.

If the info has to be public, this just might weed out those congressmen who need to go on both sides of the aisle. SCOTUS might be able to make rulings, but PEOPLE can vote Congress out. The biggest problem in this country is complacency with elected officials below the level of President. If the American people don't pay attention to who is taking money, and from whom, then they shouldn't complain. But they sure do.....

I do believe the "assumed" liberals of Mass just spoke up. It will be interesting to see what goes down in the coming Congressional elections.

Congress is a bull in a china shop that thinks it doesn't have to pay for what it breaks.

I want to see who is first to suggest impeachment. They're all cowards who don't want to lose the cush perks they enjoy.

I find it amazing that you lefties are so against free speech. I mean wow, just wow !

I find it amazing that you lefties are so against free speech. I mean wow, just wow !

Bododie is closer to being one of us evil right-wingers, he's definately not a lefty.

I think I understand his point and I agree with it. Every one of the people complaining about the corrupting influence that greedy corporations have on congressmen will continue to vote their same congressman right back into office. They think its a problem with everyone elses congressmen... Their congressman is simply doing the best he can for his state, its all those other congressmen that need to be kicked out for corruption.

If I understand Bododies point correctly, the level of transparency could help to expose congressmen to the their heretofore loyal constituents as being just as corrupted by big money as the other guy and that has the potential, now that Americans are paying attention, to kick all the bums out.

I find it amazing that you lefties are so against free speech. I mean wow, just wow

Lol. Gotta tell ya bud, I'm one of the most conservative people on this board.

I'm not sure which orafice you pulled free speech out of, but you go with it. I assume you think that I don't applaud Alito.

If the truth be know, I am directing my ire with Congress to a few chosen winners. They include, Barney Frank, Charles Schumer, Frank Lautenberg, the winners from my home state (which used to be California. What I consider it now would not be nice to put into words), Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, and lets make it a sweep with Boxer. You might see a common issue which all of these people have a very different opinion on than I.

There might be different "parties" in Congress, but they all operate the same way, and have the same personal interests at heart. If the money is going to flow, it's not a conservative or lefty thing. Just an citizen wanting to know who's vote in congress is being bought by whom.

I just re-read my orgininal post. For the life of me I don't what made you think it was a leftist post. Lol.

Y'all shouldn't oughta make rash decisions about people. It makes you look liberal....

BTW: It's "she"....

I'm not sure which orafice you pulled free speech out of, but you go with it. I assume you think that I don't applaud Alito.

If the truth be know, I am directing my ire with Congress to a few chosen winners. They include, Barney Frank, Charles Schumer, Frank Lautenberg, the winners from my home state (which used to be California. What I consider it now would not be nice to put into words), Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, and lets make it a sweep with Boxer. You might see a common issue which all of these people have a very different opinion on than I.

There might be different "parties" in Congress, but they all operate the same way, and have the same personal interests at heart. If the money is going to flow, it's not a conservative or lefty thing. Just an citizen wanting to know who's vote in congress is being bought by whom.

I just re-read my orgininal post. For the life of me I don't what made you think it was a leftist post. Lol.

Y'all shouldn't oughta make rash decisions about people. It makes you look liberal....

That a good one. I like that last quote about "it makes you look liberal" Good read by the way:)

Bododie is closer to being one of us evil right-wingers, he's definately not a lefty.

I think I understand his point and I agree with it. Every one of the people complaining about the corrupting influence that greedy corporations have on congressmen will continue to vote their same congressman right back into office. They think its a problem with everyone elses congressmen... Their congressman is simply doing the best he can for his state, its all those other congressmen that need to be kicked out for corruption.

If I understand Bododies point correctly, the level of transparency could help to expose congressmen to the their heretofore loyal constituents as being just as corrupted by big money as the other guy and that has the potential, now that Americans are paying attention, to kick all the bums out.

my fondest wish would be to eliminate all money from politics.

I know, crazy talk...

Werbung:

you mentioned impeachment which I tok to mean SCOTUS, sorry

Back