Syria

Dawkinsrocks

We are all seeing the fighting going on in Syria but what we aren't seeing on this occasion is any rush to intervene on the part of the west

Why is this I wonder?

Could it be that it is because Syria has little oil but lots of fighter planes?

Clue: yes

Werbung:
35th internationally in planes which puts it behind Taiwan. As we found with Iraq, try getting a Syrian pilot to take one up for a dogfight.

perhaps BO can't afford it and/or Europe doesn't care (as they did with Libya).

It is a combination of too many fighter jets and too little oil in Syria that is preventing the west from 'doing the right thing'

It is a combination of too many fighter jets and too little oil in Syria that is preventing the west from 'doing the right thing'

France sure wanted Libya's oil. the jets are immaterial. not enough to challenge anyone given all the jets in the region. as I said, their pilots wont fly.

They aren't

The west doesn't like attacking nations that can fight back

Interesting though that the US launched an unprovoked missile attack on Libya killing Gadaafi's three year old granddaughter

And that they shot down an Iranian civil airliner killing everyone on board

Imagine how you guys would be ranting and raving if the roles were reversed

They aren't

The west doesn't like attacking nations that can fight back

Interesting though that the US launched an unprovoked missile attack on Libya killing Gadaafi's three year old granddaughter

And that they shot down an Iranian civil airliner killing everyone on board

Imagine how you guys would be ranting and raving if the roles were reversed

iraq has hundreds more than Syria even now and they would only fly to surrender the jets. these guys wont commit suicide. they can make good money anywhere.

Hmm, are you just ignoring the bit about oil or have you become oil dyslexic?

I guess you won't be able to read that if the latter. Ask someone to read it to you

Sadly I have

No reference to oil which makes up half my proposition

Are you alright?

You are talking in riddles most of the time

We are all seeing the fighting going on in Syria but what we aren't seeing on this occasion is any rush to intervene on the part of the west

Why is this I wonder?

Could it be that it is because Syria has little oil but lots of fighter planes?

Clue: yes

There is no doubt that we could defeat the Syrian Air Force.

That said, hopefully we have realized that intervention for the sake of humanitarian reasons is always a terrible idea.

The real reason we are not involved in Syria -- we have no interests at stake in the matter.

There is no doubt that we could defeat the Syrian Air Force.

That said, hopefully we have realized that intervention for the sake of humanitarian reasons is always a terrible idea.

The real reason we are not involved in Syria -- we have no interests at stake in the matter.
I agree, There not enough oil. In any case the USA and western intervention in Libya do not deliver a pro western government,

Werbung:
I agree, There not enough oil. In any case the USA and western intervention in Libya do not deliver a pro western government,

we had no national interests to protect in Libya and BO went to war with them (in violation of US law). I don't think Syria is any threat to Israel now anymore than ever so no real interest there either. but HRC already delivered the mindlessly crafted 'we cant go there without Assad's approval' explanation so no worries, BO won't spend the money.

Back