The best of UNNECASSARY censorship

Werbung:
Such censorship is an attempt at keeping kids from hearing "bad words" so that they will not think that such words are acceptable. Unfortunately, it is imposible...the kids we try to protect just hear the words from kids with potty mouths in school.

Yes i know what they are for......

They do this but allow them to play these VIOLENT TRASH VIDEO GAMES they play constantly that affect thier minds??

Which hurts them more?? (I think the answer is more than apparent)

Yes i know what they are for......

They do this but allow them to play these VIOLENT TRASH VIDEO GAMES they play constantly that affect thier minds??

Which hurts them more?? (I think the answer is more than apparent)

Don't know what part of America you reside but around here in rural Kansas...parents tend towards the supervision of acquiring those heinous trashy/extremely violent video hand operated games...the rare and extremely rare youth of this area that have them aren't allowed to bring them to the 'friends' house to play and the parents don't allow their children to play at that house with the 'questionable parenting skills'. So this maybe unique to your area but not so much out here in middle America!

I grew up reading the comics that other kid's parents wouldn't allow them to read, so anyone can see the permanent damage it does to the adolescent brain.

I grew up reading the comics that other kid's parents wouldn't allow them to read, so anyone can see the permanent damage it does to the adolescent brain.

DITTO, :eek:

I grew up reading those ever so highly suggestive/heavily innuendoed 'Sweet Sixteen' magazines that my older sisters would sneak into the house and hide...where I couldn't find them...;) LMAO

Aw... you turned out fine!;)

It's like now they have a new law here in Columbus where it's a $25 fine if a kid gets caught riding a bicycle without a helmet. Give me a break already!

I mean I'm sure somewhere some kid got hurt worse than he would have if he'd had a bicycle helmet but do we really have to make a LAW every single time one thing bad happens?

If I were a kid I wouldn't even want to ride a bike nowadays... knee pads, elbow pads, helment... I mean if I have to wear a football uniform to just go for a bike ride I'll just walk!:D

And too the topic I think a lot of the "bad words" is more to appease uptight parents as it is to protect their kids. By the time a kid is in 3 grade they've heard everything from somewhere anyway. I guess the "bad words" censorship is to protect 3rd graders on down.

And too the topic I think a lot of the "bad words" is more to appease uptight parents as it is to protect their kids. By the time a kid is in 3 grade they've heard everything from somewhere anyway. I guess the "bad words" censorship is to protect 3rd graders on down.
I agree. I think that the parents, not the kids would be uncomfortable if the "Bleeps" were replaced with the words if the kids were in the room.

I agree. I think that the parents, not the kids would be uncomfortable if the "Bleeps" were replaced with the words if the kids were in the room.

I remember seeing TV clips of Conservative DJ's breaking records trying to pander to the same type parents saying that they wouldn't play that heathen devil weed rock & roll music with that Negro beat.

So it doesn't even have to be swear words I guess.

Damn that progress...:)

Werbung:

It depends on the generation of the parents. If the parents are baby boomers...sure they're uncomfortable. But if the parents are from the 70s or 80s generation...they might not feel that uncomfortable.

Back