The Doomsday Code

Generalist

I find it disturbing and grossly disgraceful that the US Bush administration takes direct adivce from the "End-Timers" society on issues involving the middle east and the "War on Terror!" They are consulting fudamentalist Christians on Defence and middle east policy!?!?!

How insane can a government become, when they use religion to control a nation's future?

It surely gives them a direct mirror image of the very "Evil" middle eastern nations they are claiming to oppose!

James Stinson

Werbung:
A secular society without a strong religious foundation is doomed to fail.

Bush just listened to the wrong people. My own church is full of them.

I don't know how many times I've heard the rational "those who bless Israel are blessed and those who curse Israel are cursed". Too many people in the church actually believe that this saying in scripture refers to the modern nation-state of Israel rather than Jacob/Israel. Mostly, they don't want to deal with the saying "those who bless Abraham are blessed and those who curse Abraham are cursed".

To actually deal with the implications of both sayings might cause them to do some serious examination of their faith (i.e. move out of their comfort zone).

And moving back to my first sentence in this post; I figure America is finished.

A secular society without a strong religious foundation is doomed to fail.

A government of any nation should never rule on the law of any religion! Aside from it then being bias towards only that religion and it's followers in their country, you cannot prove the logic and existence of any god and or religion!

It is madness to run a country on principles that are not founded.

I find it disturbing and grossly disgraceful that the US Bush administration takes direct adivce from the "End-Timers" society on issues involving the middle east and the "War on Terror!" They are consulting fudamentalist Christians on Defence and middle east policy!?!?!

How insane can a government become, when they use religion to control a nation's future?

It surely gives them a direct mirror image of the very "Evil" middle eastern nations they are claiming to oppose!

James Stinson

I suspect that is an exaggeration of what is happening.

A government of any nation should never rule on the law of any religion! Aside from it then being bias towards only that religion and it's followers in their country, you cannot prove the logic and existence of any god and or religion!

e

Everyone has a world view. And every world view involves principles that are faith based. No matter who or what the government consists of it will be based on someone's faith in something.

I wonder where people get ideas like this. Perhaps you rationaly, logically come up with it out of your own head. Consider the source!

With very few exception in the whole history of mankind, governments alway have some sort of religion at their foundation. Communism is the only atheistic govt. type I have ever heard of and it lasted less than a hundred years. During its heyday, communism was never known as the sort of govt. that anyone would envy.

Take religion out of any society and you end up with anarchy and a decidedly ethicly challenged society in very short order.

Stop letting your atheism lead you into such absurdities.

I wonder where people get ideas like this. Perhaps you rationaly, logically come up with it out of your own head. Consider the source!

With very few exception in the whole history of mankind, governments alway have some sort of religion at their foundation. Communism is the only atheistic govt. type I have ever heard of and it lasted less than a hundred years. During its heyday, communism was never known as the sort of govt. that anyone would envy.

Take religion out of any society and you end up with anarchy and a decidedly ethicly challenged society in very short order.

Stop letting your atheism lead you into such absurdities.

Communism may have been atheistic but that did not stop them from following their faith based belief with religious zeal.

There will be leaders who follow their faith (whatever it may be) somewhat loosely and with little passion. Then their will be leaders who have much passion and zeal. The only real concern is will what they take from their faith and what they turn it into be for good or for bad?

Werbung:

James Stinson

Oddly enough I just saw a post like this that used different words but basically said the same thing on another forum. It too was almost totally without basis or reason. Where did this suddenly come from?

Back