The End Of Fundamentalist-Subsidies; LONG Overdue!

Mr. Shaman

"Teenagers who pledge to remain virgins until marriage are just as likely to have premarital sex as those who do not promise abstinence and are significantly less likely to use condoms and other forms of birth control when they do, according to a study released today.

The findings are reigniting the debate about the effectiveness of abstinence-focused sexual education just as Congress and the new Obama administration are about to reconsider the more than $176 million in annual funding for such programs."​
The Fundies should ask Pat Robertson to finance such fantasy. He can AFFORD it!

images

Werbung:
The study is the latest in a series that have raised questions about programs that focus on encouraging abstinence until marriage, including those that specifically ask students to publicly declare their intention to remain virgins. The new analysis, however, goes beyond earlier analyses by focusing on teens who had similar values about sex and other issues before they took a virginity pledge.

Why would you ask kids to stand up and make such a declaration.....freakin maddness....Anyway, this is a screw up isn't it.....how can you possibly get convincing data from pubescent children about fasion statements - which essentially is this "abstinence" malarchy is all about!

Fundamentalists are in fundamental denial about the way God made us. Not that it is unique to fundamentalists.

God gave us a sex drive, especially among teens and young adults, that makes the abstinence pledge a thing of folly.

I'm not against abstinence prior to marriage, in fact I favor it, I just feel that the freedoms our culture allows young adults makes it impossible to make it happen.

I also take issue with church leaders encouraging young adults to make a vow before God, that those very leaders know will not be kept. The Lord holds a man to a vow.

God gave us a sex drive, especially among teens and young adults, that makes the abstinence pledge a thing of folly.

I'm not against abstinence prior to marriage, in fact I favor it, I just feel that the freedoms our culture allows young adults makes it impossible to make it happen.

I also take issue with church leaders encouraging young adults to make a vow before God, that those very leaders know will not be kept. The Lord holds a man to a vow.

But we are not animals, we don’t go into heat and that’s it, we mate with the first thing that comes along without choice.

I get so upset at the public schools, they have a zero tolerance to drugs and drinking but when it comes to sex they say oh well kids are going to do it, give them a condom.

How is it we think of kids and expect kids are people who have the ability to say no to drugs and no to drinking but we assume they are just in perpetual heat when it comes to sex?

I expect more than that from my kids. It’s so hypocritical to think I can have a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol but I just have to concede the idea that my kid will sleep with who ever and what ever comes along since they are in perpetual heat. So I better get her on the pill and pack condoms in his lunch box.

But we are not animals, we don’t go into heat and that’s it, we mate with the first thing that comes along without choice.

I get so upset at the public schools, they have a zero tolerance to drugs and drinking but when it comes to sex they say oh well kids are going to do it, give them a condom.

How is it we think of kids and expect kids are people who have the ability to say no to drugs and no to drinking but we assume they are just in perpetual heat when it comes to sex?
Gee....I guess it's 'cause they mate with the first thing that comes along without choice.

Whew! They sound damned-near Human!! :eek:

Funny, I seem to have this strange idea that marriage, the proper place for sex is a very good way to satisfy ones sex drive. And given that married couples report much higher sexual satisfaction, than unmarried, it doesn't seem so folly.

My high school friend and his wife both waited till marriage. Cousins waited for marriage. In fact I know dozens that waited till marriage. Oddly, they are all still married years later, unlike the promiscuous people from my high school who are divorced, remarried, have kids spread around and so on, have AIDs and STDs, or ended up spending years in counseling over a failed relationship.

They don't know they won't be kept. And what business is that of yours? Many of the kids from my parents church, made such commitments and they kept them. Those that didn't ended up having huge problems, but that was their choice.

What is between you and G-d, is between you and G-d.

Werbung:
I really hate to tell you this, but... uhh... some of us are!:eek:

Oh I understand some are and like it that way, that is their right too. I won’t say it’s wrong for them but it’s wrong for me and a wrong way to raise my kids. I won’t give up on my kids and I will always expect more than it seems society expects from them.

but I should say since the thread is really about subsidies.

I am against tax payer funded programs on sex PERIOD. I dont want some moron teaching my child their version of morals and I dont want them giving my kids a condom compliments of tax payers. I am against most subsidies.

Back