1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

The End Of Fundamentalist-Subsidies; LONG Overdue!

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

The Fundies should ask Pat Robertson to finance such fantasy. He can AFFORD it!

[​IMG]

2. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

Why would you ask kids to stand up and make such a declaration.....freakin maddness....Anyway, this is a screw up isn't it.....how can you possibly get convincing data from pubescent children about fasion statements - which essentially is this "abstinence" malarchy is all about!

3. foggedinn

foggedinn New Member

Fundamentalists are in fundamental denial about the way God made us. Not that it is unique to fundamentalists.

4. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

How so?

5. foggedinn

foggedinn New Member

God gave us a sex drive, especially among teens and young adults, that makes the abstinence pledge a thing of folly.

I'm not against abstinence prior to marriage, in fact I favor it, I just feel that the freedoms our culture allows young adults makes it impossible to make it happen.

I also take issue with church leaders encouraging young adults to make a vow before God, that those very leaders know will not be kept. The Lord holds a man to a vow.

6. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

But we are not animals, we don’t go into heat and that’s it, we mate with the first thing that comes along without choice.

I get so upset at the public schools, they have a zero tolerance to drugs and drinking but when it comes to sex they say oh well kids are going to do it, give them a condom.

How is it we think of kids and expect kids are people who have the ability to say no to drugs and no to drinking but we assume they are just in perpetual heat when it comes to sex?

I expect more than that from my kids. It’s so hypocritical to think I can have a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol but I just have to concede the idea that my kid will sleep with who ever and what ever comes along since they are in perpetual heat. So I better get her on the pill and pack condoms in his lunch box.

7. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Gee....I guess it's 'cause they mate with the first thing that comes along without choice.

Whew! They sound damned-near Human!! :eek:

8. Pandora

Humans have not alwasy been that way, there was a time when we waited till we had a commitment/marriage and stayed with that person for the rest of our lives.

9. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

I really hate to tell you this, but... uhh... some of us are!:eek:

10. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Funny, I seem to have this strange idea that marriage, the proper place for sex is a very good way to satisfy ones sex drive. And given that married couples report much higher sexual satisfaction, than unmarried, it doesn't seem so folly.

My high school friend and his wife both waited till marriage. Cousins waited for marriage. In fact I know dozens that waited till marriage. Oddly, they are all still married years later, unlike the promiscuous people from my high school who are divorced, remarried, have kids spread around and so on, have AIDs and STDs, or ended up spending years in counseling over a failed relationship.

They don't know they won't be kept. And what business is that of yours? Many of the kids from my parents church, made such commitments and they kept them. Those that didn't ended up having huge problems, but that was their choice.

What is between you and G-d, is between you and G-d.

11. Pandora

Oh I understand some are and like it that way, that is their right too. I won’t say it’s wrong for them but it’s wrong for me and a wrong way to raise my kids. I won’t give up on my kids and I will always expect more than it seems society expects from them.

but I should say since the thread is really about subsidies.

I am against tax payer funded programs on sex PERIOD. I dont want some moron teaching my child their version of morals and I dont want them giving my kids a condom compliments of tax payers. I am against most subsidies.