The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

Dude111

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2013150,00.html

Government agents can sneak onto your property in the middle of the night, put a GPS device on the bottom of your car and keep track of everywhere you go. This doesn't violate your Fourth Amendment rights, because you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in your own driveway — and no reasonable expectation that the government isn't tracking your movements. [more]
UNREAL!!!!!!!!

This is very scary and disturbing!!!!!!

Werbung:
9th circuit court workin' hard for you libs....

Government agents can sneak onto your property in the middle of the night, put a GPS device on the bottom of your car and keep track of everywhere you go. This doesn't violate your Fourth Amendment rights, because you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in your own driveway — and no reasonable expectation that the government isn't tracking your movements.

That is the bizarre — and scary — rule that now applies in California and eight other Western states. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, which covers this vast jurisdiction, recently decided the government can monitor you in this way virtually anytime it wants — with no need for a search warrant....

Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, who dissented from this month's decision refusing to reconsider the case, pointed out whose homes are not open to strangers: rich people's. The court's ruling, he said, means that people who protect their homes with electric gates, fences and security booths have a large protected zone of privacy around their homes. People who cannot afford such barriers have to put up with the government sneaking around at night

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2013150,00.html#ixzz0xkUJ0Xvd

The states affected are California, Hawaii, Nevada, Washington, Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana and....Guam.

Likin' it libs?

Lol. I didn't see this post and posted the subject under politics. Didn't mean to steal your thunder!

Re: 9th circuit court workin' hard for you libs....

as a Lib, nope not at all..but I was against all the bush Republican wire taps, and invasion of privacy...also Republicans claim there is not right to privacy ( Roe V wade was in part do to the right of Privacy I believe)

Republicans also enjoy supporting letting police get warrents after the fact

Re: 9th circuit court workin' hard for you libs....

In these highly partisan times, GPS monitoring is a subject that has both conservatives and liberals worried. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit's pro-privacy ruling was unanimous - decided by judges appointed by Presidents Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

This is not a "lib" vs. "con" issue. It is a Libertarian vs. authoritarian issue.

It is not the first time that Constitutional rights have been ignored in the name of the so called "war on drugs" (which is not something that "libs" have been championing, BTW.) Check out asset forfeiture laws as an example.

As long as we have a complacent citizenry, we will have judges violating basic rights.

As long as we have a complacent citizenry, we will have judges violating basic rights
We don't have a complacent citizenry, example the health care issue, the border issue and the politicians that are not listening to the American people!

If votes don't work then what should we "complacent" citizens do?

Yea pretty sure I see nothing most liberals support in this...not sure why it was even thought there would be

Because it is the libs that justify more government in our daily lives, not conservatives.

Because it is the libs that justify more government in our daily lives, not conservatives.

So, the war on drugs is a huge failed government program that has been championed by "libs"? I suppose that if your definition of "lib" is someone who expects the government to save us from ourselves, then you do have a point. Many of those people call themselves "conservatives", however, who support a "law and order" sort of platform.

If votes don't work then what should we "complacent" citizens do?

Votes work. Writing congresspeople works. Writing letters and protesting works.

Voting based on TV ads and party loyalty does not work.

Many of those people call themselves "conservatives", however, who support a "law and order" sort of platform.

As in the laws that already exist but aren't enforced by the government? The lib answer, make a new law, instead of enforcing the old one.

Voting based on TV ads and party loyalty does not work
Which is maybe why so many conservatives have left the Republican party, and regrouped, while dems stay loyal.

War on drugs? Do you really think that because of a pot case that came to light that is being challenged is the reason for this law? Oh, COME ON.

As in the laws that already exist but aren't enforced by the government? The lib answer, make a new law, instead of enforcing the old one.

Which is maybe why so many conservatives have left the Republican party, and regrouped, while dems stay loyal.

I didn't have to leave the Republican Party. It left me.

Wait until the next election and see how loyal the Democrats remain.

There are people in both parties who would not cross party lines to vote against Beelzebub, and we all know it.

War on drugs? Do you really think that because of a pot case that came to light that is being challenged is the reason for this law? Oh, COME ON.

Enforcing the war on drugs is the reason cops do this sort of thing to begin with. It is the reason the unconstitutional asset forfeiture laws stay in place.

well I can see you read the talking points and bumper stickers....
That's hilarious coming from you, who assumes that anyone who isn't liberal is a klan member, with your constant "white hoods" remarks. Jeez.

Werbung:
Enforcing the war on drugs is the reason cops do this sort of thing to begin with. It is the reason the unconstitutional asset forfeiture laws stay in place

Yeah... and income tax was supposed to be temporary too....

Back