The only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. True or false?

I don't under stand you. You are flitting around with your terminology, groping with Youtube clips as being authoritiative and brining in "inquisitions" presumably from the middle agaes??
Can you please define your viewpoint?

I have done so and you say I lie about it.

If you have a specific question, put it and I will try not to lie to you about it.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
You mistake our myths with our beliefs.
No I don't. The belief of Gnosticism in the terms I am refering to are based on the creation language of Genesis and the interpretations that Gnostics put on them to determind their thought structures in terms of their beliefs and their views on returning from whence they came.

Jesus didn't say anything like that. Again you are looking a certain texts within a quasi-politically motivated document. Jesus has little to do with the bible or Christianity.
If you want to look at Jesus and what he may have thought he meant then you need to look at for example the structure of the Ebionites and their views.

Christianity is centred on Jesus and his so called sacrifice.

We are getting further in our thinking with every post.

You say I lie but I see your statement as a lie.

Regards
DL

No I don't. The belief of Gnosticism in the terms I am refering to are based on the creation language of Genesis and the interpretations that Gnostics put on them to determind their thought structures in terms of their beliefs and their views on returning from whence they came.

??

That, to us, is here and now.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Regards
DL

What is your Gnostic canon?

It is evolving and is centered on finding the best rules and laws to live by.
We are esoteric ecumenists and cherry pick the best rules and laws from wherever we find them. A fixed canon would be idol worship and not the God seeking we do perpetually.

Regards
DL

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
No it isn't! Gnosticism is based on the WISDOM being inside you, that is what Gnostic means! Greek word gnossis = wisdom
It is designed to equate the the Hebrew adoption of the greek word "logos"

(sorry I'm trying to type here and work at the same time....)

Last edited:
Then where did your "one" God come from....are you familiar with the terms the "divine Realm" or "pleroma" or "Aeons" or "the fall and creation" or even Irenaeus' books for example

I am familiar with our myths. They are myths and not reality.

As a naturalist, my God, can be seen by what Jung and Freud called their Father Complex. That basically says that my ideal comes from evolution which gave me my general pattern for the best way to survive and thrive.

That is why seeking our internal God becomes important. The access we have to it from birth get's harder, I think, as we grow up and are forced to compete instead of cooperate, which is the best route to survival.

Regards
DL

I don't understand you. What are the Nag Hammadi books then?

Like the bible, they are basically discussion and debate tools that the ancients used to help them seek the best rules and laws to live life by when all knew that all the supernatural Gods were imaginary. Listen to what the more intelligent ancients thought before idol worship of imaginary Gods began.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

You might also remember that most of the ancients, even in Jesus' time did not suggest the literal reading of myths.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Regards
DL

No it isn't! Gnosticism is based on the WISDOM being inside you, that is what Gnostic means! Greek word gnossis = wisdom
It is designed to equate the the Hebrew adoption of the greek word "logos"

(sorry I'm trying to type here and work at the same time....)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos

If you look at the definitions, some attributes are the same but there are differences.

Regards
DL

Which bit and why?

It is now...but that's not how it started. How do you go from being an apocalyptic preacher to being a God? How do you go from Hebrew God to Christian God?

By being usurped by the winners of the God wars.

Constantine helped by forcing the orthodox church, on pain of death to dissenters, to accept that really stupid Trinity concept.

To your first.
"Jesus didn't say anything like that."

I am careful in what I put down. I have to be if I am to try to bad mouth Christian beliefs and morals. I will look again but for now can only find this from James, which my poor memory attributed to his brother Jesus.

For Paul, “justification by works” (which he rejects) means “gaining right standing with God by the merit of works.” For James, “justification by works” (which he accepts) means “maintaining a right standing with God by faith along with the necessary evidence of faith, namely, the works of love.”

https://www.challies.com/articles/justified-by-faith-or-by-works/

Regards
DL

Last edited:
Werbung:
Constantine helped by forcing the orthodox church, on pain of death to dissenters, to accept that really stupid Trinity concept.
Ah well... after Vespasian my favorite roman chap. To be fair to Constantine he just wanted the Arian issues of Alexandria and all the other christian in-fighting ended. Nicaea was very much a political thing - one Emperor in command of all and one Church ruled over by one Emperor - simple. Constantine was very aware of the issues of duality having been a part of the tetriarchy and having seen its' disintegration into civil war resulting with his victory over Maxentius.

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.
de omnibus dubitandum

Last edited:
Back