The real questions are

I think I get you now - you have a bigoted attitude against any candidate for president who has religious roots - unless they're islamic. :D

Werbung:
I think I get you now - you have a bigoted attitude against any candidate for president who has religious roots - unless they're islamic. :D

No on both observations...

1. I don't like canidates that use their religious ideologies as a means to making laws in regards to US citizens...Nor do I like voters that use their perferred religions to vote those politicians into office...

2. We haven't had, nor do we have any politicians that are 'Islamic' trying to run for office.

3. And IF we did have a politician who was using their Islamic religious viewpoints to create/enact laws/policies in regards to US citizens? I'd be just as quick to find them distasteful as any other politician that is using their religious beliefs to gain office and create/enact laws to reflect those religious viewpoints.

I firmly believe that religion has no place in our goverment policies nor at the voting booth.

Hence my earlier statement that I'd perfer to see an Athiest/Agnostic politician put into our goverment offices as a means to keep religion out of our laws and policies as well as I'd like to see voters move away from the religious issues and start voting for what's right for all of our people. Not just voting for those that are 'religiously appealing' to them and playing the 'what religion is the canidate' card.

But noooo...Voters like you rather play the 'this one is a better Christian, this one isn't the right type of Christian, or this one isn't really Christian' and 'ohhhh, is he wearing the lapel pin I'm wearing' cards...

Nobody cares about focusing on the issues and what canidates are doing about those issues...They'd rather focus much more on whether that canidate is the same faith as them and where they do their shopping...Then they wonder why our country is going down the tube while blaming everyone else but their own selves because they're voting on assumptions, appearances, and religious appeal.

Voters like you vote on fancy packaging, not what's in the box.

No on both observations...

1. I don't like canidates that use their religious ideologies as a means to making laws in regards to US citizens...Nor do I like voters that use their perferred religions to vote those politicians into office...

Probably much of the law has it's roots in religion - there is a law against murder because people think it's wrong. There are laws to help the poor because of the influence of charity requirements of the abrahamic religions. I don't like anti-religious bigots who think they can prescribe why people should vote this or that way.

I firmly believe that religion has no place in our goverment policies nor at the voting booth.

A vague statement - nobody could decipher it. What precisely does "place" mean?

Nobody cares about focusing on the issues and what canidates are doing about those issues...They'd rather focus much more on whether that canidate is the same faith as them

You don't get it - people use that as a broad indicator of the person's character and what he'll do in office. I'm an agnostic, and I have a christian guy watch my house when I'm on frequent trips. Why? Because I know Christian ethics, and I know my house and all my stuff is safe with him.

and where they do their shopping...

Whaaaaaaatttttttt??????

Voters like you vote on fancy packaging, not what's in the box.

The apt description of an Obama voter. :D They're enchanted by a black guy who actually CAN conjugate the "to be" verb.

Probably much of the law has it's roots in religion - there is a law against murder because people think it's wrong. There are laws to help the poor because of the influence of charity requirements of the abrahamic religions. I don't like anti-religious bigots who think they can prescribe why people should vote this or that way.

I can see that I'm going to enjoy myself in regards to your responses...

The laws are no more based off of 'Abrahamic religions' then any other religion...The fact is, all religions/non-religions share the same values concerning murder, charity, or anything else...There's no need to put the sole focus/importance of such laws on Christian/Abrahamic ideologies at all.

I'm far from being anti-religion...I happen to find value in religion, as long as the individual is applying that religion to themselves only...Not using their religious beliefs to infrindge or take away the rights of others in preference of thier own ideologies...Period. Unfortunately, people are voting from the pulpit instead. And politicians are pandering to that ideology, by pitching their campaigns from the pulpit as welll, to garner those votes.

A vague statement - nobody could decipher it. What precisely does "place" mean?

LOL! That's it...let's do the 'nah, nah, nah...I don't know what you're talking about' game. Do I really have to explain it to you like you're a 3 year old? I have a higher opinon of you then you do of yourself it seems...

RELIGIOUS OPINION DOESN'T BELONG IN OUR GOVERMENT. Laws shouldn't reflect religious opinion, simply due to the diversity of religous practices in our country. Laws shouldn't reflect one favored religious viewpoint/practice over another.

Hence, seperation of church and state I support.

Is that simple enough for you...I'd draw you a picture, but unfortunatly I'm not so good with photoshop.

You don't get it - people use that as a broad indicator of the person's character and what he'll do in office. I'm an agnostic, and I have a christian guy watch my house when I'm on frequent trips. Why? Because I know Christian ethics, and I know my house and all my stuff is safe with him.

Good for you then...But are you saying that you and those that are non-Christian can't be trusted to prescribe to simple society rules? That in some way, the Christian is better capable of not murdering, robbing, or causing you/others harm because his ethics are better then yours or anyone else that isn't Christian?

Let me apologize to you now, cause I didn't realize that you thought so little of yourself and your personal ethics cause you're 'not a Christian'...No wonder you are inclined to focus on whether or not a canidate is/isn't Christian enough to you...Although I should thank you as well, for letting me know up front that you're an untrustworthy person cause of your beliefs...And that you're willing to lump anyone perceived/gossiped about not being a Christian into the same group as you view yourself...

Just...WOW!

I didn't realize (duh me) that a person's ethics are only valued by what their religion is, not by their actions towards others and for their communities in life...I usually determine a person's ethics by what they say and do...Thank you for opening up my eyes on this issue...

Whaaaaaaatttttttt??????

Why are you confused now? The shopping comment? Believe it or not, I've actually been on forums where voters actually discussed where the canidates shop, as a means to judge whether or not that politician was 'for the people'...Silly yes...But over the years, I've discovered alot of interesting reasons why people vote for particular canidates...Religion tops the list of reasons...But they also go by who makes the politicians' clothes, who cuts their hair (and how much it cost), to what grocery/retail stores those politicians frequent...

Heck, some go as far as to judge what restraunt a politician may have eaten/not eaten at...:confused:

Ask them though about what policies the canidate has voted on/appealed/created and they get the look of a deer caught in headlights.

The apt description of an Obama voter. :D They're enchanted by a black guy who actually CAN conjugate the "to be" verb.

I won't deny the fact out of all the canidates, Obama comes across as the most truthful. Mainly I'm impressed with his voting record, as well as bills he's worked on...Although I disagree with some of his personal opinions, the voting record he has shows that he isn't using his personal opinions, but what the people say they want, to vote/work on those bills and laws based on public demand.

Am I completely happy with him though? Would I vote for him as President?

No and no.

I personally don't think he's got the experience yet, to take up such a position. He's niave, as well as overly ideolistic. He talks a good talk (like all politicians) but he's not showing a specific direction in which to take this country to a better level.

I personally think he needs more time in the arena, so to speak. To grow into the responsibility of running our country. If he was Vice-Presidential nominee, then he'd probally get my vote...But that would also depend on who the Presidential nominee was that he would be running with.

So far, I don't see one canidate that is presidential material at this time in any of the camps. I'm tired of the same-old, same-old that the older politicians are spewing and the one canidate shouting change has no experience in making the change he's talking about.

So although I like Obama's work so far, I also can't support him in running for president because I don't feel he can fulfill that job at this time...There's others I feel that are more qualified and capable, that I'd love to see on the presidential ticket, but they aren't interested in running for that office...Yes, they're Christian...But their record and works for the public has been non-religious and has earned my trust of them. They just have no intrest in the executive office unfortunately.

From what I can see now with the choices of those actually running for president? I'll only be voting canidates into other offices, but the presidential portion of the ticket will remain blank.

So electing anyone with a religion is electing the pope.

Thank you for your :D "brilliant":D comment.

Go ahead and laugh now. It won't be so funny when Coyote is President.

coyotepope.jpg

It is curious how Eve chose to take instruction from them devil, instead of God.

It is the modern women that is being blinded by Obama's true self, for he is a tool of Satan himself.

So if you are a vile creature that wishes to spread immorality continue doing what you are now, you will answer for it in the end.

Werbung:
Back