The Yuppie/"Lynch-Mob"/"conservative" Syndrome

Werbung:
....And, Lil' Dumbya was elected, due to his unending-successes.

:rolleyes:

Bush got elected because half the country is not liberal freaks from hell the first time

The second time because john freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) was THAT BAD!

The anointed one got it this time because of two factors, some of the not liberals were disgusted with Bush and bought into that retardation dished out that McCain was McSame and dying of cancer at any moment now.

And because McCain was THAT BAD!

Bush got elected because half the country is not liberal freaks from hell the first time.
Please. :rolleyes:

His election was payback, for those who'd "invested" in his multiple-failures...​

"The third unusually easy deal for George Bush Junior was his involvement in the Texas Rangers baseball team. In a nutshell, he was offered a piece of this valuable franchise for only $600,000, by supporters of his dad who also bailed out his failing oil company. He sold his stake for $14 million - while Texas governor -- to a Texas millionaire with lots of businesses regulated by his administration. "When all it is all said and done, I will have made more money than I ever dreamed I would make," Bush told the Forth Worth Star-Telegram.

Bush was allowed to buy 1.8% of the team for $600,000 of borrowed money, and was even made one of the two general managers. His qualifications for partial ownership? Several years working at failing oil companies, and his political connections through his father. It's hard to be sure, but we're guessing that latter was probably more important."

I thought the liberals were enamored with Bush and his big government, big spending policies. Why wouldn't they be?

Libs would never like bush no matter how much he spent. I think he (like McCain) thought they could buy libs friendship but it would never work.

No president ever gave as much to aids research as bush did in a one time giving and the left just said he should have given more even though he gave more in one day than Clinton gave in his 8 years.

He should have seen it then but he didnt. I did not vote for him the first time, I did not like him or AlGore so I voted 3d party. I hated John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) enough that I voted for bush that time, though had there been a decent 3d party person I may not have... its hard to say

but no libs voted for bush I am sure of that even though I agree with you he spent like a lib.

Libs would never like bush no matter how much he spent. I think he (like McCain) thought they could buy libs friendship but it would never work.

No president ever gave as much to aids research as bush did in a one time giving and the left just said he should have given more even though he gave more in one day than Clinton gave in his 8 years.

He should have seen it then but he didnt. I did not vote for him the first time, I did not like him or AlGore so I voted 3d party. I hated John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) enough that I voted for bush that time, though had there been a decent 3d party person I may not have... its hard to say

but no libs voted for bush I am sure of that even though I agree with you he spent like a lib.

I voted Libertarian both times. I certainly wasn't going to vote for Bush.

I wonder if liberals, real, honest to goodness liberals would ever vote for a Republican?

I wonder if conservatives, or those who consider themselves conservatives, would ever vote Democratic?

Sometimes conservative does not equal Republican, and liberal does not equal Democrat.

HARDLY (that's not-hardly, for Bush-fans)!!!!

noarmboy.jpg

I wonder if liberals, real, honest to goodness liberals would ever vote for a Republican?

I wonder if conservatives, or those who consider themselves conservatives, would ever vote Democratic?

Sometimes conservative does not equal Republican, and liberal does not equal Democrat.

I consider myself conservative and usually I vote 3d party in National elections, often 3d party in local and state ones too.

I would vote for Harold Ford Jr. for president of the United States any day of the week. He is a dem from Tenn. he is my favorite politician out there but I would not consider him conservative.

May I ask who you voted for in the last two elections? I have my guess but I would love to know if you are willing to say

I consider myself conservative and usually I vote 3d party in National elections, often 3d party in local and state ones too.

I would vote for Harold Ford Jr. for president of the United States any day of the week. He is a dem from Tenn. he is my favorite politician out there but I would not consider him conservative.

May I ask who you voted for in the last two elections? I have my guess but I would love to know if you are willing to say

I voted for the Libertarian candidate in '04, and now don't even recall his name. It's not like he really had a chance anyway, so it was more like a protest vote for "none of the above."

I went back and forth many times in '08. I knew it really didn't matter, as California was not going to go for anyone but Obama anyway. Neither one was a conservative by any means, and Bob Bar was just a retreded Republican.

The Anti Obama forces couldn't muster anything more than he was too liberal, he was a Muslim, he was a terrorist, he sat in Jeremiah Wright's church, and he was the Anti Christ. That's one real issue, two guilt by association issues, and two tinfoil hat notions.

I figured that, if the Republicans couldn't come up with something better than that, they didn't deserve my vote, which left one choice: Obama.

Now, like the rest of America, I'm sitting back, holding my breath, and hoping for the best (just like I would have had McCain won.)

Right now, it doesn't look as if his policies are going to be that much different from Bush's. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. We'll see.

That makes three presidents I voted for that actually were elected:

Lyndon Johnson in '64 (admittedly a mistake), because, ironically, I thought that Goldwater would get us into a war.
Ronald Reagan in '80, because I thought he would cut back the size of the federal government, and now
Barack Obama. Third time's the charm, they say.

Sometimes, casting a vote that really doesn't matter is difficult.:cool:

Now, like the rest of America, I'm sitting back, holding my breath, and hoping for the best (just like I would have had McCain won.)

Right now, it doesn't look as if his policies are going to be that much different from Bush's. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. We'll see.
You'll have to consider the "conservatives'" neverending-warnings:"The Obama Admin is TOP-HEAVY WITH CLINTONISTAS!!!!!"

;)

And yes, part of the legacy of the Bush Administration is helping to elect the first black president.
I agree 100% here, but would even take it further. There is no single person more responsible for the election of Barack Obama than George W. Bush. The resulting election in 2008 was even more of a referendum on Bush than when the Democrats took control of Congress in 2006.

Without GWB running this country into the ground for the last 8 years, Obama is a Senator from Illinois or maybe a future cabinet member in the probably Democrat held WH administration.

The reason Gore nor Hillary won is the backlash from Bill.

Werbung:

As usual PLC, you give another good quality post. Personally, I voted for Bush in 2000, mostly because I figured that was the best chance to open ANWR at the time, and would allow my Sen. Stevens to bring home the pork to AK while Chairing the appropriations committee.
I voted for Kerry in 2004, mostly because I didnt think that Bush had gotten the job done as President in the first 4 years. Whose focus shifted after 9-11 understandably. But at the time we didnt have OBL, and it was obvious the WMD claims concerning Iraq where largely a sham. We still dont have OBL.

But to address your post, it is not very often that party hardliners, will switch thier loyalty. The fact of the matter is that America is roughly 1/3 each of Democrats, Republicans and the most important group when it comes to elections, the Independants or swing voters.
If you can ensure the support of your own party's base, and convince the independants, then victory is almost ensured.

Back