Tony Blair to resign

mamab

I saw on the news bright and early this morning that Tony Blair will be giving up his position as the Prime Minister at the end of June. Do you think this is a positive, or negative, thing?

Werbung:
Is he resigning, or just choosing not to run again? I thought it was the latter.

I think it's a good thing, since he's been the PM for over 10 years now and a change could be good. I think he said as much himself.

He's stepping down. I agree that the time had come for him and he's been talking about it for over a year ...just the exact date wasn't set until this week.

Letting go when you think your time is up I see as a good thing, though I can't comment on the state of his government or the UK as I don't really know what's been going on.

Some heads either don't know when to quit, or when they know their time is running out, get downright irresponsible.

I too would only be able to offer comments on Blair's leadership through the eyes of an outsider. However, I do think that it is a pretty good thing when a government official can realize he or she has done all that can be done, and step aside so some new blood can have a go.

I would agree that it was good of him to realize when it was best to step aside. But for some reason I liked him. I don't know if it was more his personality in general because I didn't agree with everything he supported.

Werbung:
Having lived over there until recently, I was following their politics fairly closely, and it appears there could be a big Tory comeback in their next election. Gordon Brown is competent but not that liked. We'll see.

Back