Turkeys vote for an early Christmas

Stalin

It looks like that finance industry has succeeded in blackmailing the US government.

Interesting that a majority of Republicans voted against the bill.

What does that tell you ?

Werbung:
Tells me you don't read much... The bill that passed has effectively NATIONALIZED the banks... just as we already NATIONALIZED the insurance industry and now Ultra-Left-Wing Radicals like Dennis Kucinich are clamoring for us to NATIONALIZE the Oil industry - and any other Profit-Making industry - to offset the costs for having to NATIONALIZE the failed or failing institutions and industries.

Fascism has come to America alright... but it wasn't wrapped in a flag and carrying a Bible.... It was wrapped in PORK and carried by the Media.

The DEBT has been nationalised.

The SHARES are still privately owned.

Werbung:
Alright Stalin, I'm home now and have access to vital information.... I submit to you that this bill is a TAKEOVER of financial institutions, Government doesn't have to "Own a controlling percentage of Shares" to put every bank in America on a very short leash in return for buying their junk assets.

From the "Nationalize America's Banks For $700 Billion Dollars Act", Section 101, Paragraph C, subsection 3 states the following:
Designating financial institutions as financial agents of the Federal Government, and such institutions shall perform all such reasonable duties related to this Act as financial agents of the Federal Government as may be required.

Your title is quite accurate... Now why exactly were you trying to bash Republicans for being against this bill? 95 Democrats still voted against it, one of whom was Dennis Kucinich - The MOST Liberal Congressman in Washington:

Kucinich: Bailout 'Driven by Fear Not Fact'

I watched Kucinich address Congress last night on the House floor and found myself agreeing with him... not about what caused the mess, not about what should be done... but agreeing with him about why this bill is terribly flawed and how its been railroaded through Congress.

That $700 billion isn't just going to purchase assets from illiquid banks here in America.... ANY BANK IN THE WORLD can send America their junk assets and WE'LL BUY THEM! You can bet your bottom dollar they're lining up around the block to unload their toxic assets at the expense of the American Taxpayer.

Back