UK showing how gun control works

Werbung:
Until the 1960's most households, in the U.S., had at least one firearm. Outside of the most urban communities the majority of boys has a rifle and a knife. They were all taught to hunt. It is amazing how the anti-gun groups can attempt to spin the dangers of guns. The reality is that the U.K. and Australia both have had a terrible time of managing the amount of violent crimes where only the "bad guys" have weapons. Isn't it the Swiss that have government issued assault rifles in every home? Interesting how they are never brought into the discussion about the dangers of firearms?

Until the 1960's most households, in the U.S., had at least one firearm. Outside of the most urban communities the majority of boys has a rifle and a knife. They were all taught to hunt. It is amazing how the anti-gun groups can attempt to spin the dangers of guns. The reality is that the U.K. and Australia both have had a terrible time of managing the amount of violent crimes where only the "bad guys" have weapons. Isn't it the Swiss that have government issued assault rifles in every home? Interesting how they are never brought into the discussion about the dangers of firearms?

Is it possible that your statement is all WHACK ???

I currently have two friends with college students taking courses in Sweden...would like to know just where you got that idea :confused:
These parents did their research and decided that given the stats on violent crimes/number of hand guns/sexual assualts per capita that this was the safest country to allow their two daughters to study abroad...so I'm real curious as to the: what article you read, where the information/data was collected...any links???

Is it possible that your statement is all WHACK ???

I currently have two friends with college students taking courses in Sweden...would like to know just where you got that idea :confused:
These parents did their research and decided that given the stats on violent crimes/number of hand guns/sexual assualts per capita that this was the safest country to allow their two daughters to study abroad...so I'm real curious as to the: what article you read, where the information/data was collected...any links???

May I humbly suggest that you read his post again carefully? He never mentioned "Sweden". In case you have a reading problem, or you were asleep in high school, and even though Sweden and Switzerland both start with "Sw", they are different countries. Of course, I could be wrong.

Nevertheless, Switzerland, being a very small country that could be quickly over-run by invading armies, the Swiss have for many years had a policy of a "dispersed arsenal", wherein the assault weapons, with ammunition, were "dispersed" among reservists (privet homes). Now however, the weapons are rendered into semi-auto, and allowed to be retained by former military. Guns and ammo ownership is Switzerland, is made easy and convenient to its citizens. This is common knowledge (except anti-gun people) that is easily researched on the Internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

Werbung:
Dahermit Said:
May I humbly suggest that you read his post again carefully? He never mentioned "Sweden". In case you have a reading problem, or you were asleep in high school, and even though Sweden and Switzerland both start with "Sw", they are different countries. Of course, I could be wrong.

Nope you are quite right and I stand 'CORRECTED' and I can only plead that early hours and lack of sleep...I misread the statement...TY for the clarification!!!

But the shock from a statement of 'having assault rifles' in very household was quite sensational and needs research' ;)

Back