Washington Gov. Gregoire resonds to BillO

Popeye

You may have noticed in the news, but particularly if you watch the BillO show on Faux, this so called outrage over a display by atheists in the Capital in Olympia. The atheists’ plaque, which talks about how religion enslaves minds and declares there are no gods or devils or angels, is placed near a Nativity scene.

Well, all this has set O'Reilly off on one of his "war on Christmas" tangents, Keith Olbermann has gotten into it and now Gov. Gregoire has responded to all those that would suppress our First Amendment rights.

First here's Olbermann, putting Billo in his place and most importantly..this tempest in a teapot into perspective. Then you have the joint statement issued by Gov. Gregoire and AG McKenna

"Last year, after a federal lawsuit was filed against the state of Washington by the Alliance Defense Fund, the state’s Department of General Administration set forth a policy allowing individuals or groups to sponsor a display regardless of that individual’s or group’s views.

"The Legislative Building belongs to all citizens of Washington state, and houses the state Legislature, as well as the offices of several state-elected executives, including the governor. The U.S. Supreme Court has been consistent and clear that, under the Constitution’s First Amendment, once government admits one religious display or viewpoint onto public property, it may not discriminate against the content of other displays, including the viewpoints of non-believers."

http://www.theolympian.com/politicsblog/story/685284.html

Werbung:
the horrible woman is getting over 200 calls an hour over this.

I think its funny, I really cant stand that horrible horrible woman

She's an excellent governor and, as you know, she easily won reelection. So while we in Washington state appreciate your input, you are once again in the distinct minority. BillO the clown and his followers are too.

BTW, here's what the plaque in question actually says. Personally I see nothing wrong with it..

"At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."

She's an excellent governor and, as you know, she easily won reelection. So while we in Washington state appreciate your input, you are once again in the distinct minority. BillO the clown and his followers are too.

BTW, here's what the plaque in question actually says. Personally I see nothing wrong with it..

"At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."

Winning a re election would mean she was actually elected in the first place and you know she was not. Rossi won that first election and only in the FOURTH recount did she win when they "found" a box of ballots all cast for her in the basement of some building. Not to mention more people voted in King County than actually are residents of King county.

But she did win this election from what I can tell fairly.

I think her letting this happen proves poor judgment on her part and apparently so do about 200 people an hour :)

Atheists are a group of people that I will never understand. If they don’t like Christian or Jewish holidays then fine do something else no one is making them participate. But they are not happy unless they can insult others.

No one including Christians would tolerate a Christian to put up a sign saying atheist’s hardens hearts and enslaves minds. I think by far atheists are the hardest and coldest group out there, by far the least giving and also the most unhappy but it would be terrible of me to go put it on a sign post or invade one of their conventions and post a note about what I think of them.

Winning a re election would mean she was actually elected in the first place and you know she was not. Rossi won that first election and only in the FOURTH recount did she win when they "found" a box of ballots all cast for her in the basement of some building. Not to mention more people voted in King County than actually are residents of King county.
We've been through all that...the courts sided with Gregoire, and I might add this last election reaffirms her first election.

No Obamanation said:
I think her letting this happen proves poor judgment on her part and apparently so do about 200 people an hour :)
199 out of every 200 is a Faux News viewer or one of our local conservative talk radio listeners (this has been great fodder for hate radio). I doubt if Gregoire is going to worry too much about what the right wing thinks of her.

No Obamanation said:
Atheists are a group of people that I will never understand. If they don’t like Christian or Jewish holidays then fine do something else no one is making them participate. But they are not happy unless they can insult others.

No one including Christians would tolerate a Christian to put up a sign saying atheist’s hardens hearts and enslaves minds. I think by far atheists are the hardest and coldest group out there, by far the least giving and also the most unhappy but it would be terrible of me to go put it on a sign post or invade one of their conventions and post a note about what I think of them.

With every Nativity scene, the clear implication is that if you don't believe in what amounts to myths and fairy tales, you are going to burn for eternity. You want hard and cold that's hard and cold...in other words, believe like I do, or suffer in agony until time itself ends...what kind of hateful nonsense is that?

All this could be alleviated, plaques like the one in question wouldn't be needed, if people of faith would just keep their beliefs to themselves. Not in government, not in politics, no displays on public property...just keep the religious beliefs where they belong..behind closed doors in church and at home.

We've been through all that...the courts sided with Gregoire, and I might add this last election reaffirms her first election.

This is beautiful :)

can you tell me what you think about Florida 2000? :)

courts sided with bush, and his re election reaffirms his first election

but at least in his case he actually won the first and second count, she lost the first three :) and only was able to pull it off with mystery ballots

With every Nativity scene, the clear implication is that if you don't believe in what amounts to myths and fairy tales, you are going to burn for eternity. You want hard and cold that's hard and cold...in other words, believe like I do, or suffer in agony until time itself ends...what kind of hateful nonsense is that?

All this could be alleviated, plaques like the one in question wouldn't be needed, if people of faith would just keep their beliefs to themselves. Not in government, not in politics, no displays on public property...just keep the religious beliefs where they belong..behind closed doors in church and at home.

what exactly about a nativity scene implies you will burn in hell for eternity ?

through out US history its something people have done in thier cities, they probably should stop doing it because the crazed freaks on the far left get their panties in a tight little bunch over it.

instead of bashing religions why dont they go start a food bank or help the homeless

I dont even consider myself a christian, I dont celebrate christmas I think its a pagan holiday (though I do let my daughter have a tree since she wants it and I buy her presents ) but I would rather buy her presents a week later when everything is on sale and I am totally offended at the idea people say jesus was born on christmas when he wasnt. Other pagan sun gods were and that is how we got the date.

but Christans who believe in it have a right to it and it is the one and only FEDERAL religous holiday (HOLY DAY)

You don`t have to be a christian. Many people have different beliefs
and I respect that. But the that atheist sign that was put up condems
without respect.

someone stole the stupid sign
so I guess issue is over?

No, whoever stole the sign, presumably some right wing religious nut, dropped it off at Seattle radio station KMPS. As of Friday night, the sign had been put back in place along with an addition..."Thou shall not steal."

Annie Laurie Gaylor of Madison, Wis., a co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said the group has displayed a similar sign in the Wisconsin Capitol for more than a decade, and has gotten used to this sort of response. For the first few years, opponents of the anti-religious message have turned the sign to face the wall, stolen it and even showered it with acid, she said.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/559301.html

No, whoever stole the sign, presumably some right wing religious nut, dropped it off at Seattle radio station KMPS. As of Friday night, the sign had been put back in place along with an addition..."Thou shall not steal."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/559301.html

That is funny, they added one of the commandments to the sign that speaks against the commandments and religion in the first place,

those guys must really be missing a few brain cells. I bet they smoke too much pot

That is funny, they added one of the commandments to the sign that speaks against the commandments and religion in the first place,

those guys must really be missing a few brain cells. I bet they smoke too much pot

I believe they were being sarcastic while pointing out some obvious hypocrisy.....anyway since it's the religious whackjobs that endanger the sign, it's best to speak in a language they understand.

Werbung:
While I do like Fox News, and generally agree with Bill O'Reilly, he's dead wrong on this one, as Megyn Kelly very clearly pointed out to him, twice. The First Amendment is clear, "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech...", and it doesn't matter if you agree with that speech or not.

That's one of the reasons that I like FoxNews, they are, at least compared to the rest of the media, far more "fair and balanced" because they constantly bring on people who represent both sides of the argument, and generally allow them to make their case. As far as Keith Olbermann, he needs to go back to doing something he actually knows something about, like sniffing jock straps and talking about other people's ERA's (mainly because he never actually played a sport), because as a political commentator, he's an embarassment.

Back