We dont have a spending problem part II

dogtowner

Staff member
surprise surprise, BO wants more taxes

President Barack Obama said there is “no doubt” the government needs new revenue from closing tax “loopholes” and limiting deductions, along with enacting spending cuts, to reduce the federal deficit.

There’s “no reason why we can’t have really strong growth in 2013,” the president said in an interview with CBS television today before the network’s Super Bowl broadcast. He cited a recovering housing industry, strong manufacturing and rising car sales.

“There is no doubt we need additional revenue, coupled with smart spending reductions in order to bring down our deficit,” he said. “I don’t think the issue right now is raising rates.”

apart from the fact that NOONE thinks its possible not just in 2013 but for the foreseeable future.

“Washington cannot continually operate under a cloud of crisis,” Obama said on CBS. “That freezes up consumers, it gets businesses worried. We can’t afford these self-inflicted wounds.”

He said the prescription for economic growth is through “a balanced approach” of spending cuts and increases in revenue that he said a majority of Americans agree with.

“We can’t have Washington dysfunction getting in the way,” the president said.

Do you agree with that ? I sure don't.

and that cloud of crisis is real and ignoring it doesnt does not fix the problem.

Werbung:
Werbung:
Progressive Definition of the phrase, "A balanced approach" : Higher taxes and increases in overall spending.

Ever since I was a kid, my dad would always say; "tax and spend, tax and spend". Seems like not much has changed.

Back