What would you do?

Not directly from the illegals, of course, as they have no lobby, but from the employers of illegals.

yes tax money paid in but not out. not sure about campaign money but i suspect LaRaza does this among others.

I think a lot of people would pick crops rather than be out of work and collecting unemployment if they could make more by working.

however that's not the case

but unemployment insurance predates the Great Society by many years. I remember the loggers collecting "rocking chair money" in winter when dirt roads were closed when I was a kid in the '50s.

which is why I marked the Great Society as the problem b y creating the welfare state.

I can also remember citizens picking crops in the '60s in my grandfather's orchard, and American families living in labor camps when I was working with migrant workers in the '70s. Not being able to pick crops without illegal labor is a new phenomenon.

Great Society made the labor intensive stuff sufficiently un attractive in concert with regulation from the admittedly overbearing conditions pre-40's.

Werbung:
yes tax money paid in but not out. not sure about campaign money but i suspect LaRaza does this among others.

however that's not the case

which is why I marked the Great Society as the problem b y creating the welfare state.

Great Society made the labor intensive stuff sufficiently un attractive in concert with regulation from the admittedly overbearing conditions pre-40's.

Maybe, but it must have taken a while. The Great Society was mid '60s, and crops were still being harvested by citizens of this welfare state into the '70s. I'm not sure just when we lost the ability to gather our own food.

Meanwhile, nobody in Washington seems to have the will to protect the sovereignty of the nation by putting an end to illegal immigration. Like so many of our problems, it has come down to finger pointing and accusations rather than any real action. Our government is dysfunctional.

Maybe, but it must have taken a while. The Great Society was mid '60s, and crops were still being harvested by citizens of this welfare state into the '70s. I'm not sure just when we lost the ability to gather our own food.

Meanwhile, nobody in Washington seems to have the will to protect the sovereignty of the nation by putting an end to illegal immigration. Like so many of our problems, it has come down to finger pointing and accusations rather than any real action. Our government is dysfunctional.

Well this guy helped things along. And the GS didn't come on like a switch, took a little time to build out.

Neither party wants to stop illegal immigration though a few in either party want to do something.

Werbung:
I'm not so sure that guy was in favor of illegal immigration. It doesn't make sense that he would have been.

But, yes, there are a few who want to end it, and a whole lot more who give the idea lip service only.

unionizing farm workers helped, um, "inspire" use of illegals. an unintended consequence.

there are those few who want to end it and just a few who actually want to declare amnesty. the rest, yes, lip service only.

Back