Why do people HATE Ron Paul and his policies?

Mr.Dysfunctional

Just starting up a thread in responce to GenSeca...

Honestly not sure why people are in such dis-like of him... but for those of us so far gone off the beaten track.. So disillusion from a government and political system that can only LIE to get into power now a days.. constantly back-peddling , floundering wishy-washy Bull**** that I see on the political stage of today.. I keep thinking the more I hear about his candaicy that its a breath of fresh air and a step in the right direction.

Bring on the flamage :D

Werbung:
First, you take for granted that people have ANY clue what his policies are... much less who he is or what he's done. So I will help you out:

Ron Paul, Representative in the US House of Representatives. Background information HERE.
ronpaul2008b.jpg

Ron Paul on the ISSUES

Our Money:

Who benefits from inflation? Only those who are at the top of the pyramid and receive all that new money directly from the source. As you might have guessed by now, the source is the Federal Reserve, and its recipients include the government which “borrows” a lot of new money each year, without any intention of ever paying it back. Another beneficiary these days are failed banks that are being “bailed out” for the good of the “economy”, or defense contractors that receive money to build up our military so we can have a constant presence all over the world and fight never-ending and unnecessary wars.....

There is only one possible solution to the inflation problem: Stop creating money out of thin air. But we’re already in such a mess that the only way to have a real impact on the money supply is to increase interest rates so that people pay back their loans and borrow less money from the banks, which decreases the amount of money in circulation. However, higher interest rates might very well crash the economy. So the Fed’s current “solution” to overcoming inflation is… creating even more of it....

But that won’t happen “before tomorrow morning” or even this year. Ron Paul believes that the first step towards monetary freedom is to allow open competition in currencies. Once gold and silver are allowed as legal tender and can be sold without sales tax, everyone can use them to store their wealth and to pay for the things they want to buy. The Federal Reserve will finally have a very compelling motivation to stay honest and maintain the value of the dollar because if they don’t, they will simply lose all their customers.

Ron Paul has been an advocate of the gold standard and open competition in currencies for many years. He is the Federal Reserve’s most outspoken opponent in Congress and has frequently questioned Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke about the Fed’s actions.

Paul is against our FIAT currency and wishes to return us to a gold standard.

National Defense:

If you hit someone and kill their family, they will hate you and probably hit you back in the future.

That’s what blowback is all about. It seems like such a simple concept, but many of Ron Paul’s former opponents for the Presidency vehemently denied its validity.

America first. That is what Ron Paul’s national defense proposal is all about. And with America he means all Americans, not just the elite. If elected President, Ron Paul will continue his efforts to secure our borders, hunt down the 9/11 terrorist planners (who are still at large), safely withdraw our troops from Iraq and other countries around the world, and finally overhaul the intelligence apparatus in cooperation with intelligence professionals rather than political opportunists.

Border Security:

Ron Paul’s six point plan puts a stop to illegal immigration:

1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Civil Liberties:

[W]e’re blindly marching towards a dark future where the government knows everything about you but you know nothing about the government.

The “Patriot” Act, which was supposed to fight terrorism, allows the government to snoop on average citizens, obtain nationwide search warrants without local judicial oversight, monitor private Internet usage (that includes our emails and surfing habits), search our homes and offices without our knowledge, and force libraries and bookstores to turn over our reading records.

There is no financial privacy left in this country.
Medical privacy has deteriorated in a similar manner.

Ron Paul is one of the nation’s foremost defenders of our privacy. He keeps fighting against misguided Know Your Customer rules and the misnamed “Patriot” Act.

Health Care:

Some politicians say that they want to provide “free” health care for everyone. And it sounds great… free is always wonderful, right? Wrong. It’s not free because if it kills you, it costs you your life. Do you really believe that Obama, Hillary or McCain care about your health and your life? While sending your brothers, fathers, sons and husbands straight into the line of fire? They will promise whatever sounds good to get elected, no matter the final cost to people with real lives and real health problems.

History has shown that government is an inefficient manager. As soon as the world’s largest bureaucracy starts to mess with the private affairs of its citizens, things go downhill, and future generations will have it even more difficult to make changes for the better.

As a medical doctor, Ron Paul swore the Hippocratic Oath many decades ago. His entire person and career is a monument to the beauty and sanctity of human life. Ron Paul knows that life without health can be very difficult and is not what it was meant to be.

The government’s original role is to protect our freedoms and restrain itself from causing too much harm. Ron Paul is working to prevent greedy bureaucrats and opportunist politicians from having any sort of unhealthy influence over our bodies and minds.

Ron Paul's Congressional Site

Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
--------------
Thats as flowery as I'm going to get with the guy. I've run out of room to retort so I will have to lay the smack down on Ron Paul in another post.

He said OIF was "un-Constitutonal", therefore he's a BARKING MOONBAT who needs to be hooded like a falcon!

He sat right there in the room when the Declaration of War was voted on, and he voted against it, so now he's running around playing his "sour grapes" game, and sounding like a drooling IDIOT!

The ONLY thing I did not like about Ron Paul was his policy on Israel.

Even if they were being attacked and in need of our aid, he said he would not send help.

I understand not being the worlds police department but I really feel strongly when our friends need us we help.

Other than that, I liked pretty much everything about him.

The ONLY thing I did not like about Ron Paul was his policy on Israel.

Even if they were being attacked and in need of our aid, he said he would not send help.

I understand not being the worlds police department but I really feel strongly when our friends need us we help.

Other than that, I liked pretty much everything about him.

Ok here's a question for you... Georgia is being invaded right now... should we rush over and bail there ass out too?

Ok here's a question for you... Georgia is being invaded right now... should we rush over and bail there ass out too?

no I wouldnt have

the situation there is differnt

just because a friend says help you dont sent troops

but when Iran says daily they want to drive israel into the sea, they are the little satan, all of israel will be off the map exc. exc.

and if iran should attack, yes i think we should do what ever we can to help.

but always give the situation a bit to take care of its self, like this russia thing is doing now.

no I wouldnt have

but when Iran says daily they want to drive israel into the sea, they are the little satan, all of israel will be off the map exc. exc.

but always give the situation a bit to take care of its self, like this russia thing is doing now.

What exaclty do you think will happen when we attack Iran then.. cause mind you.. it will be Isreal that attacks first. Not only that but Iran knows full well that Isreal is the best armed, most well trained military force in the area. If iran does anything it will be thru Economic means and not military might.
Also a growing movement has started in Iran that might suprise you.. MODERATES!!! Yes Moderates who are tired of the same old " lets kill Isreal " routine by the current administration. http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2006/03/iran_moderates_.html
The situation can easily be resolved by allowing time and further U.N. inquisition to their nuclear needs to proceed...

Again.. what if North Korea Invaded SK ? should we jump to there rescue also ? Also.. do you honestly think that the administration would simply ignore Isreal's plight the face of a full scale invasion? I seriously doubt it considering the larger Jewish power base in America.

You know.. or we could continue bailing countries out of their giant long standing rivialiaries at the cost of American lives.

BTW Russia has already stated that it would like to wipe the Georgia government off the face of the world.

Russian President Dimitry Medvedev has announced the end of military operations in the Caucasus for the time being. According to sources in Moscow, some in the Russian military found it very painful to have to halt the advance just 90 kilometers from the office of Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili. The hardliners would have loved nothing more than to do a bit of clearing up in the headquarters of this Georgian hothead.

but yet we are sitting by waiting for the results to poll in there. :D

no I wouldnt have

BTW.. Um they call us worse... yet you see us unphased and have yet to shove a nuclear bomb up their @$$es

BTW.. Um they call us worse... yet you see us unphased and have yet to shove a nuclear bomb up their @$$es

Yes they call us worse, we are the great satan, where Israel is only the little satan.

really i am not as concerned with what they can do to us, they cant hit us with a bomb from there, but they can hurt israel.

i think they need to be delt with for sure, but ron paul said he would only fight if the attacked us on our land. thats to late for my thinking.

Yes they call us worse, we are the great satan, where Israel is only the little satan.

really i am not as concerned with what they can do to us, they cant hit us with a bomb from there, but they can hurt israel.

i think they need to be delt with for sure, but ron paul said he would only fight if the attacked us on our land. thats to late for my thinking.

Considering their geographical location, I think the analogy of Israel as the Canary in the mine is an apt comparison. - GenSeneca, the unapologetic Zionist

Considering their geographical location, I think the analogy of Israel as the Canary in the mine is an apt comparison. - GenSeneca, the unapologetic Zionist

ah I am glad you are Zionist. I am to some degree, used to be without question but now Its a bit differnt.

But it is so nice to know others out there care about Israel too. It seems rare and getting more so.

Werbung:

I think they need to be dealt with for sure, but Ron Paul said he would only fight if the attacked us on our land. thats to late for my thinking.

Honestly I concede defeat on this issue... I to don't unflinchingly support this idea. However I wouldn't be a very good debater if i didn't try to support the argument in some form. You picked out the one thing i'm not a giant fan of.. however... besides siting Israel ,.. I'm not sure how i could see not applying the argument to nearly every other nation out there (( minus England.. and .. maybe.. MAYBE Canada if they promise to deport UShadit )) :p

Back