1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Why do people HATE Ron Paul and his policies?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr.Dysfunctional, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mr.Dysfunctional

Mr.Dysfunctional New Member

Just starting up a thread in responce to GenSeca...

Honestly not sure why people are in such dis-like of him... but for those of us so far gone off the beaten track.. So disillusion from a government and political system that can only LIE to get into power now a days.. constantly back-peddling , floundering wishy-washy Bull**** that I see on the political stage of today.. I keep thinking the more I hear about his candaicy that its a breath of fresh air and a step in the right direction.

Bring on the flamage :D

2. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

First, you take for granted that people have ANY clue what his policies are... much less who he is or what he's done. So I will help you out:

Ron Paul, Representative in the US House of Representatives. Background information HERE.
    [​IMG]

Ron Paul on the ISSUES

Our Money:

Paul is against our FIAT currency and wishes to return us to a gold standard.

National Defense:

Border Security:

Civil Liberties:

Health Care:

Ron Paul's Congressional Site

Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    --------------
    Thats as flowery as I'm going to get with the guy. I've run out of room to retort so I will have to lay the smack down on Ron Paul in another post.

1 person likes this.
  3. Federal Farmer

Federal Farmer New Member

He said OIF was "un-Constitutonal", therefore he's a BARKING MOONBAT who needs to be hooded like a falcon!

He sat right there in the room when the Declaration of War was voted on, and he voted against it, so now he's running around playing his "sour grapes" game, and sounding like a drooling IDIOT!

4. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

The ONLY thing I did not like about Ron Paul was his policy on Israel.

Even if they were being attacked and in need of our aid, he said he would not send help.

I understand not being the worlds police department but I really feel strongly when our friends need us we help.

Other than that, I liked pretty much everything about him.

5. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

Is that the same Ron Paul who is the 9/11 conspiracy theory wingnut pie in the sky libertarian?

6. Mr.Dysfunctional

Ok here's a question for you... Georgia is being invaded right now... should we rush over and bail there ass out too?

7. Mr.Dysfunctional

Ty GenSenca for doing what I should have done:)

8. Pandora

no I wouldnt have

the situation there is differnt

just because a friend says help you dont sent troops

but when Iran says daily they want to drive israel into the sea, they are the little satan, all of israel will be off the map exc. exc.

and if iran should attack, yes i think we should do what ever we can to help.

but always give the situation a bit to take care of its self, like this russia thing is doing now.

9. Mr.Dysfunctional

What exaclty do you think will happen when we attack Iran then.. cause mind you.. it will be Isreal that attacks first. Not only that but Iran knows full well that Isreal is the best armed, most well trained military force in the area. If iran does anything it will be thru Economic means and not military might.
    Also a growing movement has started in Iran that might suprise you.. MODERATES!!! Yes Moderates who are tired of the same old " lets kill Isreal " routine by the current administration. http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2006/03/iran_moderates_.html
    The situation can easily be resolved by allowing time and further U.N. inquisition to their nuclear needs to proceed...

Again.. what if North Korea Invaded SK ? should we jump to there rescue also ? Also.. do you honestly think that the administration would simply ignore Isreal's plight the face of a full scale invasion? I seriously doubt it considering the larger Jewish power base in America.

You know.. or we could continue bailing countries out of their giant long standing rivialiaries at the cost of American lives.

10. Mr.Dysfunctional

BTW Russia has already stated that it would like to wipe the Georgia government off the face of the world.

but yet we are sitting by waiting for the results to poll in there. :D

11. Mr.Dysfunctional

BTW.. Um they call us worse... yet you see us unphased and have yet to shove a nuclear bomb up their @$$es

12. Pandora

Yes they call us worse, we are the great satan, where Israel is only the little satan.

really i am not as concerned with what they can do to us, they cant hit us with a bomb from there, but they can hurt israel.

i think they need to be delt with for sure, but ron paul said he would only fight if the attacked us on our land. thats to late for my thinking.

13. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Considering their geographical location, I think the analogy of Israel as the Canary in the mine is an apt comparison. - GenSeneca, the unapologetic Zionist

14. Pandora

ah I am glad you are Zionist. I am to some degree, used to be without question but now Its a bit differnt.

But it is so nice to know others out there care about Israel too. It seems rare and getting more so.

15. Mr.Dysfunctional

Honestly I concede defeat on this issue... I to don't unflinchingly support this idea. However I wouldn't be a very good debater if i didn't try to support the argument in some form. You picked out the one thing i'm not a giant fan of.. however... besides siting Israel ,.. I'm not sure how i could see not applying the argument to nearly every other nation out there (( minus England.. and .. maybe.. MAYBE Canada if they promise to deport UShadit )) :p