Why liberals think they are "mainstream"

Werbung:
If you have a "lberal" president, then the majority of people must have voted for him.

Sore loser is all I can think.

Go and live in Singapore.

Comrade Stalin

You're confusing the "majority" of the VOTERS with the "majority" of the U.S. population, but that's not surprising.

Obama will lose next year. He has already lost the independent and moderate voters, and there is no way he will get them back, especially as the economy worsens, and it will get MUCH worse.

The lamestream news media will do everything they can to trumpet Obama's "successes", and the Obamanistas will do everything they can to post "false positive" economic statistics, but it will all fail.

As John Adams said, facts are stubborn things. When you come to terms with the Gallup chart, call me back. :p

Okey Dokey. I just spent some time on the Gallup website and I found some interesting things.

The first thing. GIGO, Garbage In Garbage Out. Gallup doesn't differentiate between Liberals and Progressives. If the Liberals taking these polls are anything like me, then they're calling themselves moderate rather than be lumped in with the Progressives. I've done that myself, just not with Gallup.

You are trying to make the case that conservatives are a majority in this country. To your credit you did produce a poll from Gallup supporting that. The problem is that if you look at the single issue polls on the Gallup site, you lose your argument.

Gay Marraige. In a conservative country there shouldn't be a lot of support for it, right? You've said that.

From the Gallup site:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/First-Time-Majority-Americans-Favor-Legal-Gay-Marriage.aspx

How does this happen in a country that is majority conservative? The answer is it doesn't, you are wrong. There are more of these single issue polls on the Gallup website, we can go over them issue by issue if you really want to.

Okey Dokey. I just spent some time on the Gallup website and I found some interesting things.

The first thing. GIGO, Garbage In Garbage Out. Gallup doesn't differentiate between Liberals and Progressives. If the Liberals taking these polls are anything like me, then they're calling themselves moderate rather than be lumped in with the Progressives. I've done that myself, just not with Gallup.

Differentiating between libs and "progressives" (aka leftwing extremists) is like trying to discriminate between "moderate" nazis and "extreme" nazis in wwII - a difference that would only be of interest to nazis. :rolleyes:

You are trying to make the case that conservatives are a majority in this country. To your credit you did produce a poll from Gallup supporting that.

To my credit I can back up ANYTHING I say.

The problem is that if you look at the single issue polls on the Gallup site, you lose your argument.

"Issues" weren't relevent to that poll.

Gay Marraige. In a conservative country there shouldn't be a lot of support for it, right? You've said that.

From the Gallup site:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/First-Time-Majority-Americans-Favor-Legal-Gay-Marriage.aspx

How does this happen in a country that is majority conservative? The answer is it doesn't, you are wrong. There are more of these single issue polls on the Gallup website, we can go over them issue by issue if you really want to.

The biggest "pro" category on that was the younger age group - people who have gone through years and years of pro-gay propaganda in K12 schools and in the lib media and in college - they are basically uninformed on the "anti" side. When people receive a fair exposition on both sides, they become "anti", as happened in TWO popular votes in liberal california. There, the issue received a complete airing of both sides.

You are trying to make the case that conservatives are a majority in this country. To your credit you did produce a poll from Gallup supporting that. The problem is that if you look at the single issue polls on the Gallup site, you lose your argument.

From the Gallup site:

I'm sure that, in the interest of intellectual honesty and your strong desire for objectivity, you also do this same sort of extensive investigation on all polls and polling organizations that cast Republicans/conservatives in a negative light.

Yeah, right. :D;)

Werbung:
Differentiating between libs and "progressives" (aka leftwing extremists) is like trying to discriminate between "moderate" nazis and "extreme" nazis in wwII - a difference that would only be of interest to nazis. :rolleyes:

To my credit I can back up ANYTHING I say.

"Issues" weren't relevent to that poll.

The biggest "pro" category on that was the younger age group - people who have gone through years and years of pro-gay propaganda in K12 schools and in the lib media and in college - they are basically uninformed on the "anti" side. When people receive a fair exposition on both sides, they become "anti", as happened in TWO popular votes in liberal california. There, the issue received a complete airing of both sides.

OK, it's been a few hours. I was hoping someone else would have caught this and jumped in, but I guess no one really cares about this thread so I'm going to go ahead and bring it up now. The poll you put up, the one that is supposed to back up your statement that a majority of people in this country are conservatives, shows a minority of conservatives. I suggest you buy a dictionary and look up the meaning of "majority" before you attempt to use it. I gave this almost a full day and no one else jumped in with that. I guess no one else here really cares to read anything that you put up and I'm now leaning that way myself because of your Nazi blast. Nice one, really good stuff from you, you should be proud.

Social issues do matter. When I asked you to define "Liberal" earlier in the thread you brought up almost nothing but social issues. Now they don't matter? Whatever.

In summary, you have not addressed your original concern about bias, you have put up a poll that actually proves that you are incorrect about most people being conservative, you have invoked Godwin's Law, and you can't seem to decide whether or not social issues matter at all when trying to determine someone's political lean. Unless you come up with a rational argument really fast, I'm pretty much done with you in this thread.

Back