2008 Election/Gonzogate

TVoffBrainOn

I happen to think Greg Palast is one of the best investigatvie reporters around these days. His work on the 2000 and 2004 elections, as well as Hurricane Katrina is fabulous. Here's a great interview where Palast discusses the voter suppression and caging tactics used in the 00 and 04 elections as well as the linkage between the Attorney Firings/Gonzogate scandal and Karl Rove's mad genius to steal the 08 elections.

Here's another one i hope USMC will read...

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/interviews/061

small excerpt:

BuzzFlash: You’re having incredible success with the new expanded paperback edition of Armed Madhouse: From Baghdad to New Orleans -- Sordid Secrets and Strange Tales of a White House Gone Wild. Of course, the electronic voting machines and how they function is a very significant issue, but your specialty has really been how the Bush/Rove GOP political machine keeps persons who are likely to vote Democratic or Independent from voting.

Greg Palast: Yes. People ask me: Are they going to steal the 2008 election? No, they’ve already stolen the 2008 election. We still have a chance of swiping it back, but the reason I’ve expanded and put out the new edition of Armed Madhouse is to tell you how they will steal in 2008, and what to do about it. That’s one of the main new things. Plus a special chapter on New Orleans and my bust down there.

Of course, I was very flattered that the first review of the new edition of Armed Madhouse was written by Karl Rove and the Rove-bots -- it was subpoenaed by the House Judiciary Committee -- I can’t make this up. On February 7th, the Rove team, which had been writing several e-mails screaming about Armed Madhouse and "that British reporter," Greg Palast, were gloating that no U.S. media had picked up my stories. And they had a .pdf file attached. Of course, the reason my book was subpoenaed is that it has to do with the US prosecutor firings. The prosecutor firings were 100% about influencing elections -- not about loyalty to Bush, which is what The New York Times wrote. The administration team couldn’t tolerate appointees who wouldn’t go along with crime. In the book I present the evidence that Karl Rove directed a guy named Tim Griffin to target suppressing the votes of African American students, homeless men, and soldiers. Nice guy. They actually challenged the votes and successfully removed tens of thousands of legal voters from the voter rolls, same as they did in 2000. But instead of calling them felons, they said that they had suspect addresses.

BuzzFlash: In which election cycle?

Greg Palast: 2004. And in 2006 and 2004, they challenged tens of thousands of black soldiers. They stopped their votes from being counted when they were mailed in from Baghdad. Go to Baghdad and lose your vote -- mission accomplished.

BuzzFlash: How did they do that?

Greg Palast: By sending letters to the homes of soldiers, marked "do not forward." When they came back undelivered, they said: Aha! Illegal voter registered from a false address. And when their ballot came in from Fallujah, it was challenged. The soldier didn’t know it. Their vote was lost. Over half a million votes were challenged and lost by the Republicans -- absentee ballots. Three million voters who went to the polls found themselves challenged by the Republicans. This was not a small operation. It was a multi-million dollar, wholesale theft operation.

They’re right that I’m a British reporter, because I put this story on British TV, not on American TV, which won’t touch it. [BuzzFlash note: Palast writes for British papers and reports on the BBC, but he is a product of the San Fernando Valley and the University of Chicago, 100% American.] But our election was a complete, total fraud. This is grand theft -- no question. It’s not a dirty trick; it’s a felony crime.

I’m working with Bobby Kennedy, who is a voting rights attorney. He said, “This is not just an icky, horrible thing that people do wearing white sheets. This is a felony crime.” [paraphrase] And the guy they put in charge of this criminal ring to knock out voters is a guy named Tim Griffin. Today, Tim Griffin is -- badda-bing -- U.S. Attorney for Arkansas. When they fired the honest guys, they put in the Rove-bots to fix the 2008 election. That’s what I’m saying -- it’s already being stolen, as we speak. Tim Griffin is the perpetrator who’s become the prosecutor, and that’s what’s going down right now.

Werbung:
Subverting the American Justice Department to be little more than and arm of the RNC is only one of many grounds for impeachment out there. Every crime left unpunished creates a precident for future presidents to hold up as acceptable practice by the office. To not prosecute these high crimes is one of the largest mistakes the congress and the people could make. The very structure of our government is at stake!

Subverting the American Justice Department to be little more than and arm of the RNC is only one of many grounds for impeachment out there. Every crime left unpunished creates a precident for future presidents to hold up as acceptable practice by the office. To not prosecute these high crimes is one of the largest mistakes the congress and the people could make. The very structure of our government is at stake!

I couldn't agree more... the next thing you know the spawn of USMC will be on here reciting it as historical precedent.

Werbung:
there will be NO elections in 2008 you all need to wake up
Bush is gonna try an end run on the white house using a directive that was issued may 9 2007

which will allow him to remain "In Control" until the emergency has been quelled you heard it here first no whining when it happens either.and remember Katrina stock up on water and food and medicines..........or be at the Whims of FEMA and the FEDS your choice regiser one Bury 2 .....wake up people its your lives at stake the American way of Life

youll see

Back