30 Good Things President Trump Has Done for America

30. Welcoming evangelical Christians into positions of influence: This may not be important to others, but, speaking as an evangelical Christian, I see it as a positive factor that, rather than marginalizing evangelical Christians (as was the practice of the Obama administration), President Trump has appointed a remarkably large number of evangelicals to high government offices. These include Vice President Mike Pence, Ben Carson (Secretary of Housing and Urban Development), Betsy DeVos (Secretary of Education), Rick Perry (former Secretary of Energy), Scott Pruitt (former Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency), Dan Coats (former Director of National Intelligence), Mike Pompeo (Secretary of State), Russ Vought (Director of Office of Management and Budget), and Kayleigh McEnany (White House Press Secretary), and others.

In addition, he has frequently welcomed evangelical pastors and other leaders to the White House, for both public and private conversations.

Werbung:
why do you expect me to spend the time to refute what you posted? lol.

you want to post of and over from a cut and paste source, go for it.

you need to prove they were all "good for america", moron. your claim, your proof :)

I don't expect you to do anything except be the totally ignorant moron, and stupid retard that you are. You are making yourself look far more stupid than I ever could. Keep it up, pedophile lover

so you are unwilling to prove anything you posted is true?
exactly what I expected from a lazy right wing moron :)

but again, moron, no doubt trump has done some good things for the country. duh. everyone can do good things. Just like your stupid "virtues" thread. everyone has virtues.

but posting about "good things" and "virtues" without a balanced discussion of the other side of the coin is just mindless partisan stupidity. :)

not to mention that the list is clearly biased, and doesn't prove those items actually were good for america. lol

30. Welcoming evangelical Christians into positions of influence: This may not be important to others, but, speaking as an evangelical Christian, I see it as a positive factor that, rather than marginalizing evangelical Christians (as was the practice of the Obama administration), President Trump has appointed a remarkably large number of evangelicals to high government offices. These include Vice President Mike Pence, Ben Carson (Secretary of Housing and Urban Development), Betsy DeVos (Secretary of Education), Rick Perry (former Secretary of Energy), Scott Pruitt (former Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency), Dan Coats (former Director of National Intelligence), Mike Pompeo (Secretary of State), Russ Vought (Director of Office of Management and Budget), and Kayleigh McEnany (White House Press Secretary), and others.

In addition, he has frequently welcomed evangelical pastors and other leaders to the White House, for both public and private conversations.
I see you're a delusional godbotherer. Do you get special dispensation from god to ridicule your fellow man because you don't like his politics?
The lies etc you told about democrats, how does that fit with your silly god?
Yet you call yourself a Christian. You hypocrite.

lol, ben carson as head of HUD...of course, his theories about egyptian pyramids make him a good choice!
In a college commencement speech 17 years ago, Carson told the graduates of Andrews University in Michigan that it is his “personal” belief that the pyramids were built as storehouses for grain and not, as archaeologists say, for the interment of dead pharaohs

rick perry? Perry was discussing his jobs plan and his flat tax plan when he said: "And I will tell you, it is three agencies of government when I get there that are gone. Commerce, Education, and the... what's the third one there? Let's see."

kayleigh mceaney: "We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."
hahahahah
omg

maybe trump should have hired intelligent people, not pandered to evangelical christians and their stupidity.

It would have provoked the PRC into launching attacks which they might justify with the same arguments JFK might have made in the Cuban Missile Crisis.

oh i agree, but in another thread said person was whining about biden not doing that

30 Good Things President Trump Has Done for America

"President Trump receives non-stop criticism in the press. I agree that criticism is necessary when a president makes mistakes, but where are the voices expressing appreciation for the good things Trump has done? It’s unfair to always criticize and never recognize any of the good things a president has done.

It might be a refreshing change to recall some of the remarkable, nation-changing good things that Trump has accomplished for America. Here is my personal list.
"

MY NOTE: This article was written before Trump left office so some of the numbers of judge appointments are wrong, his third POTUS appointment is missing, the recent Roe decision is missing, and a few other things. I have made a few edits to fix them which will appear as Bright Blue.

The context: These 30 good actions have all been accomplished in spite of a remarkably hostile national media. The Media Research Center analyzed all the evaluative statements made by reporters, anchors, and nonpartisan sources (such as experts or voters but not people identified as Democrats or Republicans) during June and July of 2020 on “World News Tonight “ (ABC), “Evening News” (CBS), and “NBC Nightly News” (NBC). They counted 34 positive evaluative statements made about President Trump and 634 negative statements during those two months. By contrast, there were eight positive statements and four negative evaluative statements about Biden during the same time period. (Biden had become the presumptive Democratic nominee on April 8 when Bernie Sanders suspended his campaign.)

These numbers indicate that, for every time that viewers heard a negative evaluation of Biden, they heard 158 negative evaluations of Trump. For every positive statement they heard about Trump, they heard 18 negative statements. This is not balanced reporting, nor is it responsible journalism. Someone may object that the Media Research Center is a politically conservative content analysis organization, but that does not invalidate their tabulations, which I suspect would be consistent with the perceptions of any viewers who watch these newscasts for a few days. A similar kind of bias could also be seen on CNN or MSNBC.

Research director Rich Noyes at the Media Research Center was quoted as saying, “I have been studying the news media and elections for more than 35 years. Trust me – there has never been anything like it.” He called this “the most biased presidential campaign coverage in modern media history.”

I point out this media bias in order to observe that President Trump’s unwavering commitment to common-sense conservative political policies is remarkable. Few human beings would have the courage and strength of character to persist in the face of such overwhelmingly hostile mainstream news coverage. And he has not done this while avoiding the press but has held 17 solo press conferences and 44 joint press conferences in 3.5 years (as of July 20th) plus numerous less formal interchanges with the press when he leaves or returns to the White House by helicopter.

In addition, he has done all this while enduring 3.5 years of “resistance” by a massive special counsel investigation (that came to nothing), impeachment by the House (that came to nothing), and numerous nationwide injunctions against his executive orders issued by individual U.S. District Court judges. In this context, Trump’s resolute pursuit of the policies on which he campaigned seems to me to be commendable.

Divine blessing or divine judgment? Speaking as an evangelical Christian, I believe that God exercises providential control over the history of nations. The Old Testament says, “The Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will and sets over it the lowliest of men” (Daniel 4:17). Similarly, the New Testament says, “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God” (Romans 13:1).

But that doesn’t mean that all rulers are good. Sometimes God gives a nation oppressive rulers as a means of divine judgment, as when he led Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, to carry off the Jewish people into exile (2 Kings 24:10 - 25:21). At other times he gives leaders who will bring blessing to a nation, as when God led Cyrus, king of Persia, to decree that the Jewish people could return to their homeland (Ezra 1:1-4).

So here is a question for my fellow Christians: If you believe (as I do) that God is sovereign over the affairs of nations, do you think that Donald Trump’s presidency has been evidence of divine blessing or divine judgment? I admit that perceiving divine purposes in human events is a task that cannot be proved with certainty one way or another, but when I look over this list of 30 actions, it appears to me to be far more characteristic of divine blessing than of divine judgment. If others disagree, I respect your right to have a different opinion, but that is my view.

Werbung:
Back