A grim reality

I also believe that the weak deserve protection. I think libertarianism is a cold and heartless philosophy. I am not a Christian, but have some pantheistic feelings.

Many people do consider it to be cold. But it does not advocate heartlessness. It merely says that it is not the role of the state to take care of people. Individuals are free to be as compassionate and caring as they like.

Werbung:
We could spend days discussing poiltical philosophy, and why we believe what we believe, and why other people believe what they believe. I am very interested in why people form the ideological and religious beliefs. I often wonder if it is genetic in nature.

We could spend days discussing poiltical philosophy, and why we believe what we believe, and why other people believe what they believe. I am very interested in why people form the ideological and religious beliefs. I often wonder if it is genetic in nature.

Yes we could spend days. I have enjoyed exchanging a few questions. It has made me realize that you are not as easily pidgeonholed as I thought and that I too am quite mix of ideologies.

I also know that throughout my life I have held different views so I kinda doubt it is genetic. I know early I had not explored enough nor thought enough to form solid opinions. I am much further along now.

What you found was much the same as I found when you asked me if I was a Utilitarian and I had to look it up. Certainly, I realized (Palerider or Chip) that the person calling me that meant it as an insult.

I can see virtues, and serious flaws, in all three schools, and they are supposed to be the currently dominant schools of ethical thought. I sometimes think of myself as a Moral Relativist. Whatever POV a person may have, there are always going to be some flaws in their POV.

We walk in error all of our lives.

Medical science can keep people healthy and strong into their early 80s. .

Tell that to Jack LaLanne. Hell tell it to my grandmother. That's right. My grandmother. Oh, did I forget to mention that I am 62? She has had one hip and both knees replaced and still walks about 2.5 miles a day with my mom. People show up at the mall in the morning just to see her do it. My great grandfather died just about 20 years ago at 103. He fell off a tractor and was killed.

People who sit around and wait for death generally get what they want. People who live their lives tend to do just that.

Tell that to Jack LaLanne. Hell tell it to my grandmother. That's right. My grandmother. Oh, did I forget to mention that I am 62? She has had one hip and both knees replaced and still walks about 2.5 miles a day with my mom. People show up at the mall in the morning just to see her do it. My great grandfather died just about 20 years ago at 103. He fell off a tractor and was killed.

People who sit around and wait for death generally get what they want. People who live their lives tend to do just that.

It helps to come from the right gene pool also. Congratulations, it looks like you won the genetic lottery.

It helps to come from the right gene pool also. Congratulations, it looks like you won the genetic lottery.

Attitude and lifestyle are as important as genetics.

The point is that under a "grim reality" system such as samsara and so many liberals seem to advocate, my grandmother would have probably been denied the knee replacements when she was in her 70's and more than probably would have been denied the hip replacement in her middle 80's.

Government bureaucrats aren't qualified to determine whether anyone deserves medical treatment or whether a "cost benefit analysis" is sound for any particular individual. Any system that seeks to ration medical care based on superficial information is a travesty.

Werbung:
Are you saying that Oregon has "socialized medicine," and that is the cause of the case you cited?

I was under the impression that the universal medical care initiative that was on the ballot failed.:confused:

What voters say really does not matter in Oregon.

If the feds give a tax break, Oregon government does a "disconnect" so that Oregon pays anyways.

When we voted against homosexual marriage, the congress tried their best to find loop holes in what the voters said.

When voters said no to a higher tax, multnomah county said then we will add a new tax..... a few other cities tried to do the same but failed.

When we said no to socialized health care, they lowered the standards to who can get it, every illegal alien signed up for it, people moved from other states to get it. Then it was so expensive they had to raise the standards "some" but we still go in debt to pay for it.

the answer for them is to help old people die so they dont suck away the money that 22 year old pot heads need.

Back