Abolish the monarchy!

All the more reason to support the institution? The words of a true conservative... times change.

I'm not saying the dynamics of human society doesn't.

Haha you miss my point. I don't associate hip hop with my national identity, but I like it more, admire it more, think it serves more purpose and has more value that the Queen.

Nor am I disputing that. That's obvious enough.

Whether or not I agree nationality is a basic human right, I still like to have a nationality, but I don't see the queen as the key to my nationality.

Humanity does not need your leave to declare and uphold the universal declaration of human rights - nor do your countrymen.

Your nationality is a PATRIMONY. Like all patrimony, there is nothing you can do to change it.

Werbung:
Well... uh... there is something we could do to change it. We could... and this is a bit of stretch for you I'm sure, just abolish the thing.

I'm sure the country would carry on with very little bother. Maybe the tabloids would have to report a decent story, the old people would have another thing to whine and reminiss about, we would have to reallocate a couple of £million, open up the palaces etc. and watch the tourist industry boom.

Well... uh... there is something we could do to change it. We could... and this is a bit of stretch for you I'm sure, just abolish the thing.

I'm sure the country would carry on with very little bother. Maybe the tabloids would have to report a decent story, the old people would have another thing to whine and reminiss about, we would have to reallocate a couple of £million, open up the palaces etc. and watch the tourist industry boom.

Do you even understand the word patrimony?

And you say you can change it, eh?

Unbelievable!

I understand the term patrimony, and it just doesn't apply to the monarchy anymore. How about I tell you that the US never officially broke away from England because England once ruled it? Its absurdity. Its called a (without sounding like a 14 year old wearing a che guevara emblazened tshirt) revolution in the modern sense of the word to change something about or around you.

I understand the term patrimony, and it just doesn't apply to the monarchy anymore. How about I tell you that the US never officially broke away from England because England once ruled it? Its absurdity. Its called a (without sounding like a 14 year old wearing a che guevara emblazened tshirt) revolution in the modern sense of the word to change something about or around you.

And did the us break away from its european PATRIMONY as well? Or latin america from its spanish PATRIMONY? Or vietnam from its french PATRIMONY? Or shanghai from its PORTUGESE patrimony?

Is it even possible to erase one's cultural heritage and identity by a political action?

Hmmmm?

I like to think it does something along those lines. Your heritage means what you want it to mean, your identity is what you make it.

Human culture is not some disjointed thing that exist in isolation from its historical origins. The sooner you understand this, the better.

Werbung:
Back