AMERO Coin

KeepOurFreedoms

PREMEDITATED MERGER
¡Está aquí! 'Amero' makes coinage debut
Parody designer imagines North American Union currency

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 16, 2007
9:45 p.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

A commemorative amero coin

Parody coin designer Daniel Carr has launched production of an "amero" coin which he is marketing to coin dealers and collectors.

Blogger Daniel Taylor called attention to Carr's "amero" parody, commenting, "Pictures of the supposedly designed and coined 'amero' have been making the rounds on the Internet lately, causing a stir among those aware of real proposals for a common currency between the United States, Canada, and Mexico."

Carr notes on his website that, "These 'private-issue fantasy pattern' ameros will be struck as an annual series (until such time as it is no longer legal to do so), starting in the later part of 2007."

"I think of myself as a sculptor," Carr told WND. "I am a professional coin designer and I specialize in the design and the engraving of the coin. The goal is to make a coin that is interesting and attractive."

"Like any artist I have to survive by selling my work," Carr said. "I have been reading about the amero and I started asking myself what I would come up with if I was in charge of minting the amero coin for the North American Union."

In 1999, Carr was the designer of the 2001 New York and Rhode Island commemorative statehood quarters for the U.S. Mint.

His designs were selected as the winners in a competition with 14 state designers from outside the mint and 10 from within the mint that were asked to create the five statehood quarters minted in 1999.

A 100-amero coin

"Truthfully, I prefer the Union of North America," he explained, "because then you end up with U.N.A. and you can say 'UNA,' whereas you can't really say 'NAU' in a word."

Carr's 2007 issue amero coins are available for order until Dec. 31, 2007, after which no more of the 2007 series will be minted or available for sale.

Carr's 2007 design features various Seated Liberty obverses and a similar Eagle and Globe reverse.

A 20-amero coin

His "100 ameros" silver coin features a Pocahontas obverse with a Jamestown background and a standing Eagle on a North American globe on the reverse.

Carr plans to market a selection of amero coins, ranging from the least expensive "one amero" copper coin with a satin finish for $4.00, to a "1,000 ameros" 2007 coin in 24K gold with a proof-like finish for $925.00.

Carr told WND that he just finished minting the first coins earlier this week and he has already begun to receive orders.

The Coin Collecting Insider gives Carr credit for designing the Rhode Island and New York statehood quarters, but it also notes that his skill at forging edge lettering on coins threatens to create confusion among collectors who buy and sell non-certified error coins on sites such as eBay.

Earlier this year, the U.S. mint failed to mark a large quantity of Washington dollars with smooth edges that failed to say "In God We Trust."

These coins were being named the "Godless Dollar."

As a joke, Carr took some Sacagawea dollars and engraved on the edge "Darwin Rules," to draw contrast with the "In God We Trust" that is printed on the face of that dollar and to harass the U.S. Mint for their omission.

Carr sold about five of the "Darwin Rules" dollars on eBay for about $5.00 each.

He is also known among collectors of privately minted coins for his parody state quarters.

His two most collected parody state quarters are the New York "Defiant Finger Tower" quarter which show a rebuilt World Trade Center in a five finger design, with the middle finger extended.

Second in popularity is his "Nuke Mexico" design for New Mexico which shows a mushroom cloud detonating south of a superimposed map of New Mexico.

Carr's calling card is a one dollar brass coin celebrating his anticipated election as the 45th president of the United States, designated as serving a term from 2017 to 2021.

The obverse of the Carr president dollar shows a bust of Carr wearing sunglasses.

Interestingly, a professional society has formed to support the interests of parody coin collectors.

The Unrecognized States Numismatic Society is a professional group that bills itself as "the first and only group catering to numismatists whose collecting interests largely focus on coins minted by groups purporting, pretending, or appearing to be sovereign states, but which are not recognized as such by established governments."

The USNS was created initially by Oded Paz, a California-based coin collector and dealer, who brought the group together as a Yahoo mailing list on June 22, 2003.

In 2005, the USNS registered as a not-for-profit numismatic organization in the State of California, affiliated with the American Numismatic Association.

WND previously has reported that Steve Previs, a vice president at Jefferies International Ltd., discussed in a televised interview with CNBC a move away from the dollar to the "amero" as a coming North American currency.

WND also has reported that Council on Foreign Relations economist Benn Steill wrote in the May/June issue of the CFR's influential Foreign Affairs magazine that "countries should abandon monetary nationalism" in favor of regional and ultimately global currencies.

The AmeroCurrency.com is a website recently created to post information and readers' comments about the "amero."

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57194

Werbung:
Back