An interesting news quiz

Werbung:

That was fun

Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 12 of the 12 possible questions along with approximately 2% of the public. You did better than 98% of the general public.

What one did you get wrong? I would have figured you would get them all right.

I wish I could get my sister to take this test :)

I guessed wrong on whether there were more casualties in Iraq or Afganistan. It seemed that there were a lot of stories about IED explosions in Iraq lately.

Got 11 of 12.

I missed the oil question. I thought we got 50% from foreigners and the answer is 2/3.

It was a fairly simple test yet I would guess a majority of Americans would be lucky to get half right.

People who get their news from John Stewart and Bill Mahr would have a hard time getting 2 right :)

Yeah Pandy...that is a nice way of saying many liberals would only get 2 right.

Conservatives do not watch those two fools other than to get a few laughs. Some libs actually think they are getting real hard news from those idiots...

Yeah Pandy...that is a nice way of saying many liberals would only get 2 right.

Conservatives do not watch those two fools other than to get a few laughs. Some libs actually think they are getting real hard news from those idiots...

My older sister is pretty far left and I know that is where she gets her news. She quotes their jokes when we talk politics as though it was some sort of fact

My older sister is pretty far left and I know that is where she gets her news. She quotes their jokes when we talk politics as though it was some sort of fact

Exactly. I have witnessed the same thing.

Yet the lib media likes to marginalize Rush, Beck, and other conservative talkers who speak the truth as just entertainers who spout nothing but lies and political partisanship.

And the same lib media claims Stewart and Maher as smart and insightful. So, naturally the useful idiot crowd like your sister and my brother think what they say is real news.

Fits my theory that being a lib is easy and lazy. You just let the left media do all your thinking for you.

Exactly. I have witnessed the same thing.

Yet the lib media likes to marginalize Rush, Beck, and other conservative talkers who speak the truth as just entertainers who spout nothing but lies and political partisanship.

And the same lib media claims Stewart and Maher as smart and insightful. So, naturally the useful idiot crowd like your sister and my brother think what they say is real news.

Fits my theory that being a lib is easy and lazy. You just let the left media do all your thinking for you.

I've never heard the media, "lib" or not, claim Stewart and Maher are smart and insightful. I've not listened to Maher, not sure just who he is even, but Stewart is a very funny man. Not someone I'd get all my news from, but definitely a very funny man.

As for Rush, I have heard him refer to himself as "just an entertainer," which is what he is. He can be pretty funny in his own way, too, just so long as he isn't taken at face value.

I've never heard the media, "lib" or not, claim Stewart and Maher are smart and insightful. I've not listened to Maher, not sure just who he is even, but Stewart is a very funny man. Not someone I'd get all my news from, but definitely a very funny man.

As for Rush, I have heard him refer to himself as "just an entertainer," which is what he is. He can be pretty funny in his own way, too, just so long as he isn't taken at face value.

I do not think any media claims stewart or maher to be news programs, but general public people have.

A couple of years ago during the primary elections there were some polls and a large number of people said they get their news from John Stewart. He was interviewed about the poll and was kind of mad that people were that stupid.

People who watch either of those two men and that is how they get their news would not be able to do well in your quiz. I personally know people who openly admit they get their news via these two men.

I do not think any media claims stewart or maher to be news programs, but general public people have.

A couple of years ago during the primary elections there were some polls and a large number of people said they get their news from John Stewart. He was interviewed about the poll and was kind of mad that people were that stupid.

People who watch either of those two men and that is how they get their news would not be able to do well in your quiz. I personally know people who openly admit they get their news via these two men.

I looked up Bill Maher, and found him described as a "political satirist and comedian", which is what Jon Stewart is.

If there are people who get their news from them, that must explain the people Leno interviews on his "jaywalking" episodes. Those are funny, but kind of scary when you see supposedly educated people who have no clue what is going on in the world.

No, people who use Stewart and Maher as news sources probably wouldn't be able to answer the quiz questions.

Werbung:
Pandora is right about the public and Jon Stewart. I had no idea just how right:

Jon Stewart: Still The Most Trusted Newscaster in America

Followed by Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson, and Katie Couric, in that order.

Of course, this is not really a scientific poll, but then, Stewart is not really a newscaster, either.

fact is , he does do a good job of getting out info the major news people ignore, and you can trust him,,, he may not be correct, but you know what your getting from him...

I did a study on his show, verse the World news tonight, and I often found while Wolrd news gave more "facts" and detail....Stewart gave more of the "truth" behind the facts....

think about it this way

take 1000 people who watched the Daily show
and 1000 who watched Fox news...

back when I did this study...did we find a WMD program in Iraq
and what nation where the hijackers on 9-11 from?

and I bet a lot more Stewart views can point out that no we did not, and Saudi Arabia...while while Fox news Viewers said Yes and Iraq....

Back