anarchy is stupid. who agrees?

arbitor

anarchy is stupid in so many ways i dont know where to start. i doubt there are many on this site who support it becuase most people are not ignorant to their freedoms. if you disagree than give me your reasons. ive done this many times and the result has always been the same.

Werbung:
If you lived alone on a tropical island you would chose anarchy(no government) would you not? If you lived with another person on a tropical island what form of government would you chose? How many people do you need before you would have to chose a government? Could a "town meeting" where everyone is equal suffice for a government?

Anarchy is the best system in a world when everyone works within expected moral standards because it gives total freedom. However, the whole reason we have laws is because this is not the case and people break them, effecting others freedom and rights.

The government itself is infringing upon your freedom and take your rights, its just that a good government does it less than a society where people are free to murder and steal.

as 9sublime said, anarchy is actually the BEST system you could hope for: the lack of any "system" at all. unfortunately, in practice, people don't tend to 'play nice' without laws to keep them in line.

exactly. you can not trust people to govern themselves without limits. all that would result would be mass murder and chaos not to mention the inevitable reforming of governments which under these circumstances would probably be dictatorships. anarchy may seem nice in theory but it would NEVER EVER work, EVER. so promoting this is idiocy. these anarchists need to wake up and get back to reality. this shining future they want is unattainable as long as we have human nature (which you cant get rid of)

exactly. you can not trust people to govern themselves without limits. all that would result would be mass murder and chaos not to mention the inevitable reforming of governments which under these circumstances would probably be dictatorships. anarchy may seem nice in theory but it would NEVER EVER work, EVER. so promoting this is idiocy. these anarchists need to wake up and get back to reality. this shining future they want is unattainable as long as we have human nature (which you cant get rid of)
"...so promoting this is idiocy. these anarchists need to wake up and get back to reality..."
Who is promoting anarchy? I thought the movement disappeared in the early-middle 1900's. And, what form of government do you suggest is better?

I wish we were mature enough for anarchy. At the very least, we should have a government that actively LIMITS laws, to the very minimum.

its really not a matter of maturity. its a matter of moral perfection. you would need everyone agreeing on what is moraly correct and have everyone obey them. in order for it to work we would have to be moraly flawless. so saying we are not mature enough is implying that someday we will be able to pull off anarchy and still keep the society of man afloat. anarchy is simpley an attempt to make the perfect world. all attempts to make a perfect world (hitler, musilini and communism) only made it worse.

Yeah, I agree with you arbitor. But also I agree with irishone that we need to roll back government in many respects because its far too intrusive and controlling.

There is something that you guys may have overlooked and that is the apparent anarchy due to the ineffectiveness of (inter alia) government. Organisations (e.g. companies, NGOs or governments) can become so large and unwieldy that it makes effective descision making almost impossible thus atrophy. From such atrophy lawlessness can evolve due to ineffective governance, you don't have to look far as most of Africa exists like this! Zimbabwe is a classic example - Governed anarchy.

There is something that you guys may have overlooked and that is the apparent anarchy due to the ineffectiveness of (inter alia) government. Organisations (e.g. companies, NGOs or governments) can become so large and unwieldy that it makes effective descision making almost impossible thus atrophy. From such atrophy lawlessness can evolve due to ineffective governance, you don't have to look far as most of Africa exists like this! Zimbabwe is a classic example - Governed anarchy.
Whew! As I was reading this I though you were talking about the U.S. government. And in particular, the New Orleans Katrina incident; government at its best.

Admittedly, in the age we live in now with the internet being absoloutley everywhere, the idea of a centralised government is not just dangerous because of this very technology, but ultimatly redundant.

Caution: Written while under the influence of extreme cynicism.

all that would result would be mass murder and chaos

So?

not to mention the inevitable reforming of governments which under these circumstances would probably be dictatorships.

Not necessarily, to both counts.

anarchy may seem nice in theory but it would NEVER EVER work, EVER.

Depends on what you want it to work for. I've known a few anarchists, most of them don't give a **** about a "bright, shiny, perfect" future. They don't see a state of anarchy as being utopia - just fair.

so promoting this is idiocy. these anarchists need to wake up and get back to reality. this shining future they want is unattainable as long as we have human nature

Was someone around here promoting anarchy?

Is this a direct response to a specific group or statement?

Or did you just wake up the other day and say to yourself, "gee, today I'll condemn anarchy"?

(which you cant get rid of)

Obviously you've never read any George Orwell.

Werbung:
1) what do you mean so? does mass death mean nothing to you?
2) people will seek protection. it starts out as clans or gangs then it becomes bigger and stronger and there will be power struggles and someone will rise.
3)they are idiots. that is not a fair world. the strong praying on the helpless is not fair. that is evil and stupid.
4) noone on this website has but i thought it might be interesting to discuss.
5) all evidence proves human nature is evil. no i dont read his books. i dont care to.

Back