Animal euthanasia

dogtowner

Staff member
I was reading this article about some poll saying 70% felt that it was only acceptable to put strays down due to health or aggressiveness. I've got a niece who is very active in this regard (I don't think she wants them put down for any reason) so I guess that made me read it.

I'm particularly troubled by the notion being exhibited by the no-kill shelters of just closing their door when they are at capacity or worse still only accepting highly adoptable animals. It ignores the inherent cruelty of leaving all the rest to suffer, die and cause public health issues living a feral existence.

The same concept carries over to efforts to interfere with other culling efforts against non-pet animals (deer, foul etc).

I love my critters and am very involved in conservation but it bothers me seeing these counter productive actions as they seem to be based on ignorance (willful at times) over humanitarian principles.

This feels more like a blog but I couldn't find where they had gone in the new software.

Werbung:
Back