Anti American tune played at White House with the WH knowledge.

Skytrooper

Chinese Pianist Plays Propaganda Tune at White House US humiliated in eyes of Chinese by song used to inspire anti-Americanism
By Matthew Robertson

Lang Lang, a Chinese pianist, plays the piano at the White House on Jan. 19, 2011. The music he is playing is the theme song from an anti-American propaganda movie about the Korean War. (Screenshot from Youtube) Lang Lang the pianist says he chose it. Chairman Hu Jintao recognized it as soon as he heard it. Patriotic Chinese Internet users were delighted as soon as they saw the videos online. Early morning TV viewers in China knew it would be played an hour or two beforehand. At the White House State dinner on Jan. 19, about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie “Battle on Shangganling Mountain.”

The film depicts a group of “People’s Volunteer Army” soldiers who are first hemmed in at Shanganling (or Triangle Hill) and then, when reinforcements arrive, take up their rifles and counterattack the U.S. military “jackals.”

The movie and the tune are widely known among Chinese, and the song has been a leading piece of anti-American propaganda by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for decades. CCP propaganda has always referred to the Korean War as the “movement to resist America and help [North] Korea.” The message of the propaganda is that the United States is an enemy—in fighting in the Korean War the United States’ real goal was said to be to invade and conquer China. The victory at Triangle Hill was promoted as a victory over imperialists.

The song Lang Lang played describes how beautiful China is and then near the end has this verse, “When friends are here, there is fine wine /But if the jackal comes /What greets it is the hunting rifle.” The “jackal” in the song is the United States.

The name of the song is “My Motherland,” originally titled “Big River.” In an interview broadcast on Phoenix TV, the first thing Lang Lang is quoted as saying is that he chose the piece.

He then said, “I thought to play ‘My Motherland’ because I think playing the tune at the White House banquet can help us, as Chinese people, feel extremely proud of ourselves and express our feelings through the song. I think it’s especially good. Also, I like the tune in and of itself, every time I hear it I feel extremely moved.”

He expressed this idea more frankly in a later blog post, writing: “Playing this song praising China to heads of state from around the world seems to tell them that our China is formidable, that our Chinese people are united; I feel deeply honored and proud.”

Known in Advance
Whether Lang Lang’s decision to play “My Motherland” was entirely his own is impossible to confirm. That his choice was known in advance to CCP officials is very likely.

Cheng Xiaonong is a former assistant to former CCP General Secretary Zhao Ziyang. He now lives in New Jersey and is a commentator on Chinese politics.

Cheng said that “The White House had to report in advance to the Chinese delegation and so the Chinese delegation would have certainly known Lang Lang’s program.”

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=8

These people disgrace the very foundation of what this country stands for and built on.

A liberal President playing host to one of the biggest human rights violators in the world (thought the libs stood up against those whom violated human rights, oh that must only be when America is being accuse of it by the liberals with or without proof) while listening to a tune that spits into the very face of every American. Now why aren't we surprised?

Werbung:

These people disgrace the very foundation of what this country stands for and built on.

A liberal President playing host to one of the biggest human rights violators in the world (thought the libs stood up against those whom violated human rights, oh that must only be when America is being accuse of it by the liberals with or without proof) while listening to a tune that spits into the very face of every American. Now why aren't we surprised?

What of the human rights we have violated? Our we innocent of all? Shall we pardon the blood on our hands with the thought that we are the arbiter of all that is good? It's time people look in the mirror before they speak from their pulpits. Hypocrisy is the currency of everything political you speak with forked tongues and it does not faze you.

What of the human rights we have violated? Our we innocent of all? Shall we pardon the blood on our hands with the thought that we are the arbiter of all that is good? It's time people look in the mirror before they speak from their pulpits. Hypocrisy is the currency of everything political you speak with forked tongues and it does not faze you.

Riiiiiiiiiiight - because some CIA female interrogator teased a islamofascist war criminal by showing her panties, we're in the same category as the PRC, which as a result of the "People's Courts" after their revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the Proletarian Cultural Revolution, and the Tianamen Square massacre, has killed scores of thousands of innocent people. Yep. Right. Sure.

Riiiiiiiiiiight - because some CIA female interrogator teased a islamofascist war criminal by showing her panties, we're in the same category as the PRC, which as a result of the "People's Courts" after their revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the Proletarian Cultural Revolution, and the Tianamen Square massacre, has killed scores of thousands of innocent people. Yep. Right. Sure.

No the rape, sodomy, and torture of people not charged with any crime. The murder of hundreds of thousands of Japanese citizens. The internment after pearl harbour where innocent Japanese were wrongfully imprisoned. The sate sponsored murders of Ferdinando Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti guilty of nothing but holding different viewpoints than the contemporary culture of the day.

No the rape, sodomy, and torture of people not charged with any crime.

Whadda you talking about? :D

The murder of hundreds of thousands of Japanese citizens.

Whadda you talking about? :D

The internment after pearl harbour where innocent Japanese were wrongfully imprisoned.

By your leftwing hero - FDR.

The sate sponsored murders of Ferdinando Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti guilty of nothing but holding different viewpoints than the contemporary culture of the day.

Sacco and vanzetti, eh? Guess that evens up the score with the scores of millions (I erroneously said thousands before) BY THE CHICOMS.

1)Whadda you talking about? :D

2)Whadda you talking about? :D

3)By your leftwing hero - FDR.

4)Sacco and vanzetti, eh? Guess that evens up the score with the scores of millions (I erroneously said thousands before) BY THE CHICOMS.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

2)
NG30.jpg

3) Not my hero

4) Who said that? Nothing can even up the "score" of innocent blood. Is that what this is to you a damned game? People are dying and you think it fit to spout your ignorance.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

2)
NG30.jpg

3) Not my hero

4) Who said that? Nothing can even up the "score" of innocent blood. Is that what this is to you a damned game? People are dying and you think it fit to spout your ignorance.

the ignorant always justify there wrong deeds by saying it was revenge for some other wrong deed...disregarding that that deed was of course done in revenge for the one you did before to them...and so on.

Non Americans lives are tokens and have no value. 3000 civilians dead on sept 11 is a crime against humanity...tens of thousands of non American citizens are just statistics and mean little. Just always make sure you can point out they are different, and less human. They are Muslims who cares, they have slanty eyes, who cares? Its just more dead in Africa, who will notice? Its just beheaded Mexicans...not my problem...( don't worry works well for inside US as well...he was black? probably a gang banger who cares...)

But then again if you fail you can just call someone a liberal and pretend you just won a debate.

Give up on the Hiroshima crap. Besides having military targets in Hiroshima, the japanese civilian population was fully integrated into the japanese military machine with home workshops turning out small parts for the war effort, and as such were legitimate targets. Not only that, the civilian population was being trained in militia units to oppose the expected US land invasion. Further, the japanese had set the terms of war by bombing civilian areas, notably Nanking China. Further, the japanese surrender consequent to the bombing saved the lives of 20 million japanese expected to be killed in the planned land invasion set for 1946. Beyond that, in his "rain of ruin from the air" message, Truman had given the japanese the most crystal clear warning ever delivered in history.

Nope - the japanese have only themselves to blame for Hiroshima.

As for Abu Ghraib, that was ordinary crime by rogue US military individuals - certainly not comparable with OFFFICIAL PRC GOVERNMENT POLICY to kill tens of millions of people.

Give it up - you're caoable of a LOT better anti-US defamation than this crapola.

So you compare the US to China? Sure lets plat that game.

Yes I have seen human rights being violated by US Presidents. Waco comes to mind, but that doesnt count because it was a liberal president and just a bunch of Jesus freaks right?

How about the bombings in Sudan and Iraq? Oh wait, liberal President.

Then you talk about WW2. You do realize that any US soldier that was captured was beaten, tortured and beheaded by the Japanese officers but they didn't deserve to be bombed after they attacked Pearl Harbor where hospitals and civilians were secondary targets. Then we could go into the slaughter of 3.9 million Chinese when Japan targeted civilians. So I understand where China came to realize how to control their population. Slaughter them and they will obey.

And once again the liberals want to bring race card into the subject. OK lets, you do realize dont you that the majority of crimes against a race is committed by minorities against white people right? Or is the facts to hard for you to comprehend? Yes thought so.

Little boys, before you open that can again I would beg you to come with facts and not some failed liberal whine because your anti Americanism flows out of you like a busted water pipe.

So you compare the US to China? Sure lets plat that game.

Yes I have seen human rights being violated by US Presidents. Waco comes to mind, but that doesnt count because it was a liberal president and just a bunch of Jesus freaks right?

How about the bombings in Sudan and Iraq? Oh wait, liberal President.

Then you talk about WW2. You do realize that any US soldier that was captured was beaten, tortured and beheaded by the Japanese officers but they didn't deserve to be bombed after they attacked Pearl Harbor where hospitals and civilians were secondary targets. Then we could go into the slaughter of 3.9 million Chinese when Japan targeted civilians. So I understand where China came to realize how to control their population. Slaughter them and they will obey.

And once again the liberals want to bring race card into the subject. OK lets, you do realize dont you that the majority of crimes against a race is committed by minorities against white people right? Or is the facts to hard for you to comprehend? Yes thought so.

Little boys, before you open that can again I would beg you to come with facts and not some failed liberal whine because your anti Americanism flows out of you like a busted water pipe.

Do you no how to argue against anyone but liberals? Did fox news not teach you how to argue against any other possible criticism? Maybe thats why you want to label me as a liberal so you can apply the talking points you have been fed with.

By the way someday America will reward you for this blind patriotism by robbery in the form of taxes or blood of a loved one in a war we could have avoided.

Do you no how to argue against anyone but liberals? Did fox news not teach you how to argue against any other possible criticism? Maybe thats why you want to label me as a liberal so you can apply the talking points you have been fed with.

By the way someday America will reward you for this blind patriotism by robbery in the form of taxes or blood of a loved one in a war we could have avoided.

And youre as stupid as a bag of rocks.

Skytrooper..I understand the importance of what your saying..and for these idiots to compare us the the likes of China is asinine..China executes more people each year than any other country and while official statistics remain secret, Amnesty’s figures show that China executed at least 1,718 people in 2008, nearly three-quarters (72%) of the world’s executions. Earlier this year, the number of offences that carry a capital punishment was cut from 68 to 55 – although the reality is that this will have little impact on the net number of executions.

People are detained in "Re-education Through Labour" camps for up to four years without any trial, often with harsh conditions. It is frequently used against petty criminals, critics of the government or followers of banned beliefs..

People who speak out on politically-sensitive topics are frequently put under house arrest or imprisoned. They include defence lawyers, journalists, workers’ rights activists, villagers protesting against land seizures and relatives of people killed in Tiananmen Square.

Hundreds of websites are blocked or banned in China. Search results are filtered, and websites censored, including those using words like "freedom", "human rights" and "Amnesty International". With around 30 journalists and 50 Internet users known to be behind bars, China has been described as "the world’s leading jailer of journalists".

China’s judicial system falls way short of international standards. Failings include lack of access to a lawyers, extracting confessions through torture and political interference in the judiciary.

Members of unofficial Catholic churches or underground Protestant "house churches" are frequently detained in violation of their rights. Muslims in Xinjiang are persecuted as well: some books are banned and mosques have been closed. Tens of thousands of members of the banned Falun Gong movement have been detained labour camps, prisons and psychiatric hospitals.

Torture and ill-treatment is widespread and methods include electric shocks, suspension by the arms, kicking, beating and food- and sleep-deprivation. Those detained for their political views, human rights activities or religious and spiritual beliefs are at high risk of torture in custody, particularly if they refuse to recant or renounce their beliefs.

Dozens of people are believed to remain in prison 20 years after the crackdown on the 1989 pro-democracy movement. Calls for a full investigation are ignored and any public discussion of the events of 4 June 1989 remains censored from newspapers, websites and other media. Some Chinese people are totally unaware of the truth of what took place.

Independent trade unions remain illegal in China. Low wages or non-payment, mass lay-offs, poor working conditions and corrupt management practices have led to a wave of labour disputes in China which have often been met by the authorities with intimidation and sometimes arrests and long prison sentences.

In Tibet freedom of expression, religion and association continue to be severely restricted. Dozens of prisoners of conscience, including Buddhist monks and nuns, remain in prison. In late 2008 four Tibetan children, all aged 15, were detained on suspicion of writing pro-Tibetan independence slogans. Amnesty received reports that electric prods were used to torture the children. Other Tibetans, including monks and nuns, have been shot/

Thanks
Doug

Werbung:
That was actually kind of clever of the Chinese, notably Lang Lang and Hu Jintao. It was a piece well known to most Chinese people as a beautiful, patriotic (and anti-American) tune, but almost completely unknown outside Chine, notably in America.

It was a sly slight to America, while at the same time letting the Chinese people chortle that the Americans can't even see what's happening right under their noses.

Lastly it made the Obama administration, which lives and dies by the impression and the appearance and the staging of events rather than by actual results, look like complete boobs as this went right by them, in full public view, with zero notice until after the fact.

Back