Are you scientifically literate?

I believe in the separation of church and state just not the way libs like you do.

My post, which you once again twisted, was to inform Rogen that no where in the Constitution does it state separation of church and state. I likely educated you and he/she and many other liberals who actually believe its in the Constitution because lib elites tell you this lie daily...you can thank me later.

You missed the point of my post as usual and then made an absurd assertion.

OK, so the words 'separation of church and state" don't appear in the Constitution. You, nevertheless believe that there is such a separation, just not the way "libs like me" do. I stated my belief as follows:

This nation has citizens from many religions, some of which are in conflict in other lands, all living in peace, due to that wall of separation.

Further, I've stated before that the ability of those religions whose adherents are in often armed conflict in other lands to live here in relative peace is one of our greatest achievements as a nation.

Since that is the opinion of libs like me, and since your opinion is, as you stated above, different, please enlighten us: Just what is your interpretation of the words found in the First Amendment of the Constitution regarding the establishment of religion?

Werbung:
Since that is the opinion of libs like me, and since your opinion is, as you stated above, different, please enlighten us: Just what is your interpretation of the words found in the First Amendment of the Constitution regarding the establishment of religion?

Exactly what the Founders intended.

How can one get as old as you and not know what the First Amendment means? Rhetorical...

But, I suspect you are much more intelligent and knowledgeable than all the Founders combined.

How can one get as old as you and not know what the First Amendment means? Rhetorical...

But, I suspect you are much more intelligent and knowledgeable than all the Founders combined.

And I posted the letter from one of those founders (who was instrumental in getting the first amendment into the Constitution) made clear was the intent of said amendment, and yet here you are acting as if denial is a river in Egypt.

By the way, nice dive. You still haven't told us what your interpretation of the amendment is, if not "separation of church and state". Why do you think it was the FIRST amendment?

My interpretation is exactly what the founders intended. When I last spoke to them, they all confirmed it.

But, alas, no I am no more intelligent than the founding fathers, who were all outstanding men. I'm not even smarter than a fifth grader, as that show proves every week during its season.

Since my interpretation is what the founders intended, and yours is the same, then we must agree.

This is a nation that welcomes all faiths, treats them equally, and as a result has many faiths, whose adherents are often in conflict in other lands, living together in peace . No one religion gets preferential treatment. Having different religions living together peacefully is one of our greatest achievements, and one worth preserving.

At last, we agree.

The part where you claimed the Constitution states wall of separation. It does not state this, but you clearly will not accept the fact that you are wrong.

Typical.

Obviously, you didn't understand a single word I posted. I did not claim that the Constitution uses the phrase "wall of separation". But since the very founding father who wrote the 1st amendment did use the phrase in reference to that amendment in a letter which I also posted for your perusal, and since the Supreme Court has already affirmed its meaning, there is no way for you or anyone else to get around the fact that that is clearly what it means.

And I posted the letter from one of those founders (who was instrumental in getting the first amendment into the Constitution) made clear was the intent of said amendment, and yet here you are acting as if denial is a river in Egypt.

By the way, nice dive. You still haven't told us what your interpretation of the amendment is, if not "separation of church and state". Why do you think it was the FIRST amendment?

If you believe the Founders intended what Libs like you have twisted the First Amendment into, then we must get together so I can sell you a highway bridge...be aware, I only accept cash...

Okay...lets follow the intent of the Founders on EVERYTHING.

This will mean all your beloved welfare programs will cease to exist. Also the Fed Res must die. And, nearly all Fed taxes including your most revered PROGRESSIVE income tax will be terminated.

That's just for starters.

If you believe the Founders intended what Libs like you have twisted the First Amendment into, then we must get together so I can sell you a highway bridge...be aware, I only accept cash...

Okay...lets follow the intent of the Founders on EVERYTHING.

This will mean all your beloved welfare programs will cease to exist. Also the Fed Res must die. And, nearly all Fed taxes including your most revered PROGRESSIVE income tax will be terminated.

That's just for starters.

So you are saying that if we don't allow Christianity to become the state religion, you will try to axe 150 years of government? Good luck with that, Gip.

Werbung:
Further proof that it is impossible for us to effectively communicate with each other.

It might make our communication a bit easier if you didn't post so much BS and actually acknowledge truth once in a while (such as the fact that the 1st amendment means that there is a wall of separation between church and state in this country). This can be accomplished by foregoing your literalist agenda and understanding that not everything in life is black and white.

Back