As far as I know Ukraine along with Moldova enjoys the "prime member" status in the E

Morpheus

As far as I know Ukraine along with Moldova enjoys the "prime member" status in the EU Eastern partnership program. Those are mainly Poles who brand Ukraine "prima" and who actually made that whole stir with European integration at the expense of Europe itself. Now, some Polish officials seem just to be weary of the EaP program. But it would be somewhat irrelevant to quit it right now amid pending EaP summit, due in September in Warsaw, and taking into consideration that on the 1st of July Poland takes over the EU presidency.
What I can’t get is why they’ve been stuffing our common European house (far from ideal so far, I should say) with those irrelevant "inmates" able to bring more of disorder only and make economic and political situation here even tougher! Mind this is done on our money!
Ukraine is definitely the country which may well bring more negative elements into European house life pattern. I’m absolutely sure of it! Inner political and corruption scandals occurring in Ukraine almost daily add meat to this sort of fears shared by many Europeans able to employ their grey cells yet.
Here you are with the eye-opening story visibly demonstrating who’s actually striving after EU membership. Ukrainian intelligence (Sluzba Bespeky Ukrayiny, SBU in short) is currently taking probe into some unauthorized posts in Internet (ord-ua.com. site). Actually this is some sensitive info relating SBU division in Kharkiv district of Ukraine. Fancy, among the posted documents there’s active list with the names of the staffers, their functions and all that. Further, there’re some documents containing data relating operational and research activities of the local SBU "K" department involved in fighting corruption! There’s also some detailed plan for 2011 to acquire the operational sources of information by the staffers!!
Now just dig into how this highly sensitive info may be used by criminal structures in Ukraine if they get it into their possession! They’ll be able to exert pressure both on the staffers and their families. And how on earth can those staffers oppose corruption when they aren’t in safety themselves, I wonder?
I suspect SBU is badly weakened by inner discords and sort of opposition between those who associate themselves with the former regime and those supportive of the current authorities in Kiev. Relating the sensitive info leaked into Internet, I think SBU staffers of all ranks, its top officials including are just red in the face in this story.
Well, for our big shots in Brussels it should be clear now that Ukraine is actually far from being set to advance any democratic reforms. It’s still lagging behind under the burden of authoritarian ambitions and internecine feuds.

Werbung:
Back