At Mexico summit, Obama says immigration reform will have to wait

XCALIDEM

Obama won the latino vote by lying to them; offering them a reform and amnesty to millions of illigals in this country. He's now going back on his word... It doesn't surprise me! After all, he went back on his word of accepting government money for his campaing and later change his mind to collect $150 million. most of it, money form the AFLCIO Unions.... The man doesn't have a word....

I wonder what happened to his illigal aunt? I bet she didn't get deported....:mad:

At Mexico summit, Obama says immigration reform will have to wait
The president, noting he has 'a pretty big stack of bills' to deal with, says pushing through a bill to overhaul immigration is unlikely before 2010.
By Peter Nicholas and Tracy Wilkinson

August 11, 2009

Reporting from Guadalajara, Mexico — Locked in a healthcare debate that is claiming much of his energy, President Obama acknowledged that a push to overhaul the nation's immigration system will have to wait until 2010 and even then will prove a major political test.

Obama suggested it would be too ambitious to aim for passage of new immigration laws before the end of the year, at a time when he will be confronting "a pretty big stack of bills."

Speaking at the end of a two-day summit meeting of fellow North American leaders, Obama said, "Now, I've got a lot on my plate, and it's very important for us to sequence these big initiatives in a way where they don't all just crash at the same time."

The summit provided a brief forum for addressing lingering grievances among the trio of North American countries. Mexico is upset that the U.S. won't allow truckers to move cargo within American borders, while Canada is unhappy about "Buy American" provisions written into the $787-billion stimulus bill passed into law in February. Obama sought to placate his counterparts on both points. But other issues were also raised, including the coup in Honduras and the human rights record in Mexico.

Obama said he won't ignore immigration. His administration is meeting with lawmakers and coming up with a bill that would enjoy bipartisan support, so that "when we come back next year . . . we should be in a position to start acting."

As a candidate, Obama said during a campaign stop in July 2008 that he would make immigration "a top priority in my first year as president." But the realities of governing have forced him to reexamine how best to roll out his agenda.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-mexico-summit11-2009aug11,0,7302257,print.story

Werbung:
Back