We don't need Immigration "Reform", we need to obey the laws already in place

Little-Acorn

Here we go again.

This so-called immigration "reform" (actually a proposal to open our borders and grant amnesty) was overwhelmingly rejected by the American people in the last decade, so much so that even the racists in Congress (on both sides of the aisle) were forced to vote against it.

Looks like those racists didn't take the hint. Maybe they don't think they've given us enough reasons to vote them out of office (as we did, again overwhelmingly, on Nov. 2010) already... and they think we need more?

They keep saying the system is "broken". Hardly. The system is simply not being followed in the first place. Long ago Congress set quotas for the numbers of people who will be allowed to immigrate for various reasons, and set up well-defined procedures for them to apply (visas, green cards, procedures to get naturalized citizenship etc.).

Those quotas and procedures aren't suggestions, they are Federal LAWS. And to my knowledge, none of them have been repealed. What, exactly, do the racists consider "broken"?

What's broken, of course, is that the people whose job it is to ENFORCE the laws, aren't doing it. And that's the "Office of the President" and all those below him, agencies he put in place and he controls. Obama never enforced the laws, GWB never enforced them (much), Clinton never did, Bush41 never did, etc., all the way back many decades.

If the President's men are not enforcing the laws we have now, please explain to me how making more laws will change that?

So-called "Immigration Reform" (a.k.a. giving up and letting the lawbreakers stay) is the last thing we need. In fact, it's just about the WORST possible solution we could come up with. Do we really want to accept into this country, a huge group whose only common characteristic, is a demonstrated willingness and ability to ignore and violate U.S. law?

That's like running a Savings Bank, on the basis that the only people you'll let into the bank, are people who have already robbed it once and managed to evade the cops ever since.

Try enforcing the present laws instead. Please.

It's not just a good idea. It's the LAW.

---------------------------------

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep..._to_outline_blue-print_for_immigration_reform

Obama to Outline "Blue-Print" for Immigration Reform

by Katie Pavlich

President Obama will speak today in El Paso, Texas about his plans to reform the immigration system. The President is expected to call on Congress to enact legislation to "fix" the broken system while stressing the "important economic impacts" (illegal) immigrants have on the country as he lays out his version of a blue-print for the nations' (illegal) immigration problem.

Topics the President is expected to cover according to the White House:

-Developing (amnesty) a new pathway to citizenship
-Stressing the importance of (illegal) immigrants when it comes to employment, entrepreneurship, taking advantage of 'the brightest minds" in the world and job creation
-Continuing the presence of the National Guard on the southern border
-Securing the border with resources allocated by Congress
-Fixing a "broken" immigration system
-Raising the dialogue surrounding the (illegal) immigration issue above "amnesty"
-Emphasizing the role of (illegal) immigrants as major job creators in the U.S.

What can we really expect?

By what we're hearing, Obama's speech is expected to lay out the DREAM Act wrapped up in a brand new shiny bow branded with a different title. Obama made clear what his goals were for those in the country illegally by forcing a vote on the DREAM Act during the lame duck session, which if passed would have granted children of illegal immigrants citizenship if they went to college or joined the military.

Meanwhile, although it didn't pass in the previous session of Congress, Harry Reid conveniently made it possible for the DREAM Act to be brought up again for a vote during the current session and Obama has expressed his disappointment in the failure of the legislation the first time around, saying he won't give up to eventually get it passed.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Werbung:
Ever notice how just about everything that is "broken" and needs "fixed " or "amended" are laws and programs and initiatives originally enacted by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

BO talks about "immigration reform" when all he is proposing is amnesty for illegals.

This is nothing more than a transparent effort to gain new voters for his re-election in 2012. That is all it is.

But, watch how the MSM will carry his water and try to confuse the American public. I don't think they will buy it.

BTW, how do we adequately enforce our present laws? Glad you asked.

1.) Build the wall and fence. All 2,000 miles of it.
2.) Patrol it adequately.
3.) Anyone who violates the border, gets 1 year hard labor, then a quick trip back.
4.) Consistently prosecute people, including CEOs and Personnel managers, who knowingly hire illegal aliens (see point 3).

Once those are in place and are consistently enforced, then we'll see if anything else is needed. My guess is, nothing else will be. But you must do ALL FOUR of those things, or else none of it will work.

BTW, how do we adequately enforce our present laws? Glad you asked.

1.) Build the wall and fence. All 2,000 miles of it.
2.) Patrol it adequately.
3.) Anyone who violates the border, gets 1 year hard labor, then a quick trip back.
4.) Consistently prosecute people, including CEOs and Personnel managers, who knowingly hire illegal aliens (see point 3).

Once those are in place and are consistently enforced, then we'll see if anything else is needed. My guess is, nothing else will be. But you must do ALL FOUR of those things, or else none of it will work.

We could do those and if we need to I would be in favor. But those are the expensive ways. We could also just remove the incentives for illegals to come here and sometimes that would actually save us money.

We could start really simply and just say that when an employer hires a person they need to actualy confirm that the person is legal and is who they say they are. When a child goes to school the school could confirm that the parents are legal. When a person goes to a hospital they could have to use the insurance plan from their home country instead of public aid. When a policeman pulls a person over he could check that they have a drivers license and they should only get one if they are legal - then deport them if not. etc.

This would all be just as true if they came here from Sweden or if they came here from Argentina.

I would also get rid of quotas but increase filters to make sure that terrorists don't come in.

Werbung:
Put American citizens back to work by building the several hundred miles of double fence that hasn't been built yet.

Did anybody see the smart ass comments that Obama made today during his sombrero-licking session with a bunch of Mexicans down in Texas?

Obama claimed that ALL of the fence has been built (a complete lie), and then he made comments that "that won't be good enough for some people. Next they'll want a moat and then they'll want alligators in the moat."

Obama also claimed today that the United States is producing more crude oil than we ever have in our history. Another lie. The United States produces about HALF as much crude oil as we produced in 1970!

The son-of-a-***** lying sack of dung makes me so angry................I'll shut up now.

Back