Why does anyone think we need "comprehensive immigration reform"???

Now, that's just cold. Desperate people are dying of heat exhaustion and dehydration in our deserts. The situation could be fixed by securing the border and allowing legal immigration. That's a serious human rights issue.

Nobody is making them come across the border, rather they are choosing to do so of their own free will. In the process they are breaking our laws, yet we are responsible for their well being and health care the minute they come across? That is in my book the part that is morally and ethically wrong. Their are plenty of people in this country that could use some help with things such as eating and health care. Yet their isn't enough money in a lot of places, why?.....because their are to many free loading gimmie-grants. I have no problem at all with legal immigration, I fully welcome and support that process. Yet, the majority of them don't come here with a hand out, unlike their illegal counter parts who come here and get right in line at the welfare office. In fact here in NC the local mexican radio station has segments that are literally geared towards illegals and telling them where to go and how to get government assistance.

Maybe if we were to end the welfare state and insist that our own citizens work for a living, then we would no longer need immigrants. Are you taking bets on when that will happen?

They will not try to reduce the nanny state and they will not try to eliminate the illegal population. Why because that is a dependent voter base that they count on by keeping them conveniently located on the government tit.

Werbung:
True enough, but imposing sanctions on Mexico for supporting illegal immigration would just exacerbate the situation.
It would exacerbate the internal Mexican problem of very rich vs. very poor. It may even result in another revolution. Maybe it induce the peons to turn on the patrons who are the root of Mexican poverty.

Now, that's just cold. Desperate people are dying of heat exhaustion and dehydration in our deserts. The situation could be fixed by securing the border and allowing legal immigration. That's a serious human rights issue.
We cannot secure the border. Must stop the inducement for them to come. That is, as I suggested, no employment, no anything for them to come here for.

Ask any big farmer who harvests the crops.
Horse****. That is the tired, "The jobs that Americans will not do myth." There is NO job that Americans will not do including stoop labor. Why do I have to keep repeating it? Just as a "fair price" for something is what a willing buyer pays a willing seller, a fair wage is what a willing employer pays a willing worker.
One of the most strenuous, dangerous jobs in the world is working on an Alaskan crab boat. Seasonal employees flock from the lower 48 each year to attempt to get one of those jobs for the season. Yes, they are migrant workers. The pay is very good, there is no shortage of willing workers despite the danger, lack of sleep. Those jobs make picking tomatoes in California like a trip to Disney Land. However, the reason that the large farmer does not pay a "fair wage", that would attract American citizens is that he can get away with paying coolie wages to Mexican illegals who are so poor and desperate, they accept a very low wage. In other words, the presence of illegals defeats a "fare wage" for the work.

Maybe if we were to end the welfare state and insist that our own citizens work for a living, then we would no longer need immigrants. Are you taking bets on when that will happen?
Hey, they already have that...in Mexico. And no, I will not take bets on ending immigration or stopping the blaming of out or work Americans for being unable to find a job that will support their families and afford a car and $3.00 a gallon gas to get to a minimum wage job.

Nobody is making them come across the border, rather they are choosing to do so of their own free will. In the process they are breaking our laws, yet we are responsible for their well being and health care the minute they come across? That is in my book the part that is morally and ethically wrong. Their are plenty of people in this country that could use some help with things such as eating and health care. Yet their isn't enough money in a lot of places, why?.....because their are to many free loading gimmie-grants. I have no problem at all with legal immigration, I fully welcome and support that process. Yet, the majority of them don't come here with a hand out, unlike their illegal counter parts who come here and get right in line at the welfare office. In fact here in NC the local mexican radio station has segments that are literally geared towards illegals and telling them where to go and how to get government assistance.

OK, so if you have no problem with legal immigration, then there is no argument to end legal immigration. Sure, illegals come here of their own free will. The way to stop them is to take away the magnet that draws them: jobs that pay more than they can earn in their home country. Along with that, we need to allow people to come here legally, after a background check, and limit their numbers to what we can absorb, not just allow whoever can sneak past the Border Patrol to come here like we've been doing for decades.

In the process, we would eliminate the human issue of people dying in the attempt to come here illegally.

They will not try to reduce the nanny state and they will not try to eliminate the illegal population. Why because that is a dependent voter base that they count on by keeping them conveniently located on the government tit.

yes, and the large donors like the cheap labor provided by illegals.

Werbung:
It would exacerbate the internal Mexican problem of very rich vs. very poor. It may even result in another revolution. Maybe it induce the peons to turn on the patrons who are the root of Mexican poverty.

If the peons haven't revolted yet, it seems unlikely that they ever will. Further, if they did, it is a big question which side the US would take.

Surely, you don't think our government would have the restraint to stay out of it, do you?

We cannot secure the border. Must stop the inducement for them to come. That is, as I suggested, no employment, no anything for them to come here for.

Which is the same thing that I've suggested.

Horse****. That is the tired, "The jobs that Americans will not do myth." There is NO job that Americans will not do including stoop labor. Why do I have to keep repeating it? Just as a "fair price" for something is what a willing buyer pays a willing seller, a fair wage is what a willing employer pays a willing worker.
One of the most strenuous, dangerous jobs in the world is working on an Alaskan crab boat. Seasonal employees flock from the lower 48 each year to attempt to get one of those jobs for the season. Yes, they are migrant workers. The pay is very good, there is no shortage of willing workers despite the danger, lack of sleep. Those jobs make picking tomatoes in California like a trip to Disney Land. However, the reason that the large farmer does not pay a "fair wage", that would attract American citizens is that he can get away with paying coolie wages to Mexican illegals who are so poor and desperate, they accept a very low wage. In other words, the presence of illegals defeats a "fare wage" for the work.

Exactly, which is why I've been arguing for an end to illegal immigration.

Allowing a limited number of legal immigrants would have no such effect, as there would be no one living in the shadows, afraid to speak out for higher wages. There is no need to seal the borders, just secure them.

Hey, they already have that...in Mexico. And no, I will not take bets on ending immigration or stopping the blaming of out or work Americans for being unable to find a job that will support their families and afford a car and $3.00 a gallon gas to get to a minimum wage job.

No, I wouldn't bet on that either.

Back