Australia is the most conservivite country in the world

steveox

Like they passed a graphic cigarette ad in back of boxes

Australian court OKs logo ban on cigarette packs
ERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia has urged other countries to adopt the world's toughest law on cigarette promotion, which was upheld Wednesday by the country's highest court and prohibits tobacco companies from displaying their logos on cigarette packs.

The High Court rejected a challenge by tobacco companies who argued the value of their trademarks will be destroyed if they are no longer able to display their distinctive colors, brand designs and logos on cigarette packs.
Starting in December, packs will instead come in a uniformly drab shade of olive and feature graphic health warnings and images of cancer-riddled mouths, blinded eyeballs and sickly children. The government hopes the new packs will make smoking as unglamorous as possible.
http://news.yahoo.com/australian-court-oks-logo-ban-cigarette-packs-004107919--finance.html

This will never happen in America. Cause you have liberal states blocking this. Australia doesnt have a Kangeroo court,,America does Especialy the Supreme Court upheld Obama care.

Werbung:
Like they passed a graphic cigarette ad in back of boxes

Australian court OKs logo ban on cigarette packs
ERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia has urged other countries to adopt the world's toughest law on cigarette promotion, which was upheld Wednesday by the country's highest court and prohibits tobacco companies from displaying their logos on cigarette packs.

The High Court rejected a challenge by tobacco companies who argued the value of their trademarks will be destroyed if they are no longer able to display their distinctive colors, brand designs and logos on cigarette packs.
Starting in December, packs will instead come in a uniformly drab shade of olive and feature graphic health warnings and images of cancer-riddled mouths, blinded eyeballs and sickly children. The government hopes the new packs will make smoking as unglamorous as possible.
http://news.yahoo.com/australian-court-oks-logo-ban-cigarette-packs-004107919--finance.html

This will never happen in America. Cause you have liberal states blocking this. Australia doesnt have a Kangeroo court,,America does Especialy the Supreme Court upheld Obama care.
Steveox, I would not call this conservative but radical. It was a labor government that first propose this. I agree the Conservative opposition also agreed. The High Court is our leading court. Members have been appointed by both Labor and Conservative governments. They are not elected. They simply said the plain package legislation is correct in law. I support the law because it will deter people smoking. one in two smoker die from smoking related illness.... We must do something about this. Although smoking is now only 18% people are still dieing. I have no sympthay to the rich tobacco companies who peddle this poison. Many other countries are going to copy Australia.

Look aus. America did something right. Tobacco companies are no longer allowed put cigarette ads on Televison,Billboards or on magazines. but they will never do what australia did. Because of the ACLU and the DNC. Just like Beer ads are next victim of America. I got news for you,, Beer companies are next on the list. Sooner or later the law is gonna get passed you can no longer show budweiser ads on televison. This will hurt the NFL and MLB cause they need beer ads on TV to make money.I hope congress pass anti beer ads from being on televison.

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.​

I say, Legalize Freedom.

Yeah
Freedom not to pay taxes it should be voluntary. Like for example every April 15th every TV channel and radio station is occupied by ther government called a tax telethon. Everyone pledges to get to certain amount. The Telethon will not be returning to regalar programimg until that goal is met.

Freedom to say ANYTHING!!! Even its racist or sexest and you cannot get fired for that.

Freedom not to get traffic tickets. If you speed SO WHAT! If you run a red light SO WHAT! If you run a stop sign SO WHAT! If you dont feed the parking meter SO WHAT! if you drive its your choice you know whats in it. Just like nobody forced someone to become police officer. They know what goes with the territory,,Just like being a Soldier death comes with it. So if you dont want to die soon,, dont drive,,Dont become a soldier or a cop and youll live a long life!

Yeah
Freedom not to pay taxes it should be voluntary. Like for example every April 15th every TV channel and radio station is occupied by ther government called a tax telethon. Everyone pledges to get to certain amount. The Telethon will not be returning to regalar programimg until that goal is met.

Freedom to say ANYTHING!!! Even its racist or sexest and you cannot get fired for that.

Freedom not to get traffic tickets. If you speed SO WHAT! If you run a red light SO WHAT! If you run a stop sign SO WHAT! If you dont feed the parking meter SO WHAT! if you drive its your choice you know whats in it. Just like nobody forced someone to become police officer. They know what goes with the territory,,Just like being a Soldier death comes with it. So if you dont want to die soon,, dont drive,,Dont become a soldier or a cop and youll live a long life!
Stevox , I am not sure you really mean you want to be free to do anything Running red lights will kill other besides you self. Smoking harms many beside your self, eg family and children. It also cost the taxpayer because of the cost of treatment.
In Australia our football and cricket are not sponsor by tobacco companies now but still survive. In fact an anti smoking group is a sponsor.
I do not think this law will spread to other products because only smoking is certain to kill at least half its users. However cigarette avertising is already ban on our TV, radio and Billboards. smoking is ban in most eating areas. Some in Australia even want it to be illegal like Drugs. This is not government policy at the moment.

did I miss something? since when did the right want graphic Cig labels and the left stopped it? Normally its the left getting yelled at by Republicans for wrecking there right to blow smoke in the face of anyone they choose...and if they don't like it they can get a new job. Then again normally steve has no idea what he is talking about so I guess it does make sense in that way.

Stevox , I am not sure you really mean you want to be free to do anything Running red lights will kill other besides you self. Smoking harms many beside your self, eg family and children. It also cost the taxpayer because of the cost of treatment.
In Australia our football and cricket are not sponsor by tobacco companies now but still survive. In fact an anti smoking group is a sponsor.
I do not think this law will spread to other products because only smoking is certain to kill at least half its users. However cigarette avertising is already ban on our TV, radio and Billboards. smoking is ban in most eating areas. Some in Australia even want it to be illegal like Drugs. This is not government policy at the moment.

A question--
why do so many hard-core pot enthusiasts and pot smokers condescend and rail against tobacco smokers--when they smoke something with far more carcinogens?
Liberals worldwide suffer from this same hypocritical delusion.

Australia is very conservative on immigration but the country is extremely liberal on some other issues such as environmental regulations and animal rights and it's the first country in the world which enfranchised women, which was even earlier than the British mainland by 16 years. British American Tobacco Australia, which has about 44% market share in Australia, is a British-owned multinational company, which may be another reason why Australia is against big tobacco.

A question--
why do so many hard-core pot enthusiasts and pot smokers condescend and rail against tobacco smokers--when they smoke something with far more carcinogens?
Liberals worldwide suffer from this same hypocritical delusion.
Johnny Tremain. I am not a pot enthusiasts. You will see it on my remarks about Colby.
Third Term you are right about Australia being first to have votes for women. The question of how liberal we are depends on what definition of Liberal you mean. In the American definition we are liberal on most things like the environment and animal rights. However liberal is a respectable term here and even our Conservatives use it to denote their political party.

I am not sure we are very anti British still having the unionjack in our flag. However we know most of the tobacco companies are foreign

Johnny Tremain. I am not a pot enthusiasts. You will see it on my remarks about Colby.
Third Term you are right about Australia being first to have votes for women. The question of how liberal we are depends on what definition of Liberal you mean. In the American definition we are liberal on most things like the environment and animal rights. However liberal is a respectable term here and even our Conservatives use it to denote their political party.

I am not sure we are very anti British still having the unionjack in our flag. However we know most of the tobacco companies are foreign

And don't forget--the Queen on the money!

Werbung:
Back