Barnes & Noble caught in options fray?

palefrost

I just read this today and does anyone know what type of stock options scandal they are mentioning?

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc. said Tuesday it has received a subpoena from the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, requesting documents regarding stock option practices.

Barnes & Noble has become one of more than 80 companies to say it is being investigated in a quickly spreading scandal over stock options.

The operator of the bookstore chain said it received the subpoena Friday, making the statement in a brief regulatory filing. It had previously announced it was reviewing stock option practices and said the Securities and Exchange Commission is conducting an informal inquiry with respect to them.

Barnes & Noble (Charts) said it is cooperating fully with the SEC and intends to cooperate fully in responding to the subpoena.

Werbung:
Wow, I hand't heard anything about this. I have always liked Barnes & Noble, but I know some people can't stand them. Sure, I would go to a quaint, family-owned bookstore if there was one available in my region, but there isn't.

Barnes and Noble is just like any other large company, the proponents of little family run businesses don't like them because they tend to drive down prices and run the small guys out of town. IE Wal Mart.

Werbung:
I don't know if you can compare just about any other business to Wal-Mart. Have you seen the documentary "The High Cost of Low Prices?" Scary stuff.

Back