Biden cuts China off from more advanced AI chips

reedak

1. WASHINGTON, Oct 17 (Reuters) - The Biden administration plans to halt shipments to China of more advanced artificial intelligence chips designed by Nvidia and others, part of a raft of measures released on Tuesday that seek to stop Beijing from receiving cutting-edge U.S. technologies to strengthen its military.

The rules, which go into effect in 30 days, restrict a broader swathe of advanced chips and chipmaking tools to a greater number of countries including Iran and Russia, and blacklist Chinese chip designers Moore Threads and Biren.

The new measures close loopholes in regulations released last October and will probably be updated "at least annually," Commerce Department Secretary Gina Raimondo told reporters late on Monday.

The goal is to limit China's access to "advanced semiconductors that could fuel breakthroughs in artificial intelligence and sophisticated computers that are critical to (Chinese) military applications," she said, stressing the administration was not seeking to hurt Beijing economically....

Source Link: https://www.reuters.com/technology/...chips-expand-curbs-more-countries-2023-10-17/

2. The following could be part of a long fictitious conversation between the leaders of the US and China in their upcoming meeting at San Francisco in November this year.

At the meeting, the US leader may assure his Chinese counterpart that his administration's crackdown on China’s chip industry is not aimed to hurt the Chinese economy.

The Chinese leader may respond with a bitter laugh: "Your so-called good intention in hobbling my country's chip industry is analogous to a psycho husband muttering to his wife 'I love you, I love you,' while performing his daily ritual of punching and kicking her till she rests in peace."

In response, the US leader may say: "Your husband-wife analogy is wholly inappropriate for men like us."

The Chinese leader may say: "Don't forget that same-sex marriage is officially legal in your country. Don't be a hypocrite claiming that your evil deeds against my country are a means to promote good bilateral relations. Such a glaring inconsistency is analogous to the hypocrisy of an unfaithful husband saying sweet words to his wife. It would be better for them to divorce at once rather than living such a miserable life altogether."

The US leader may respond: "There you go again. I strongly object to your use of the husband-wife analogy because both of us are men. Every time I hear that queer stuff from you, my whole body would feel very uncomfortable."

His Chinese counterpart may reply: "You view my analogy as queer. Such people in my analogy are generally called a queer couple having a queer union in India, but I would rather call them strange bedfellows."

Additional Reference:

Werbung:
You have odd voices in your head
My dear friend, in other words, you are saying that all the people living in countries, where same-sex marriage is officially legal, have odd voices in their heads. :)

1. WASHINGTON, Oct 17 (Reuters) - The Biden administration plans to halt shipments to China of more advanced artificial intelligence chips designed by Nvidia and others, part of a raft of measures released on Tuesday that seek to stop Beijing from receiving cutting-edge U.S. technologies to strengthen its military.

The rules, which go into effect in 30 days, restrict a broader swathe of advanced chips and chipmaking tools to a greater number of countries including Iran and Russia, and blacklist Chinese chip designers Moore Threads and Biren.

The new measures close loopholes in regulations released last October and will probably be updated "at least annually," Commerce Department Secretary Gina Raimondo told reporters late on Monday.

The goal is to limit China's access to "advanced semiconductors that could fuel breakthroughs in artificial intelligence and sophisticated computers that are critical to (Chinese) military applications," she said, stressing the administration was not seeking to hurt Beijing economically....

Source Link: https://www.reuters.com/technology/...chips-expand-curbs-more-countries-2023-10-17/

2. The following could be part of a long fictitious conversation between the leaders of the US and China in their upcoming meeting at San Francisco in November this year.

At the meeting, the US leader may assure his Chinese counterpart that his administration's crackdown on China’s chip industry is not aimed to hurt the Chinese economy.

The Chinese leader may respond with a bitter laugh: "Your so-called good intention in hobbling my country's chip industry is analogous to a psycho husband muttering to his wife 'I love you, I love you,' while performing his daily ritual of punching and kicking her till she rests in peace."

In response, the US leader may say: "Your husband-wife analogy is wholly inappropriate for men like us."

The Chinese leader may say: "Don't forget that same-sex marriage is officially legal in your country. Don't be a hypocrite claiming that your evil deeds against my country are a means to promote good bilateral relations. Such a glaring inconsistency is analogous to the hypocrisy of an unfaithful husband saying sweet words to his wife. It would be better for them to divorce at once rather than living such a miserable life altogether."

The US leader may respond: "There you go again. I strongly object to your use of the husband-wife analogy because both of us are men. Every time I hear that queer stuff from you, my whole body would feel very uncomfortable."

His Chinese counterpart may reply: "You view my analogy as queer. Such people in my analogy are generally called a queer couple having a queer union in India, but I would rather call them strange bedfellows."

Additional Reference:

Biden will give China what it asks for since that is why they pay him. Bill Clinton did the same thing in his day, only Bill collected his under the table money using crude bags of cash bribed in secret meetings held in Buddhist temples in California back in the dark ages of his administration.

Did the imaginary voices in your head say to post that?
My dear friend, as seen from your posts, you contribute nothing to this forum except enjoying yourself by attacking other netizens with short sarcastic remarks containing grammatical and punctuation errors.

Using an analogy, you behave like a guy who has escaped from a mental institute, shooting at everybody on your path. :eek:

The audacity of your ignorance is breathtaking.
Your stupidity in defending a guy, who wrote the word "bandwith", is breathtaking.

Just look at his spelling for bandwidth, isn't it time for him to return to kindergarten?

Last edited:
Your stupidity in defending a guy, who labelled you as "a waste of site bandwith", is breathtaking.

Just look at his spelling for bandwidth, isn't it time for him to return to kindergarten?
Irony give a rat's what you think.

Irony give a rat's what you think.
Your use of obscene language is the most breathtaking of all.

Don't make it a habit, please. :LOL:

Your use of obscene language is the most breathtaking of all.

Don't make it a habit, please. :LOL:

I don't take instructions from you.

My dear friend, as seen from your posts, you contribute nothing to this forum except enjoying yourself by attacking other netizens with short sarcastic remarks containing grammatical and punctuation errors.

Using an analogy, you behave like a guy who has escaped from a mental institute, shooting at everybody on your path. :eek:
That post contributed nothing. No analogy needed.

Werbung:
There are several dangerous things happening at the moment, and that is the expansion of conflict to new fronts (against the US and all democracies) in the runup to a potential new presidency in the US. It means that many totalitarian enemies of democracy are gambling on a lot of election trouble or a passive and a submissive new Trump period, which will allow them to invade and occupy. In the last cold war, the US (and especially the right!!) stood up for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And free speech. All these things do not exist in most of the invading countries.

Back