BO disrespects YOU!

How nice of you to share your opinion, jump to conclusions and respond with personal insults. Does calling other members stupid make you feel superior? I don't know what you consider "acceptable" links to news that isn't propaganda. Rather than the source, maybe you should consider whether the article has some truth to it in fact. It could open your mind.

What "insult" did i throw at YOU?

And the SOURCE off an article is often the only way to determine the veracity and/or the potential bias in that article.

I wonder how excitedyou are about reading articles by Rachel Maddow or Reich?

Andhowhard you try todetect the "truth" in those articles?

Now. . .obviously president Obama has enemies! It is clear that people who have, from day ONE, insisted that the priorityof their party was to "make Obama fail" have clearly declared themself as the President's enemies. . .or rather, that the President is THEIR enemy!

Duh!

Werbung:
so instead of countering (or reading most likely) you throw poop.
SOP

Okay. ..since you insist that I should answer this trash propaganda, I'll humor you, at least for one of those article, because since I already debated that before and I know the "issue" (or non-issue!), it won't take me too long. I hate wasting time on meaningless debates that only end up in "he says, she says!"

But, let us look at this little piece of propaganda:

"Obama Punishes Texas Over Governor Rick Perry"

and here is the real story:

Perry protested what he views as a lack of response from President Obama 13 days after his request for emergency funds, though federal agencies such as the National Park Service have supplied firefighters to support the state.​
"There is a point in time where you say, hey, what's going on here. You have to ask why are you taking care of Alabama and other states? I know our letter didn't get lost in the mail."​
But an administration official with knowledge of federal assistance provided to Texas tells CNN the state has been already been allocated 16 fire management assistance grants that provide financial support for the specific purpose of fighting fires. Texas has been approved to receive six more grants of this kind to aid state and local governments with firefighting efforts that include equipment, field camps, mobilizing and demobilizing activities. The most recent fire management grant was approved Wednesday.
Perry has also charged Obama with punishing Texas for his open opposition to administration-led reform on health care and the environment, a charge which the president has denied.​
Rachel Racusen, a FEMA spokesperson said, "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and communities continuing to be affected by the wildfires in Texas. Governor Perry's request is currently under review, and we will continue our close coordination with the state as they work to protect their residents and communities."​
White House spokesman Nick Shapiro contested Perry's claims of neglect, saying, "The administration has greatly been assisting Texas with the fight against the wildfires."​

And:

Of course Rick Perry doesn’t want to see Texas burn, so it is rational of him to ignore his rhetorical distaste for the federal government and demand that it help. And Texas could use the help, because Perry and the Republicans who control all three branches of Texas government have severely slashed the budget of the Texas Forest Service.
Perry’s fanatical opposition to raising revenue to close Texas’ budget gap meant that his allies in the Legislature had to find creative ways to cut costs, like cutting $34 million over the next two years from the agency that fights wildfires. The Forest Service is mostly volunteer-based, and the cuts will largely affect the state’s assistance grants to buy volunteer departments the tools they need to fight fires.​
The Forest Service was appropriated $117.7 million for the 2010-2011 fiscal year. That is not enough to cover the expense of fighting the fires currently burning across the state. For the 2012-2013 fiscal year, which began this month, the agency was appropriated $83 million.​
The state has already approved supplemental spending to pay for firefighting that has already taken place, which is also $61 million short of what is needed. So, in other words, the budget intentionally appropriates less money than everyone knows the Forest Service will actually need in order to maintain the illusion of fiscal responsibility. And the Republicans will demand more federal money to make up the gap. While decrying federal spending.
Ken Layne draws a connection between gutting the Forest Service budget and the growing trend of municipal budget slashing done primarily to prove seriousness about the moral necessity of “austerity” in these Tough Times. But Perry’s not allowing everything to go to hell, like the people of Costa Mesa, Calif., so much as he’s requiring fiscal irresponsibility to pay for very basic services, like putting out fires. No new taxes and balanced budgets until it turns out we need money really bad!
http://www.salon.com/2011/09/07/perry_firefighting_budget/[URL='http://www.salon.com/2011/09/07/perry_firefighting_budget/http://www.salon.com/2011/09/07/perry_firefighting_budget/']http:/[/URL]

A lot more from where those two articles come from!

Back