Bottom about to drop out on war support

Why don't they just quit funding the war? They have the power of the purse but refuse to pull funding while simultaneously complaining that they don't have the votes to override a veto.

No vote is needed. All Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi need to do is not allow any funding bills come up for a vote. The only explanation is that they are spineless cowards who are using the war for political gain.

You staunch republicans would love that, wouldn't you? As soon as they stopped funding the war people like you would holler about abandoning the troops in the field!

At least admit that it doesn't matter what the democrats do, you will find fault with it.

It was a stupid mistake to invade Iraq in the first place and even more stupid to remain there. It would seem like a Marine would not want to continue to see his comrades killed in vain!

Werbung:
You staunch republicans would love that, wouldn't you? As soon as they stopped funding the war people like you would holler about abandoning the troops in the field!
admit that it doesn't matter what the democrats do, you will find fault with it.
It was a stupid mistake to invade Iraq in the first place and even more stupid to remain there. It would seem like a Marine would not want to continue to see his comrades killed in vain!

That's stating your case Dragonfly, and the Republicians are
the ones who seem confused about what to do. So of course
they (Republicians) are the ones who is always pointing the
finger.

Dragonfly, I served three lousey years in Viet Nam, and I know
the feeling about fighting a non-sense War. Which is why I am
one Brother who is for bringing the troops home.

At least admit that it doesn't matter what the democrats do, you will find fault with it.

First of all, I don't believe any Marine or soldier has died in vain. The vast majority is proud of what is being accomplished. Another discussion for another day.

On to the main point here, if the Democrats were really determined to end the war -- they could. They have the power. But they don't want to for political reasons.

What it comes down to is that they like having the war as their issue, because once it disappears they really have no platform. They'll just have to return to their boring "Republicans are racists for the rich who don't care about old people" routine that Americans have clearly rejected.

What it comes down to is that they like having the war as their issue, because once it disappears they really have no platform. They'll just have to return to their boring "Republicans are racists for the rich who don't care about old people" routine that Americans have clearly rejected.

I don't think it's clear AT ALL that Americans have rejected censure of the Republican "platform" (crime spree). What is clear is that a majority of Americans would like to see Bush and/or Cheney impeached, and to get us out of Iraq. Republicans wouldn't be in the White House unless they had stolen both elections. Both parties are corrupt, don't get me wrong. It's all being orchestrated by the Illuminati.

I don't think it's clear AT ALL that Americans have rejected censure of the Republican "platform" (crime spree). What is clear is that a majority of Americans would like to see Bush and/or Cheney impeached, and to get us out of Iraq. Republicans wouldn't be in the White House unless they had stolen both elections. Both parties are corrupt, don't get me wrong. It's all being orchestrated by the Illuminati.

Wow. Impeachment, stolen election, and the Illuminati to boot. This rivals Roker.

Werbung:
Back